Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Which King book should I read next?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Stand

15 57.69%
  • 'Salem's Lot

8 30.77%
  • It

3 11.54%
  • Under the Dome

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Well, What Next?

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Ricky, I'm telling everyone to lose your number.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Lol! Go for it!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Traveler rdb25 is on a distinguished road

Default Which SK book should I read after the DT?

Hello - I'm pretty sure this is the right forum for this - if not, I apologize in advance. I'm pretty new here.

I'm a DT junkie that will be in need of a fix fairly soon. It seems SK created his own form of devilgrass in the DT (maddeningly enjoyable and addictive, lol). I've read the series a number of times and I've decided to take on the project of reading (and re-reading in some cases) everything that has any kind of connection to the DT (both SK and his inspirations). I would like to read them in order of most Dark Towerish to least Dark Towerish if that makes any kind of sense to you .

For this little project of mine, I've already read SK's main inspirations (Browning and Eliot) and, of course, the DT series itself. My question is, what SK book should I read after the series and comics? Which is the most Dark Towerish in your opinion?

Any advice you could give would be much appreciated

Robin

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

thank you for posting, rdb25! This thread is soon going to be merged with Well, What's Next

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the site. Sorry for the merging but we have a great thread with the same topic. It will help you, too.

Roland would have understood.

Traveler Xicon is on a distinguished road

Default I've Reached the Tower...

So now what?

My Dad gave me four King books. It, 'Salem's Lot, The Stand, and recently, Under the Dome. I'm not sure which to read next. I'm leaning toward The Stand because of the LOST inspiration and obvious connections to the Dark Tower, but 'Salem's Lot is a very likely candidate.

So I leave it to you, who are clearly more well-versed in Sai King's works.

Which should I read?

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

I would read the Stand. it's not as slow to start as It and salem's lot. enjoy! i wish i could read all of them the first time again. (except i havent read Dome)

Goldmember Míchéal is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I'd go with 'Salem's Lot Xicon.

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I'd go with the stand because it's maybe my favorite book EVER. Besides, haven't read Under the Dome yet and if it has any tower connections, you're going to want to have read The Stand. Well actually then you'll have wanted to read Salem's lot and the whole dark tower series too and It....

Hmmmmmmmmmm....

I think we have a chart somewhere in which order you should read the books for max clarification!

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

It...definitely It

or possibly The Stand,

or maybe Salem's Lot.

orrrr Under the Dome.

Yeah It....definitely IT.
    Sloth Love Chunk

妖怪 ola is on a distinguished road ola's Avatar

None...you'll never stop, and then friends/family will start to roll their eyes at you when you pull yet another Stephen King book out of your bag

Silverloch John_and_Yoko will become famous soon enough John_and_Yoko's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

I personally would (and did) read IT right after I finished TDT.

That's me, but given the connections in the last volume, it made sense to me (and IT turned out to be my second favorite King book after TDT).

Public enemy number 1 Sickrose is on a distinguished road Sickrose's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ola View Post
    None...you'll never stop, and then friends/family will start to roll their eyes at you when you pull yet another Stephen King book out of your bag
    This made me laugh. it is so true

Gunslinger Apprentice BeDaN is on a distinguished road BeDaN's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Go to the library and get "Insomnia" gives you another view on the battle between red and white

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

It....definitely It

The turtle cannot help you
    Sloth Love Chunk

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by BeDaN View Post
    Go to the library and get "Insomnia" gives you another view on the battle between red and white
    I would disagree--Insomnia you should read BEFORE you finish TDT....

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

As far as dark tower connections go, Salem's Lot or The Stand has the closest ties.
    Sloth Love Chunk

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by BROWNINGS CHILDE View Post
    As far as dark tower connections go, Salem's Lot or The Stand has the closest ties.
    True--but again, it would seem to make sense to read those before/during reading TDT.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This thread is going to be merged very soon.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Traveler Xicon is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by John_and_Yoko View Post
    True--but again, it would seem to make sense to read those before/during reading TDT.
    Too late.

Well it looks like The Stand is the one I'll read next, then Salem's Lot... I haven't really heard much about It, so I don't really see the connections from Dark Tower.

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by Xicon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by John_and_Yoko View Post
    Too late.

Well it looks like The Stand is the one I'll read next, then Salem's Lot... I haven't really heard much about It, so I don't really see the connections from Dark Tower.
    If you've been paying attention to the last volume, you will when you read IT.

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

When you read It, you will notice the connections. They primarily have to do with one of the more prominent guardians of The Beams.
    Sloth Love Chunk

The Thermals cody44 is on a distinguished road cody44's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, it actually had a few references (small ones I may add) littered about it. I do have to say though, that IT raised more questions about the Guardian than it answered. Still, The Stand is a great choice by any means, and Salem's Lot is a classic.

Should be all smooth reading ahead for you.

I regret leaving my soul
    I forgot I needed it, to feel
    maybe when I die
    I'll just grab it real quick

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

"It" actually has ties to several SK books outside of DT. Two that come immediately to mind are The Shining and Dreamcatcher, but there are others. Many insignificant details that any constant reader would recognize. Orinco trucks and whatnot.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Gunslinger Apprentice Jack Torrance is on a distinguished road Jack Torrance's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Which book next?

I hope i put this in the right section.

I was wondering, I am finishing up The dark tower, I want opinions of what to read next.

What would you folks suggest to me? Even if I have read them I would like to hear the suggestions.
    "You've had your whole F***ing life to think things over, what good's a few minutes minutes more gonna do you now?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast