Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Personalized Film Recommendations

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'll try!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Screw it. Watch both.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

yes, bears have already succumbed to fate in this respect

will download and watch the whole shebang some time next weekend

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

The prisoner walking in the background of that gif is freaking distracting haha
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

In terms of superhero films, I think the best superhero film of this decade (and something I think you would very much like Jean) is this:
    Spoiler:

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Ooh, nice one, Mattrick. I agree, out of all films involving people with superpowers, it's not only one of the best, but definitely a film that Jean has the best chance of enjoying.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Chronicle is a film I think I can watch over and over again and represents one of my favourite sort of movies and that is one that mix and mashes various genres together that form a cohesive narrative, with characters we can understand and manages to make old tropes fresh again. A film like Chronicle shows that even tried and tested formulas can be improved upon and re-invented by breaking the formulaic constraints genres put on films. This is a reason I am such a big fan of the [REC] movies, even the sequels because it's like walking through familiar territory after its gotten a coat of white primer.

Country
    Country Flag

I see

: puts another film on the ever-growing list :

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

How's it coming with BB/TDK jean?

Country
    Country Flag

looking for a source now. It's difficult to find it with original soundtrack and reasonable file size

Country
    Country Flag

Dear friends!!!

many of you know I am having big health problems now. What I can do best is reading (mainly Kindle; much worse paper; computer almost impossible), but, luckily, quite recently I've added watching films

since I can do very little but the above two activities, and there's no telling how long this state of things will go on, I am trying to catch up with all the recommendations

the problem is, it is extremely hard for me to read on the monitor, so I can't be really consistent in this quest

so please, those of you who have recommended, or want to recommend, a film that I need to watch, please do it now, there's a good chance I will watch it at the long last!

thank you!

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

My old list plus amendments:

Young Adult (I think bears will enjoy this movie)
    Fantastic Planet (if you haven't watched it)
    13 Conversations About One Thing
    The Savages (not Oliver Stone's 'Savages')
    Ted (Bears need to watch a funny comedy with a talking teddy bear!)
    Amour
    The Arrival
    Wall-E
    Into The Wild
    Stay
    Punch Drunk Love
    The American

Country
    Country Flag

thank you!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There are too many to list. Check out my Top 30 lists by decade and see if anything catches your interest: http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ms-of-All-Time

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

James, I watched Withnail and I AND I EFFING HATED IT DON'T RECOMMEND ME ANYMORE EFFIN MOVIES!!!!

Just kidding. Watching it tomorrow.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    James, I watched Withnail and I AND I EFFING HATED IT DON'T RECOMMEND ME ANYMORE EFFIN MOVIES!!!!

Fuck you Matt, you nearly gave bears a heart attack.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post

Fuck you Matt, you nearly gave bears a heart attack.
    Yeah, I wasn't too fond of Matt's little jape, either. Still, it does remind me to keep an eye out for Another Year, at least.

Oh, and bears: I still hope you're able to find a decent enough copy of An Adventure in Space and Time online with decent enough subtitles. While made for television, it's still a magical production.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

ROPE A DOPE, all in good fun of course James.. Been busy but will be watching Withnail and I tomorrow for sure. It's on my schedule, writted down, notarised and everything. Tried to watch it a bit back but couldn't find a copy. Between you, Bears, Ebert, and 1001 movies to see before you die...it's high praise.

Demon of the Prim Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh you know I've got some recommendations

Battle Royale (One of my favorite movies ever. Though try to watched it subtitled if you can)
    Guyver Dark Hero. (Yes the movie is corny. Yes it is cheesy as all hell and the acting is hit or miss. But it's still fucking awesome. The action is superb.)
    Death Note live action movies (another Japanese movie. Unlike the other one, all of these movies English dub is actually very well done. There are 3 of these movies.)
    If you love me then love me..

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    How's it coming with BB/TDK jean?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    looking for a source now. It's difficult to find it with original soundtrack and reasonable file size
    cough

Country
    Country Flag

still the same

found with the original sound, but it's more than 30 GB. Even if I clear enough disk space, I can't play it

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

kickass.to and find the YIFY versions. BluRay rips are usually between 700mb and a Gig. Crystal clear.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

This is a very general recommendation. I am not sure if bears would like this film since bears expressed not being fond of monster movies, but everyone else that likes monster movies should check this one out. DO NOT TRUST PUBLIC OPINION, as, according to the comment section on the youtube page of Beneath's trailer, it's the worst, dumbest, stupidest movie ever made. It has some similar themes of Cabin In The Worlds, it's just more subtle than the plot driven themes in that. I think I recommended it in this thread before, I don't think anyone has watched it yet. So, I'm doing it again. I recently re-watched it and it still holds up after a half dozen viewings. It's very smart. Beautifully photographed. Great use of long shots (gimme, gimme, gimmy long shots, I love them and the real great ones I could talk endlessly about). Good use of character (not to be confused with good characters, they're not bad, it's just the movie's central theme is the tearing down of social identities). It's funny. It's disturbing. It's nice too look at. It's got a giant maneating catfish that looks awesomely hilarious and kind of scary at the same time. It's got Mark Margolis (this guy, seemingly nowadays known as 'that guy that was in Breaking Bad)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Having recently watched Coherence, I can very much recommend Triangle and Timecrimes for those that enjoyed that. Not exactly the same but similar. Very good stuff! Wish there were more movies like that. Like this one, maybe?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast