Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Under the Dome series on CBS

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://collider.com/brian-k-vaughn-u...e-dome/125302/
    Award-winning comic book/television writer Brian K. Vaughan (Lost) has signed on to adapt iconic author Stephen King’s Under the Dome as a series for Showtime. King’s 2009 novel is a supernatural thriller that pits local folks against each other when they find their vacation town in Maine (obviously) cut off from the rest of the world by a mysterious force field. The story rights were secured by DreamWorks’ Television’s Steven Spielberg and Stacey Snider shortly after publication.

Known for his work on some of the more memorable episodes of Lost (“Meet Kevin Johnson”), Vaughan is also the writer behind comic book series “Y: The Last Man,” “Ex Machina,” and “Runaways.” Hit the jump for more on Under the Dome.

Deadline reported on Vaughan’s selection by Showtime to adapt Under the Dome after an exhaustive search. The writer might also have plans to serialize his successful comic series, Y: The Last Man, though the project seems to have stalled. He’ll have plenty of material to keep him busy in the meantime, as King’s Under the Dome comes it at over 1,000 pages. (I have yet to read it as it is currently acting as a very reliable doorstop.).

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    http://collider.com/brian-k-vaughn-u...e-dome/125302/
    Award-winning comic book/television writer Brian K. Vaughan (Lost) (“Meet Kevin Johnson”), Vaughan is also the writer behind comic book series “Y: The Last Man,” “Ex Machina,” and “Runaways.”
    This is great news.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

In the words of Damon Lindelof: Brian K. Vaughan adapting Stephen King's UNDER THE DOME is pretty much the chocolate meets peanut butter of writing.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm thrilled about this!
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Gunslinger Apprentice noal will become famous soon enough noal will become famous soon enough noal's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice, I really enjoyed UTD.

Gunslinger Apprentice wahlers will become famous soon enough

I really hope they fix the ending. I thought it was easily one of his worst endings ever and also don't think it would work onscreen at all.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.meltcomics.com/blog/2012/...-vaughan-saga/
    When Brian K. Vaughan was a child, he thought that comic books could be cut up, rearranged and turned into new stories. “From the first comic book I read, I wanted to get into it and start ripping it apart,” he recalls inside Meltdown right before the release party for his latest series, Saga.

It’s no wonder that Vaughan eventually started writing comic books. The Eisner-winning author has a host of credits under his belt, including Runaways, Ex Machina, Pride of Baghdad and Y: The Last Man. He’s written for scores of other series too, like X-Men, Spider-Man, Batman and Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season Eight. On top of that, Vaughan is a TV writer who worked on Lost. Currently he’s writing the pilot for Under the Dome, a Stephen King novel that Dreamworks is adapting into a Showtime series. “[King] likes what I’ve done so far, so I can die a happy man,” he says.

Vaughan appears relatively unassuming inside Meltdown. He shaves his head and was wearing a black button-down shirt when we met, not too different from others inside the store. He’s also humble. He refers to himself as “Forrest Gump-ing” his way across the entertainment landscape, from film school to comic books to television.

Vaughan, who grew up in Cleveland, was a film student at NYU when he took part in Marvel’s Stan-Hattan Project. Through that, he got his first gig, writing dialog for X-Men offshoot Cable. He was a college junior at the time. He credits getting the job to “proximity”– his NYU dorm was near Marvel’s office. In the days before everyone was online, that made a difference for rush work.

Comic books was a welcome respite for the film student. “Every student movie was sort of a failed science experiment,” he says, “whereas with comics, I could do whatever I wanted.”

Vaughan learned a lot from working on superhero comics, but says he had difficulty writing for characters that were so deeply embedded in pop culture. As a kid, he was a fan of icons like Spider-Man and Batman, but his perspective on comics had changed after he read Watchmen. “I don’t want to follow characters around, I want to follow this writer,” he says of his reaction to Alan Moore’s now classic story. After that Vaughan gravitated towards titles like Peter Bagge’s Hate and Daniel Clowes’ Eightball. Later, as an adult working in the comic book industry, he was ready to do something on his own as well.

That chance came after a slight mishap. Vaughan was trying to break into the Vertigo world for a while with no luck.

“It was almost like having a couple Marvel projects under your belt hurt you more than it helped you,” he says. “I didn’t have any cred because I was just another lousy superhero writer.”

Eventually, he found a way inside the imprint. “I got a job writing Swamp Thing for Vertigo and did just a terrible job on that and got that book canceled,” he says. It’s a strange start for sure, but the relationship didn’t end there. Editor extraordinaire Karen Berger asked him to start pitching ideas and Y: The Last Man came into being. It won awards and was optioned for a film. And if you saw Tuesday night’s broadcast of Damon Lindelof’s conversation with Vaughan at Meltdown, then you know that Y was an influence on the Lost co-creator as well.

Vaughan impressed others in the industry too. Thanks to some encouragement from Joss Whedon, he ended up in Los Angeles, where his agent who found out that Lost was in need of a writer. Soon, he had a new job.

“I thought that writing for one visual medium would prepare me for the other, but they’re very different,” he says.

“Writing for television is sort of like a low stakes version of being a presidential speech writer,” he adds. “It’s not your job to come up with policy. It’s your job to sort of help the voice of the administration.”

Vaughan learned the T.V. game on the job. He says that people were nice, but there was still the sense that he was the new kid, not just to the show but to the industry. There was a lot of guidance from showrunners Lindelof and Carlton Cuse, though, and his work with Lost went well. “My contributions tended to be small, but I hope, helpful,” he says.Despite his T.V. success, Vaughan never strayed far from comics. He was actually writing five books when he started working on Lost and continued with Ex Machina until its conclusion in 2010. He began fleshing out Saga with artist Fiona Staples not long after that with the hope that it will be his longest running series yet.

“This is in my blood,” he says of comic books. “This is what I like doing most.”

Citizen of Gilead harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Vaughan's comics have always been among my faves. Didn't know he was involved with UTD...welcome news!

Los̶ ver 4 Life -- @shakyandspiky on Instagram -- PMs welcome

John F. Kennedy RichardHawes is on a distinguished road RichardHawes's Avatar

My Mood
    Brooding

is this still a go? Ive kind of put it as a wishful thought like the talisman series ive been waiting on for so long...Hes obviously young and has the credentials...It has to be darker though and if Dexter is any indication Showtime has no issues showing that

Gunslinger Apprentice TLC is on a distinguished road TLC's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty
    Country
    Country Flag

Interesting!!!!!!!
    w: www.sharkfinfreecalgary.org
    e: finfreetam@gmail.com
    f: facebook.com/sharkfinfreecalgary
    t: twitter.com/sharkfinfreeYYC

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Default 'Under the Dome' gets CBS series order

Stephen King is coming back to broadcast TV. CBS is giving the author’s Under the Dome a 13-episode series order.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/11/29/under-the-dome-cbs/

Fans of the novel shouldn’t expect an exact retelling of the same story. Last we heard, writer Brian K. Vaughan’s (Lost) script for Dome was wisely using the novel’s setup as a launch pad for its own TV-format-friendly version of the story and might even lay the groundwork for a different outcome than the novel’s ending. Also, the CBS version is definitely a series, not a mini-series, with a finale episode that will leave the story open for more seasons.

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm sensing every down on his luck B-actor in Hollywood will get in on this one. The TV network mini-series road is rarely a kind one. Lots of bad acting, cheesy dialogue, and endless commercials. It can still be entertaining, but my expectations are very low.

Country
    Country Flag

Official press release:

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2...20121129cbs03/
    CBS WILL TAKE VIEWERS "UNDER THE DOME" IN SUMMER 2013

Network Orders 13-Episode Series Based on Stephen King's Best-Selling Novel

CBS Entertainment and CBS Television Studios Join Forces with Steven Spielberg's Amblin Television and Simon & Schuster For Summer 2013 Television Event

STUDIO CITY, Calif. - CBS has given a straight-to-series order for 13 episodes of UNDER THE DOME, a serialized drama from Steven Spielberg's Amblin Television based on Stephen King's best-selling novel of the same name. The series will be broadcast in summer 2013.

UNDER THE DOME is the story of a small New England town that is suddenly and inexplicably sealed off from the rest of the world by an enormous transparent dome. The town's inhabitants must deal with surviving the post-apocalyptic conditions while searching for answers to what this barrier is, where it came from and if and when it will go away.

CBS and Simon & Schuster will cross-promote the television series and book in advance of the show's summer launch with the April 2013 re-release of trade paperback and electronic editions from its Pocket Books imprint. UNDER THE DOME was initially published by Simon & Schuster's Scribner imprint in November 2009, earning widespread critical acclaim and #1 best-seller status.

"This is a great novel coming to the television screen with outstanding auspices and in-season production values to create a summer programming event," said Nina Tassler, President of CBS Entertainment. "We're excited to transport audiences UNDER THE DOME and into the extraordinary world that Stephen King has imagined."

In addition to the featured broadcast on CBS, UNDER THE DOME will have a unique programming model tailored for a summer launch with a multi-platform window available for each episode shortly after the network airing. The series will be distributed domestically by CBS Television Distribution and worldwide by CBS Studios International.

CBS Television Studios will produce the series in association Amblin Television. Neal Baer, Stephen King, Justin Falvey, Darryl Frank, Stacey Snider and Brian K. Vaughan, who wrote the television adaptation, will serve as executive producers. Acclaimed director Niels Arden Oplev will direct the first episode.

About CBS Corporation

CBS Corporation (NYSE: CBS.A and CBS) is a mass media company that creates and distributes industry-leading content across a variety of platforms to audiences around the world. The Company has businesses with origins that date back to the dawn of the broadcasting age as well as new ventures that operate on the leading edge of media. CBS owns the most-watched television network in the U.S. and one of the world's largest libraries of entertainment content, making its brand - "the Eye" - one of the most recognized in business. The Company's operations span virtually every field of media and entertainment, including cable, publishing, radio, local TV, film, outdoor advertising, and interactive and socially responsible media. CBS's businesses include CBS Television Network, The CW (a joint venture between CBS Corporation and Warner Bros. Entertainment), Showtime Networks, CBS Sports Network, Smithsonian Networks, Simon & Schuster, CBS Television Stations, CBS Radio, CBS Outdoor, CBS Television Studios, CBS Global Distribution Group, CBS Interactive, CBS Consumer Products, CBS Home Entertainment, CBS Films and CBS EcoMedia. For more information, go to www.cbscorporation.com.

About Amblin Television

With UNDER THE DOME, Amblin Television produces five series at five networks; this joins season #2 of "Smash" at NBC, season #3 of "Falling Skies" at TNT, season #1 of "The Americans" at FX, and season #3 of THE BORGIAS at Showtime. Amblin is run by Co-Presidents Justin Falvey and Darryl Frank, who have been with DreamWorks/Amblin for 17 years.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Speilberg & King Team Up for Under the Dome mini-series

I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Country
    Country Flag

See the corresponding thread in The Oracle for more information.

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

CBS = Reality tv. Hope the show doesn't get canceled before the ending.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Gunslinger Apprentice mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman's Avatar

My Mood
    Angry
    Country
    Country Flag

Didn't like the book, have low expectations for this.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Loved the book, have high expectations for this.

I'm not too worried about them changing the ending of the story for multiple season's, but I hope they don't stray too far from the overall theme of the book.

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.starnewsonline.com/articl...e-to-film-here

A CBS television series based on a best-selling Stephen King novel will film in Wilmington, according to local film industry sources.

"Under the Dome," a 13-episode series based on the author's 2009 book, is expected to open production offices at EUE/Screen Gems Studios next week, sources said.

The show will air this summer, according to a CBS news release.

"Under the Dome" will join NBC's "Revolution" as the second TV series to film in the Port City in 2013.

The dramas have something else in common: their characters struggle to survive in a post-apocalyptic environment.

"Under the Dome" is set in a small New England town suddenly and inexplicably sealed off from the rest of the world by an enormous transparent dome. The town's inhabitants must deal with dire living conditions while searching for answers about the barrier, according to the network.

"Revolution" follows a family trying to survive 15 years after all electronic equipment stops working. The NBC series, which began filming in the region in early July after filming its pilot in Georgia, took a midseason break Nov. 26. It will air new episodes again in March at 10 p.m. on Mondays.

"Under the Dome" will be produced by King and Steven Spielberg's Amblin Television. Niels Arden Oplev – director of the original Swedish version of "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo" – will direct the first episode.

No casting details have been announced.

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

"The dramas have something else in common: their characters stuggle to survive in a post-apocalyptic environment."

WHAT? UTD wasn't a a post-apocalyptic environment, am I missing something here?
    Christine

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChristineB View Post
    "The dramas have something else in common: their characters stuggle to survive in a post-apocalyptic environment."

WHAT? UTD wasn't a a post-apocalyptic environment, am I missing something here?
    Some writers rarely let facts get in the way of a good story.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

I think what happens could be described as a mini-apocalypse, and the environmental issues were very important to the town after the dome came down.

The launch date is June 24th

CBS has announced its summer schedule, including the premiere date of its eagerly anticipated adaptation of Stephen King’s bestselling novel Under the Dome and the return of resurrected crime procedural Unforgettable.

Dome follows a New England town that’s sealed off from the rest of the world by a mysterious invisible force field. CBS screened a video teased up Dome for TV critics at the network’s press tour session in Pasadena on Saturday with a reel that included interviews with King and showrunner Brian K. Vaughan. “It’s really exciting to take the book and possibly expand it,” King said. “That’s what TV is for … TV is an expansive medium.” King said he’s particularly pleased to have Steven Spielberg’s Amblin Entertainment producing the show. “I’ve always wanted to work with Steven,” King said. “Our view of American life is similar … we both see the extraordinary in ordinary things and people.”

The first trailer for Dome’s 13-episode debut season will air during CBS’ coverage of the Super Bowl next month. The network’s entertainment president Nina Tassler teased that the first season will conclude with a major piece of information being revealed about the mystery of the force field.

>>> Source

We Bought A Zoo co-star Colin Ford has become the first actor cast in Under The Dome, a 13-episode series from Steven Spielberg and Stephen King to air this summer.

>> Source

P.S. I was Scarecrow Joe, once upon a time...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast