Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Which actor/actress will advance to the next round?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • James Dean

3 13.04%
  • Johnny Depp

7 30.43%
  • Marlon Brando

4 17.39%
  • Natalie Portman

1 4.35%
  • Gary Oldman

8 34.78%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: TGAAOAT - Round 2, Group 7

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Default TGAAOAT - Round 2, Group 7

James Dean's IMDB Page

Notable films : Rebel Without A Cause, East of Eden, Giant, Harvest

Johnny Depp's IMDB Page

Notable films : Edward Scissorhands, Pirates of the Caribbean (I-IV), Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, What's Eating Gilbert Grape, Sleepy Hollow

Marlon Brando's IMDB Page

Notable films : The Godfather, Apocalypse Now, On The Waterfront, A Streetcar Named Desire, Viva Zapata

Natalie Portman's IMDB Page

Notable films : Black Swan, Leon the Professional, V for Vendetta, The Other Boleyn Girl

Gary Oldman's IMDB Page

Notable films : Leon : The Professional, Dracula, Sid and Nancy, Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead, JFK

Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

My favorite actor ever, against my favorite living actor, against one of my favorite female actresses

But of course I had to go with my boy Dean

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Oldman... I love him
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Oldman. For Sid and Nancy alone.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Depp

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Gary Oldman

sk

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Gary Oldman is probably my favorite actor.

He's the definition of a chameleon actor, and he's portrayed some of my favorite on screen villains.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Why I wanna see The Book of Eli: I've heard that Oldman plays a villain in it. That's all the reason I need to see it, really.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

His villain in TBoE is a bit campier in comparison to his other roles; think Zorg from fifth Element but slightly more unhinged

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Marlon Brando

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Brando

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Alfred View Post
    Depp
    you surprise me, I didn't think he would get your vote?

Quote Originally Posted by Zagreus View Post
    Why I wanna see The Book of Eli: I've heard that Oldman plays a villain in it. That's all the reason I need to see it, really.
    I am surprised you have not seen it yet? Its an ok film brought above the average by the actors in it

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Goblin King View Post
    Depp
    you surprise me, I didn't think he would get your vote?
    why not? I adore him in both Edward Scissorhands and The Ninth Gate, while I don't think I've ever seen an equally enjoyable and satistying performance from the others in this bracket.
    ETA: As far as Brando and Dean are concerned, I am very mistrustful of myth-creating actors, while I admit that this may very well be a prejudice.

No love for Dean

Country
    Country Flag

sorry sweetheart, I do love him, only not as much as Depp... I tried to explain in the ETA part of the previous post.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

ETA: As far as Brando and Dean are concerned, I am very mistrustful of myth-creating actors, while I admit that this may very well be a prejudice.
    I may share the prejudice, but doesn't that apply only to myth-creating actors whose work one has not yet had the opportunity to judge for oneself?

sorry sweetheart, I do love him, only not as much as Depp... I tried to explain in the ETA part of the previous post.
    Well I guess I can forgive you since it's for Depp, who just happens to be my other favorite actor

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    I may share the prejudice, but doesn't that apply only to myth-creating actors whose work one has not yet had the opportunity to judge for oneself?
    well, right, probably "prejudice" is not the correct word. I fail to find the correct one unless it is "a thing".

James Dean seems to be lacking a few votes

I want to know who the other kind soul is that voted for him...

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The current result pleases me

Country
    Country Flag

wish I could say the same

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Black Swan View Post
    No love for Dean
    I picked James Dean! He rules!

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

I can' believe people picked Gary Oldman over James Dean and Marlon Brando! EPIC FAIL!

Quote Originally Posted by pixiedark76 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Swan View Post
    No love for Dean
    I picked James Dean! He rules!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

*Bump

This poll is closing tomorrow !

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast