Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2007 Music List - What have you been listening to?

Goldmember Kevin will become famous soon enough Kevin will become famous soon enough Kevin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Frunobulax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    My itunes Library: 2360 songs, 6:16:57:16 total time, 8.87 GB.

Every single song paid for, which I'm proud of.

Lets compare?
    Well over 4,500 songs, over 20 days, and approx. 40.4 gigs (from memory, my stats may be wrong). The Merzbow 50 CD MERZBOX (an awesome noise compilation) and long La Monte Young pieces (The Well-Tuned Piano is one 5 hour piece) help.

Michael Jackson SON-OF-WAYNE is on a distinguished road SON-OF-WAYNE's Avatar

Dreamtheater
    Opeth
    Muse
    Lamb of God
    Devildriver
    Rush
    Nine Inch Nails
    Yes I love Progresive and Metal....

Peaches Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn's Avatar

Been listening to a lot of Trans Siberian Orchestra lately, getting myself all ready for the concert.

Ubersnob Frunobulax is on a distinguished road Frunobulax's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Lets compare?
    Well over 4,500 songs, over 20 days, and approx. 40.4 gigs (from memory, my stats may be wrong). The Merzbow 50 CD MERZBOX (an awesome noise compilation) and long La Monte Young pieces (The Well-Tuned Piano is one 5 hour piece) help.
    Why the panicky smilie thingy?
    My favorite bands can kick your favorite bands' asses.

The horizon is right and motionless like the EKG of a dying woman.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Telynn View Post
    Been listening to a lot of Trans Siberian Orchestra lately, getting myself all ready for the concert.
    I love them! I've been listening to them a lot the last couple of weeks as well. I went to see them back in Nov, kinda wished it was closer to christmas because it was weird to listen to christmas music before thanksgiving.
    They put on such a good show. Have you seen them before?

Peaches Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn's Avatar

I've seen them 3 times. I love them. Such a good show.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Yeah, this was my second time seeing them, but I think it's going to become a yearly tradition for me and my friend.
    Supposedly they're working on a new album, which they said should be released by next summer.

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Skolpadda View Post
    can i get a witness for the rock of ages?

clutch is always good times.

Gunslinger Apprentice Will is on a distinguished road Will's Avatar

I'm so sorry you have a Zune.
    Yeah, it's a bummer having a player superior to an iPod that supports a really fantastic subscription program. I don't know how I manage. D:

I've been listening to Primus pretty much nonstop lately.
    People said I was dumb, but I proved them.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I've been listening to a lot of Iron & Wine, the new Nine Inch nails, which, thankfully is a lot more like the older stuff, a good deal of old Fugazi stuff, inspired by sarajean, Rise Against, Lucero, Against Me!, The Devil is Electric, This Bike is a Pipe Bomb, Ghost Mice, Sigur Ros, Flogging Molly, Dropkick Murphys, Mindless Self Indulgence, Elliott Smith, Meat Puppets and Nirvana.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Banned Jimmy is on a distinguished road

Twisted Sister put out a metal Christmas album and it makes me happy.

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

Lets compare?
    4634 songs, 12.3 days, 19.91 GB.
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I've got just under 800 songs on my ipod, but I only got it this October - so that's only songs from my cd collection so far.

Awoken Enigma Sai_Rhavan is on a distinguished road Sai_Rhavan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Yeah, it's a bummer having a player superior to an iPod that supports a really fantastic subscription program. I don't know how I manage. D:

Counting you, that makes 4 people I know who understand how epic the Zune actually is, whether it's in service or easy of compatability when compared to the I Pod: My friend Tony, myself, you, and Bill Gates.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Primus! I was listening to Tommy The Cat earlier

What service does the zune come with? Is it rhapsody?

Awoken Enigma Sai_Rhavan is on a distinguished road Sai_Rhavan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think it's just called Zune media player. I have Rhapsody as well, but I've never used it. It has a great list of features, like downloading all of your songs from ITunes, and for 14.99 a month you get unlimited music. Greatest thing for me, ever.

Rhaven, do you have FairUse4WM? It took my Zune experience from great to unbeatable.

Primus! I was listening to Tommy The Cat earlier
    She knew what she wanted! She was lookin' for that...stud bull.

Quote Originally Posted by Sai_Rhavan View Post
    I think it's just called Zune media player. I have Rhapsody as well, but I've never used it. It has a great list of features, like downloading all of your songs from ITunes, and for 14.99 a month you get unlimited music. Greatest thing for me, ever.
    I've got rhapsody with my mp3 player and I love it. It sounds the same as yours. For $15 a month you can get unlimited music to play on your mp3 player or computer. The only thing you can't do is burn the songs to a cd unless you purchase them, but if you've got the player there's really no need for that. It's alot better than having to pay for every single song you want to download.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I bought a zune after I first picked up an ipod and the harddrive crashed three days after I bought it. I took the ipod back and got a zune instead. I love it, but the only think that annoys me now is, as of the last fireware update, even if you don't have it set to auto sync, if you delete something from your harddrive, it also disappears from the zune. It didn't used to be that way. I download a lot of public domain audiobooks from http://www.librivox.org and I like to delete themf rom my harddrive after I add them to my zune. I can't do that anymore and it annoys the fuck out of me.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rjeso View Post

Lets compare?
    4634 songs, 12.3 days, 19.91 GB.
    I was totally wrong about my estimates. It's 7000 songs...wow whadda boob!

Anywho, my laptop needs a new monitor since it was cracked with a Frank Lloyd Wright picture yesterday by accident. So updated on that music will wait.

I just got my Radiohead discbox, so Disc 2 of In Rainbows is pumping now.

And besides that, Minor Threat, Massive Attack, Steve Reich, White Rainbow, Primus, and Andrew Bird have all gotten love in the past three days.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post

Really? Because the limits on music sharing, crippling DRMs, inability to share music with those outside of the US, lack of Mac compatibility for more music sharing, and "three plays" limits all seem pretty bad. But I digress.[/opinionsnoneedtorespond]

If any of those besides the DRM thing impacted me, I'd care. But I use FairUse to strip the DRM off my subscription files, so I'm basically just left with a $15 per month music buffet.

Country
    Country Flag

OK. Fair enough.

Anyways, what else have y'all been listening to in '07?

What's on disc 2 of In Rainbows? Is it some more new stuff?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast