Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread: American Horror Story

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I didn't notice the torches the first time. Cool!

Also, regarding the Butcher, someone shouting "This is my land!" and running down Hollywood Boulevard probably wouldn't be too much of a stretch.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    It takes some of the suspense away when you know the two lead characters are alive and well.
    I know! Anyone else notice this? But with them revisiting the house, well, we know where this is going.
    I haven't been a fan of this season at all. Better then last years, but that isn't saying much.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I keep forgetting to mention my idea for a setting for an upcoming AHS season. If I already mentioned it, just ignore me.

Anyway, there can't be many more horror trope settings left. I feel they need something different, which is why I tip my cap to them for this season. They are trying something different. I don't think it's been executed to perfection just yet, but there's still time.

Anyway, I think it would be cool if a season took place on a space station. There have been quite a few horror films that have taken place in space. I think there's a ton they can do with that setting. Is the space station being haunted by ghosts of past inhabitants or is it some kind of extraterrestrial being? Or... wait for it... both.

Tell me Kathy Bates as some kind alien possessed crazy lady wouldn't be fantastic!
    I'd vote for a mortuary.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, we all pretty much called that. I must say, they have my interest now more than ever this season.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Dreadful finale.

Just checking in. Moving on to something else.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Agreed. I think I posted my thoughts in another thread, but I was disappointed. I really enjoyed the first part of the season but once they switched storylines it started to deteriorate for me. And the finale was just all over the place. It seemed like they were trying to cram way too many different things into that last episode. It just didn't work at all for me.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I think limiting the show to ten episodes might have been a mistake. One or two more episodes could have helped. I did not mind the finale although I don't think it was the strongest episode. The finales always have major issues with this show. The only ending I think they really got right so far is Season 1. That being said, I did enjoy this season. You have to check your brains at the door to a certain extent but the insanity and violence of it kept me interested until the end.

As far as the Dante's inferno theory I posted earlier, I think this season would represent the level of hell delegated to violence. This, to me anyway, definitely seemed like the most violent season so far. It will be interesting to see if the Inferno Theory actually checks out. It would mean that season 9 would be the final season.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    And the finale was just all over the place. It seemed like they were trying to cram way too many different things into that last episode. It just didn't work at all for me.
    This pretty much sums up my feeling about the finale. In terms of "shows" in the finale, we had:

- A true crime show about Lee's court case
    - Crack'd
    - Spirit Chasers
    - Lana Winters Special
    - A recording from Paleyfest

Plus all that was happening at the house in the present. It was just too much and really lacked focus.

EDIT: Was the true crime show and Crack'd the same thing? I don't even know.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I disagree...while it seemed to be all over the place there was only one storyline that we followed from beginning to end. Different formats were used to follow it though. Compare that to Asylum where you really had a ton of stories...the nazis, the asylum, alien abductions, serial killers, etc. I think this was a top 3 season for me. Hotel was awful and Freak Show wasn't much better.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I think it was one of the better seasons as well, glad I'm not alone Hotel and Freak Show are definitely the two worst seasons for me.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Really? I love Freakshow. I'd rank it #2 after Murder House. Where would I rank this one? Maybe in the middle. It was definitely better than Hotel. I should rewatch Asylum again though, it's been so long.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Freak Show wasn't as bad as Hotel but it was slow moving and never really went anywhere. If I could have had every episode be about Twisty the clown I might change my opinion. They tried to duplicate the interesting music moments that Asylum had but failed hard. Lobsterboy singing Nirvana was just strange and didn't work. Coven was a fun season but was more comedy than horror IMO. Hotel was just awful.

I would probably rank Asylum as number 2 in my top 3 but it was really crazy and all over the place. The parts that worked REALLY worked though so that makes up for it being off the deep end as far as cramming in as much as they could. This season was easily better than Hotel and Freak Show though.

Country
    Country Flag

Freak Show and Hotel are the ones I haven't seen yet, but everyone's comments are not giving me high hopes for them.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

They are plenty of bright spots for both of those seasons. Freak Show has some terrific performances, some of the best out of the entire franchise really. Pepper's episode was my favorite I think. And I'm still hoping Neil Patrick Harris comes back for another season because his character was great.

Hotel has fantastic atmosphere, my favorite locale from all the seasons is the hotel. It's perhaps the most stylish of the seasons. Denis O'Hare and Evan Peters characters are the best parts of that season for me. They bring much needed life to the screen when they appear.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The other problem with the format of the show this season is that, for much of the season, they were bound by the "found footage" style. Meaning, some of my favorite things like cinematography and lighting go out the window. It's a small nitpick, but it really kept me from enjoying major parts of the show. In general, I just don't like found footage stuff.

I'm actually really surprised people are putting it in their top 3. The lack of likeable characters alone hurts this season for me.

Country
    Country Flag

I don't care if the characters are likable or not, but I do need to care about them. And, for the most part, I didn't.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I thought it was a good season mainly by focusing on one main storyline. The found footage/reality show/video blog way of presenting it, along with how they portrayed actors, was a critique of how entertainment is produced and consumed now. I found that a little over the top. Other than that and a few minor things (you can't make jerky in a few minutes and you are not getting around on a leg people cut meat out of), I enjoyed the season.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks interesting, but I've grown tired of AHS.

I think they need to get back to telling more traditional horror stories. I applaud them for sticking to the themed seasons, but it's more of a gimmick for me at his point.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post

By the way, has anyone else read the theory that each of the seasons represents a different circle of Dante's Inferno? The idea being that each season has it's own particular sin. Of course, all the seasons contain multiple sins but it can be argued that there is a main sin for each.

Season 1 - Lust
    Season 2 - Fraud
    Season 3 - Treachery (or possibly Anger)
    Season 4 - Greed
    Season 5 - Gluttony

The fact that each season is in a common, central area (or circle) also lends credence to this theory. If true, maybe we will get 9 seasons altogether.
    Was close....

Ryan Murphy May Have Finally Explained How Each 'American Horror Story' Season Is Connected

That means just two more seasons after this upcoming one.

Considering how violent Season 6 was I thought for certain that was the main sin. So Lust and Violence are still up for grabs. Hard to imagine a season more violent than 6, sheesh!

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

What the fuck was that? Jesus Christ that was disappointing. I gave it a one out of five. Painful to watch. I'm a big fan of the show, but I'm giving this season ONE more episode, and it better be MUCH better for me to continue.

Fuck.

Country
    Country Flag

The premiere was a big MEH for me. Aside from the political stuff that I didn't care for (there's enough politics in real life that I don't need it in my escapism TV also), it felt weird for the sake of being weird. Clown sex? Kai peeing into a condom and making a water balloon? Winter getting Oz to watch someone being stabbed to death? Come on.

Also, does Sarah Paulson have it in her contract that she's the main character each season? I love her and think she's super talented, but let's have some variety in main actresses.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

The first ten minutes traumatized me all over again.

Clown sex will always be good nightmare fuel.

It's not one of the better openers that's for sure but it might have potential for something good, I hope.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm like Ricky with the "MEH".

I already lived thru the horror story that the last election was and had no desire to relive it.

I guess I'll give it a try but will probably bail out a few episodes in like I have on all but the first AHS season.

But I did enjoy the clown sex! dijstol?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast