Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: "Reputation" feature

Citizen of Gilead AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by skyofcrack View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AstroDad View Post
    I feel silly, but for the life of me I can't figure out where to see rep comments. I saw where RF posted a screen print earlier in the thread saying to click on something under the notifications heading, but all I have there is 'inbox' and don't see anything about reputation?
    Right here on this page underneath where it say gender it says feedback score. Click on the number. Under your avatar.
    Thanks, but I believe that is the iTrader feedback. Reputation is different.

Just left you a positive reputation mark...you should get a notification about it, but when I click the notification nothing happened and then it wasn't there anymore.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by skyofcrack View Post
    I feel silly, but for the life of me I can't figure out where to see rep comments. I saw where RF posted a screen print earlier in the thread saying to click on something under the notifications heading, but all I have there is 'inbox' and don't see anything about reputation?
    Right here on this page underneath where it say gender it says feedback score. Click on the number. Under your avatar.
    Thanks, but I believe that is the iTrader feedback. Reputation is different.

Just left you a positive reputation mark...you should get a notification about it, but when I click the notification nothing happened and then it wasn't there anymore.
    I think if you click on Settings, you should be able to see your Reputation messages.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep. Just click "Settings" like he said and 'Rep" comments appear last after "Subscribed Threads" and "Infractions". It displays the most recent 5 remarks. You can give "Rep" by clicking the 6 pointed star that appears at the bottom of every members posts on the left right next to the "report post" triangle.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

At the top right of the page is "Settings" not Notifications. Click Settings and in the main frame you will see a list of your subscribed threads, subscribed forums and below that your five most recent "Reputation" comments.

I don't think there is a way to view older Reputation comments.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I think neg rep is for the birds!

Interesting, though because i have never left anyone rep before (that I can remember anyways), I clicked on the star at the bottom of neo trinity's post in the other thread and was given the opportunity to select "I agree" or "I disagree." I mean i think that is kind of corny, that you are not allowed to agree or disagree with a specific post without being accused of pillorying someones "reputation" What it actually SAYS when you press the star and what the feature is actually being used for are two different things. Of course if someone selects "I disagree" it is viewed as an attack and most often might be, by a cowardly poster who doesn't have the balls to call someone out in person and in public. I don't see how continuing to allow posters to select "I disagree" to drop anonymous negativity bombs on a poster is conducive to thoughtful discourse and the common good of the boards.

I have felt pretty good the few times I have gotten positive rep, even though I think that is weird too... Someone gives you a compliment but you dont know who it is unless they self identify (wild Bill has often done that in my posts where he left me + rep)

But the ability of an individual poster to act like a weasel under the cover of anonymity kind of sucks.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Negative rep is a passive aggressive way to go out of your way to be mean. I made a "Joke" after two people where given neg rep when all they were doing was stating their opinion.

Please let me KNOW who you are, if you don't find my comments interesting or funny just ignore them please. And when I have an extra magazine, bookmark or something else, please don't ask me for one. I don't appreciate mean people. I find most everyone on this site, quite enjoyable.

Sorry if you don't like my comments -- I received two negative reps, neither I felt were deserved or warranted.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    . I received two negative reps, neither I felt were deserved or warranted.
    Yes...I have too... anonymously ... Consider them cowards!!!

I have given ONE neg. rep and signed my name.

If one hasn't the guts to sign it... it is just aggressive whining!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    Of course if someone selects "I disagree" it is viewed as an attack and most often might be, by a cowardly poster who doesn't have the balls to call someone out in person and in public. I don't see how continuing to allow posters to select "I disagree" to drop anonymous negativity bombs on a poster is conducive to thoughtful discourse and the common good of the boards.

But the ability of an individual poster to act like a weasel under the cover of anonymity kind of sucks.
    I believe the options are: "I approve" or "I disapprove". Very slight difference.

You may agree to many things what others say; but you'll approve a thing what you think is right and within you authority (act) to do.

I have to admit, I was fairly unaware of the Reputation feature until this week, even though I know I've seen notices about receiving new reputation feedback or whatever.

My new goal is to use the "I approve" option whenever I see something helpful, fun, unique, or interesting posted. I will never use the "I disapprove." That seems too passive aggressive and I think most folks who know me realize that I'll just reply to a post that I feel is incorrect or lacking factual context or just plain mean.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Of course if someone selects "I disagree" it is viewed as an attack and most often might be, by a cowardly poster who doesn't have the balls to call someone out in person and in public. I don't see how continuing to allow posters to select "I disagree" to drop anonymous negativity bombs on a poster is conducive to thoughtful discourse and the common good of the boards.

I believe the options are: "I approve" or "I disapprove". Very slight difference.

You may agree to many things what others say; but you'll approve a thing what you think is right and within you authority (act) to do.
    yeah i wrote the wrong words when composing my soliloquy, LOL
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post

Another NEG REP. is somebody messing with me? or they really dont like me. just tell me who you are so i dont ever have to deal with you. Please.

Found this in my inbox.

Thread: "Reputation"...

neg rep points for your joke post was STUPID and MEAN...

Cook and BR!an both were discussing neg rep for stating their opinions. i said -- as a joke--- that i got neg rep just reading their posts. and now someone is piling on!

i saw way meaner, rude and ignorant posts than mine all over the boards!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Another NEG REP. is somebody messing with me? or they really dont like me. just tell me who you are so i dont ever have to deal with you. Please.

Found this in my inbox.

Cook and BR!an both were discussing neg rep for stating their opinions. i said -- as a joke--- that i got neg rep just reading their posts. and now someone is piling on!

You actually received a positive rep and 19 positive points. 11:35 am this morning. Not sure why the person left the comment "neg rep points for your joke post was STUPID and MEAN..."

My Mood
    Asleep

Found this in my inbox.

You actually received a positive rep and 19 positive points. 11:35 am this morning. Not sure why the person left the comment "neg rep points for your joke post was STUPID and MEAN..."

Thanks Jon, Dan and Br!an for the positive reps!

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

how can u tell how many rep points you have?
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think the person was saying that; the negative reputation point you previously received for your joke post was stupid and mean. Especially if they actually gave you positive rep.

Country
    Country Flag

how can u tell how many rep points you have?
    Click 'Settings' at the top of the page. The bottom frame is titled "Latest Reputation Received" It then states your total rep points in the same line. Within the frame are your last five rep posts.

The points don't actually mean much. You don't gain or lose any privileges. It's more of the annoyance of being passively aggressively attacked.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    I think the person was saying that; the negative reputation point you previously received for your joke post was stupid and mean. Especially if they actually gave you positive rep.
    Exactly. There have been a couple of instances where someone left positive feedback with a clear derogatory message.

There have probably been 5,000 clicks giving an "approve" and AFAIK less than 10 "disapprove" where an upset recipient member contacted me.

The main thing I like about the feature is it's a quick way to say "+1" without having twenty posts saying the same thing.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Exactly. There have been a couple of instances where someone left positive feedback with a clear derogatory message.

There have probably been 5,000 clicks giving an "approve" and AFAIK less than 10 "disapprove" where an upset recipient member contacted me.

The main thing I like about the feature is it's a quick way to say "+1" without having twenty posts saying the same thing.
    +1

My Mood
    Asleep

Now I feel much better! ThAnks! Ps. Let me know if cd fixed your gaimon book or if you need an extrA!

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

What's the purpose of negative reputation points?
    What do they "do" or "not do" for a member, can anybody clarify this?

My apologies if I missed a previous post.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    What's the purpose of negative reputation points?
    What do they "do" or "not do" for a member, can anybody clarify this?

My apologies if I missed a previous post.
    Below each User name is a Title and then a series of green boxes. Positive reputation will over time increase the number of boxes. At a glance one can see how much positive reputation a member has garnered. If you hover your pointer over the bars there is a comment on the level the person has achieved.
    Negative reputation can reduce the number of green boxes, but it takes quite a bit of negative rep to be given to significantly lower a members reputation.

Country
    Country Flag

It doesn't really mean anything.

I don't think anyone would have a problem with it if it wasn't anonymous.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It doesn't really mean anything.

I don't think anyone would have a problem with it if it wasn't anonymous.
    Without some add on 3rd party software I can't make the reputation reveal the sender.
    I can turn the feature off, but then no positive reputation can be given.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I admit to utilizing the "Rep" option often. Almost exclusively to give "Pos Rep" and I generally disclose my self in the comment. Sometimes you want to say something, but not want to PM or post publicly and enter the conversation, but just make a "personal message" to the poster. At least, that is what I do often. I think I have given "Neg Rep" on a post once or twice, and regretted it immediately.

FWIW, RF, is the one that generally gives me * "Neg Rep" most times just b/c he knows it used to aggravate the living shit out of me!!! LOL LOL LOL He can be a cruel, yet fair fearless leader!!! LOL LOL

Spoiler:
    Okay, yes it still does!!! LOL LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Traveler Machine's Way will become famous soon enough Machine's Way will become famous soon enough Machine's Way's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I assume this is one of the features that I can not use until I get five post, as I do not see the star at all. It sounds like a good idea tho. I like all the options this site offers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast