Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Which King book should I read next?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Stand

15 57.69%
  • 'Salem's Lot

8 30.77%
  • It

3 11.54%
  • Under the Dome

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Well, What Next?

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I liked Rage. I'm bummed SK stopped publishing it.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

i've always liked Rage as well. re-read a couple of years ago and i think it still holds up.

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I keep think this is going to be a talk about what SK's going to write for the DT next...

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LadyHitchhiker View Post
    I keep think this is going to be a talk about what SK's going to write for the DT next...
    Nope.
    That's why it is in a non-DT area.

Citizen of Gilead Ka-tet is on a distinguished road Ka-tet's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Help me choose

Right, so i orderd me some new king books from amazon yesterday
    Dreamcatcher
    Insomnia
    The Talisman
    Black House

I want you guys to decide which one i should read first..thankee!
    If you love me, then love me-Susan of mejis
    See the turtle, aint he keen? All things serve the fucking beam-Eddie of NewYork
    You burn prettily-Corwin of Amber

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

the poll at the top will be removed when Ka-tet has made a choice

please vote now!

I have voted The Talisman because I want you to read Black House, and they must be read in that order.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

I am once again in complete agreement with
    "The Librarian" I voted the Talisman, (one of
    my favorite SK stories) followed by The Black House.
    Insomnia is also quite good. I have but am not crazy
    about Dreamcatcher, altho' the book is far better
    than the film ( as usually always the case in my
    way of thinking) What ever you choose, I hope
    you love them all.

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by alinda View Post
    I am once again in complete agreement with
    "The Librarian"

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

I must say I really like where this poll is going....
    Tallisman ...Tallisman.....Talisman....Talisman !!

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Country
    Country Flag

Talisman probobly would have been my first choice ^_^

But the books arnt hear yet so lets wait and see where the poll goes!
    See the turtle, aint he keen? All things serve the fucking beam-Eddie of NewYork

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Finsihed The Running Man. Nice read. King is oddly prescient on a couple of counts.
    Early on he describes a hulk of a stripped vehicle. The make was a Humber (Hummer). and of course the end of the book when Richards
    Spoiler:
    flies a jet into the Network building-reminiscent of 9/11

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I voted for The Talisman as well. Great read!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ka-tet View Post
    Right, so i orderd me some new king books from amazon yesterday
    Dreamcatcher
    Insomnia
    The Talisman
    Black House

I want you guys to decide which one i should read first..thankee!
    Insomnia definitely. One of my favorite non-Dark Tower books.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Country
    Country Flag

mine too, mine too! but Black House comes first

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    but Black House comes first

When you say this, do you mean it comes first storyline wise, or it comes first for you over Insomnia?
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Country
    Country Flag

for me over Insomnia

Ah. I love Insomnia a little more than Black House.

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Talisman, followed up by Blackhouse. Then...if you must...read Insomnia. Dreamcatcher last.

Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post
    Talisman, followed up by Blackhouse. Then...if you must...read Insomnia. Dreamcatcher last.

Just so you know? Monte here is worthless to listen to, so don't. Make Insomnia your priority and Talisman and Black House. Dreamcatcher is a fantastic book, but is not Dark Tower connected so is definitely low on the totem pole of reading priority.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the voting guys, keep it up the books still arnt here!

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I went Insomnia first, mainly because it contains a lot of interesting views, and it is a little farther from King's regular works. Plus, its one of my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Storyslinger View Post
    I went Insomnia first, mainly because it contains a lot of interesting views, and it is a little farther from King's regular works. Plus, its one of my favorite.

I knew I liked you for some reason.

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post

Just so you know? Monte here is awesome to listen to and he's super-smart. That said, please make Insomnia your priority and Talisman and Black House. Dreamcatcher is a fantastic book, but is not Dark Tower connected so is definitely low on the totem pole of reading priority.
    Fixed that for you.

Anyway, Dreamcatcher should be last on the list because it is not Tower related but I agree, it is a pretty good book. Reading about Jack Sawyer in Talisman/Blackhouse is going to be more exciting for you though....unless you really enjoy slow, slow starts to books. If so, read Insomnia first.

Look at it this way, Insomnia is like wonderful, hot, passionate fucking. You build slow, and pick up the pace, enjoying every bit of the woman's body, touching, feeling...faster...faster....hotter....hotter...th ose tits are bouncing, shes screaming with pleasure in each thrust...the headboard broke fifteen minutes ago...Finally! A body rocking orgasm that both of you share, where there is nothing else in the universe. Thats what Insomnia is like.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    Look at it this way, Insomnia is like wonderful, hot, passionate fucking. You build slow, and pick up the pace, enjoying every bit of the woman's body, touching, feeling...faster...faster....hotter....hotter...th ose tits are bouncing, shes screaming with pleasure in each thrust...the headboard broke fifteen minutes ago...Finally! A body rocking orgasm that both of you share, where there is nothing else in the universe. Thats what Insomnia is like.
    SOUNDS LIKE ONE AWSOME BOOK, well they should be here tomorrow so keep voting guys!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast