Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Which King book should I read next?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Stand

15 57.69%
  • 'Salem's Lot

8 30.77%
  • It

3 11.54%
  • Under the Dome

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread: Well, What Next?

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

well some of his books are anyways if you want to stick to horror, have you also read "John Saul" ?
    Last edited by Roland of Gilead 33; 02-10-2011 at 09:08 PM. Reason: added another author

Gunslinger Apprentice Kidd Ikarus is on a distinguished road Kidd Ikarus's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No to any of your recent mentions, haha. The only patterson book I've read was Daniel X. I've wanted to try and tackle Watership Down for awhile now, just haven't gotten the motivation to do so. Its been mentioned in many of the King books I've read and referenced a number of times in Lost . . . So I figure it has to be good . . . Also I just noticed for the first time that the movie adaptation of it is playing on the tv in the Oracles apartment in the first Matrix
    Are sins ever forgiven?

For those who loved this world... and knew friendly company therein. This Reunion is for you.

http://www.zazzle.com/Kidd_Ikarus*

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

who wrote that? 'watership down' i mean? i don't think iv'e ever heard of that one before. "Daniel X' is actually one i haven't read & that's i believe a series well one of his that he's done anyways,

his "Alex Cross" series is great & so is his "Murder Women Murder Club" or whatever the hell it's called is good as well.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roland of Gilead 33 View Post
    who wrote that? 'watership down' i mean?
    Richard Adams

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice Kidd Ikarus is on a distinguished road Kidd Ikarus's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Is it real good, Jean?
    Are sins ever forgiven?

For those who loved this world... and knew friendly company therein. This Reunion is for you.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

thanxs, i've as i've said never heard of it before. what's it about anyways?

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kidd Ikarus View Post
    Is it real good, Jean?
    Everyone I trust praises it very high. I have it on my To Read list, and on my bookshelf right now.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Jean. I'm gonna have to man up and just read it and stop talking about wanting to read it. Haha. Roland33 - I don't know a lot about it. I read the brief summary on wikipedia, not wanting to go too far into it and spoil the book . . . Eddie in TDotT says "its about rabbits." Lol.
    Are sins ever forgiven?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kidd Ikarus View Post
    Thanks Jean. I'm gonna have to man up and just read it and stop talking about wanting to read it.
    lead the way, Kidd. I'm following you.

Country
    Country Flag

Are sins ever forgiven?

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

LOL!!!!!!! Nobody's voted for Under The Dome!

Country
    Country Flag

I love Under the Dome, but it doesn't seem first choice after TDT, with The Stand and 'Salem's Lot out there.

Traveler Vandermint is on a distinguished road

Default Just finished. Now what?

A quick timeline:

2 nights ago: Finished the main story, the Epilogue, and the first two chapters of the Coda. Put the book down to decide what to do, somewhat amazed and flummoxed by this guy practically daring me not to finish his book!

Last night: Finished the Coda.

Today: Stumbled across a thread here while doing a google search on the DT and the Coda and have been chewing up some of the other threads.

Anyway, I absolutely loved the series and of course can't get it out of my head even as I'm still trying to get a handle on the whole thing. I just know I want to read more.

Where should I go from here? I've seen references here to Stephen King interviews--are there specific ones I should seek out? The comics? Any especially good web articles or threads? The reference materials? Insomnia? (Other than DT, I've not read anything by King.)

I assume most if not all of you can understand the feeling of wanting to continue to chase the DT even after just finishing all 4000 pages or so of it--thought I'd seek your wisdom on how to proceed. (And I cry pardon if this topic has been discussed elsewhere.)

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome! Glad to have you with us. You will find lots to do & cool things to know all over this site, and we love getting to know more fans!

I think that, for next, you might like to read The Stand. A real King classic, top-rated by many aficionados, with some of the same feeling as DT, and enough length to keep you absorbed for a while.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

i concur read the uncut version of "The Stand" which i believe is the standard version that stores carry now. or if you want to start at the beginning of his carreer. there's always "Carrie" which has no connection to the "DT" series. that's one book i think is terrible but that's just me prolly. anyways welcome to the site here.

Country
    Country Flag

welcome Vandermint!

this thread will shortly be merged with that one

Demon of the Prim blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne's Avatar

My Mood
    Sad
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Vandermint View Post
    A quick timeline:

2 nights ago: Finished the main story, the Epilogue, and the first two chapters of the Coda. Put the book down to decide what to do, somewhat amazed and flummoxed by this guy practically daring me not to finish his book!

Last night: Finished the Coda.

Today: Stumbled across a thread here while doing a google search on the DT and the Coda and have been chewing up some of the other threads.

Anyway, I absolutely loved the series and of course can't get it out of my head even as I'm still trying to get a handle on the whole thing. I just know I want to read more.

Where should I go from here? I've seen references here to Stephen King interviews--are there specific ones I should seek out? The comics? Any especially good web articles or threads? The reference materials? Insomnia? (Other than DT, I've not read anything by King.)

I assume most if not all of you can understand the feeling of wanting to continue to chase the DT even after just finishing all 4000 pages or so of it--thought I'd seek your wisdom on how to proceed. (And I cry pardon if this topic has been discussed elsewhere.)
    Listen to DT on audio book. It really is a different experience. Then when you can't stand it anymore re-read the books. As you see, I am still chasing the tower too.

"Head Clear. Mouth shut. See Much. Say little." Roland Deschain

"Go your way, I'll take the long way 'round. Ill find my own way down, as I should." Ben Howard

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Talisman and Black House are two books that have much in common with The Dark Tower universe. Eyes of the Dragon also .....
    Spoiler:
    another incarnation of the same bad guy from Roland's world in Eyes...

Country
    Country Flag

The comics will give you plenty more to do within the DT universe but I suggest Insomnia. I loved that book.
    Are sins ever forgiven?

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

I agree , read the many other stories listed here that are directly or indirectly relative to the dark tower.

So many SK books are .... can see references in more of his books than read and not find relavence to the tower.
    Either way, welcome to the site, and our family of friends...just being here most days can give this tower junkie a high!

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by alinda View Post
    Either way, welcome to the site, and our family of friends...just being here most days can give this tower junkie a high!
    Hear her well. Most if not all of us can indeed understand the feeling of wanting to continue the quest. So, as someone wondering "now what?" you've sure come to the right place.

Traveler buffalo_back is on a distinguished road buffalo_back's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Starting the comics soon to fill my ka gauge a bit. Should i start with Gunslinger Born and read them chronologically?

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by buffalo_back View Post
    Starting the comics soon to fill my ka gauge a bit. Should i start with Gunslinger Born and read them chronologically?
    That's probably the best route to take. I guess you could read the later comics without spoiling anything, but you'd be best starting at the beginning.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11