Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Under the Dome series on CBS

Gunslinger Apprentice Bryant Burnette will become famous soon enough Bryant Burnette's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It seems incredibly unlikely that they would film two episodes. Those things cost about $3 mil each; they're not going to just toss away three million bucks.

What's more likely is that they wrote two different screenplays, and CBS determined that they would make a decision on renewal prior to the filming of the thirteenth episode. But I'd guess that they've known there would be a second season for weeks now; they've just been hammering out the details.

John F. Kennedy Dead Man is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Dead

The second season could be interesting obviously the books plot is discarded. They are building a certain sustainability of the show. Stefan seems to be behind this so it could be interesting

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Man View Post
    The second season could be interesting obviously the books plot is discarded. They are building a certain sustainability of the show. Stefan seems to be behind this so it could be interesting
    And a "Dead Man" speaks!!! LOL LOL LOL J/K
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice Bryant Burnette will become famous soon enough Bryant Burnette's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Man View Post
    Stefan seems to be behind this so it could be interesting
    Who's he?

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

CBS’ drama series Under The Dome got off to a good start last night for UK broadcaster Channel 5.

Airing behind the finale of Big Brother (which peaked with 2.6 million viewers), Stephen King’s 13 episode series premiered to an average of just over 2 million viewers (including+1) and a 12% share. The ratings for the series are well above Channel 5′s slot average and outperformed other recent US premieres on the channel such as Person of Interest in August 2012 and its average audience of 1.5 million viewers, but fell short of the 2.9 million viewers that tuned into the series premiere of Dallas in September 2012.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

I did not read the book but I enjoyed the series. I am interested to see where they take the rest of the story.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I loved the book and really enjoyed the series and look forward to season 2 and my season 1 dome dvds
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    CBS’ drama series Under The Dome got off to a good start last night for UK broadcaster Channel 5.

Airing behind the finale of Big Brother (which peaked with 2.6 million viewers), Stephen King’s 13 episode series premiered to an average of just over 2 million viewers (including+1) and a 12% share. The ratings for the series are well above Channel 5′s slot average and outperformed other recent US premieres on the channel such as Person of Interest in August 2012 and its average audience of 1.5 million viewers, but fell short of the 2.9 million viewers that tuned into the series premiere of Dallas in September 2012.
    UK viewing figures do not compare in any way with any comparable US figures. Channel 5 in the UK is the least watched channel of any. The BBC which has 4 channels is the only creditable channels. These do not have ANY advertisements between or during programmes. The second worst channel on UK TV, Channel 4, binned Big Brother, because it was shit, and nobody wathed it.

To make the top ten in the UK you need need to get around 10 million viewers, so Channel 5 has never ever made the top 10 with any of their programmes.

Channel 5
    w/e 15 Sep 2013
    Millions
    1 CELEBRITY BIG BROTHER (FRI 2100) 2.43
    2 CELEBRITY BIG BROTHER (WED 2100) 2.30
    3 CELEBRITY BIG BROTHER (TUE 2200) 2.19
    4 CELEBRITY BIG BROTHER (MON 2101) 2.15
    5 CELEBRITY BIG BROTHER (FRI 2301) 2.09
    6 CSI - NEW YORK (TUE 2103) 1.92
    7 CELEBRITY BIG BROTHER (THU 2100) 1.78
    8 UNDER THE DOME (MON 2202) 1.78

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    I posted my series recap thoughts yesterday.
    I agree with pretty much everything you said. You put my thoughts into words better than I could have.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I've deleted it from my planner, I wasn't overly struck with the book, but was curious how they would make the characters likeable enough to keep people watching. Short answer they didnt. Long answer they made them worse.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.parade.com/222414/scottne...ng-the-ending/
    The first recent foray back into the serialized television for CBS has been an undeniable success. Based on the epic bestselling novel by Stephen King, Under the Dome has not only been a ratings superstar for the network, but it’s also gained a massive legion of dedicated fans picking apart every single episode for another clue to the what’s really happening inside that mysterious dome. With Steven Spielberg, Stephen King, and Brian K. Vaughn on set, Executive Producer Neal Baer has one of television’s dream teams at the helm, which has certainly helped to make Under the Dome a monster hit. Parade sat down with Baer to discuss the upcoming Blu-ray and DVD release of season one (in stores November 5), secrets of season two, and how they already have their series ending in mind.

There are a lot of mystery and sci-fi elements to Under the Dome. Do you worry about how much mystery, or how many questions, to give the audience?
    No, I think that we try to always answer some mysteries in each episode and then establish new ones so that there’s a constant flow of new things happening and old things being answered. That way it’s satisfying and tantalizing.

Do you already have an ending in mind?
    We do have an ending in mind, which is nice. Thinking about that, we’re able to devise all kinds of mysteries that will lead to the final mystery.

One of the few issues that some people had with Stephen King’s book was the ending. Does having the ability to extend the series beyond the world of the novel allow you to tackle it in a different way?
    Absolutely, and we never were slavishly adapting the book. It is liberating to have the great foundation that the book provides and then move beyond that to create new stories. The book itself is only about a week in length so, in order to make our show a longer-term story, we’ve had to diverge from the book.

At the end of season one, there are a few unanswered questions dangling. How do you balance how many answers to give your audience at the end of the season while still making them come back for more in season two?
    I don’t think there’s any formula, per se. You want to give the audience some satisfaction, so we answered what was behind this big mystery of the dome, but still we ended with some questions about what’s going to happen to Barbie.

Just like in any Stephen King story, you have a lot of characters to deal with. Was there one character that you, in casting, that you felt you just had to get right?
    I just feel that every single character is important, so we really spent a lot of time on every single one. We always thought of Rachelle [Lefevre] as Julia because I had worked with her on A Gifted Man, but we went through all kinds of discussions for all the other characters. When Alex Koch was cast as Junior, he had never auditioned before. He had just come out of college in the theater program. That never happens. We brought him to the network three times.

I think Rachelle is great in that part and, between Under the Dome and Hannibal, you’re bringing redheads back to the small screen.
    [Laughs] Yes! She had blonde hair on A Gifted Man only because Jennifer Ehle had red hair. She really is a redhead so she said, “I’m not going to dye my hair blonde again!” I told her, “No, no, no. You don’t have to.” [Laughs]

Do you think Dean Norris felt excited to play a character so against what people know of him from Breaking Bad?
    Oh, he loved it. He really adores that character. And what we like about it is that he’s not just an evil guy. He also loves his son. He loves his community. He really wants the people to succeed in living under the dome, but he’s also a kind of megalomaniac. An egomaniac too, so his best intentions get away from him.

How does the balance of power play out behind the scenes with you, Stephen King, Steven Spielberg, and Brian K. Vaughn, and how involved are those guys in the day to day?
    Brian and I are in the trenches and the two Stephens are there for support, so they see everything. They read everything. They see all the cuts, but they’re not involved in the day to day. They couldn’t be because Stephen King is writing novels still (he just released Doctor Sleep) and Steven Spielberg is directing movies. So they’re there as really great sounding boards for us.

In one of the Blu-ray special features, Brian mentions that you asked all the potential writers, “What would you do if your town was suddenly sealed off by this impenetrable dome?” So now I ask you: What would Neal Baer do?
    Well, I’m certainly more prepared now than I was! [Laughs] We have some writers who are expert survivalists so I know all the gizmos and gadgets. What would I do? I’m a physician so I’d probably be out there trying to take care of people who were cut in half by the dome or injured in some way. That’s probably the first thing I would do because I always turn to my medical roots. I hope I’d be out there trying to do what I could using those skills that I have.

What kind of hints, however small, can you give us about what’s to come in season two when the show returns in June?
    Some new characters, certainly. They’re going to turn things upside down. We’ll find out where they were, because it’s only been two weeks since the dome came down. And we’ll maybe meet someone that’s related to Junior and Big Jim.

Do you have a favorite memory, on screen or off, from working on Under the Dome so far?
    I think my favorite memory is seeing the cut of episode seven. Watching the whole episode and going, “Oh my gosh. That is really, really powerful.” That took me through so many emotions and so many feelings that it was almost like I was just an audience member. I was so separated from having done it that I was able to watch it for the first time, and it really hit me like, “Wow. This is intense! This is sad! This is moving! This is really, really great.” That’s my favorite moment. My second favorite is in episode five when the bomb hits and Norrie and Joe are kissing and the music is playing Skeeter Davis’s “End of the World.” I love that. I was on YouTube when that happened and people were commenting on the video of her singing the song from 1965 and saying, “The dome brought me here. The dome brought me here.” That was really gratifying.

Under the Dome: The Complete First Season arrives on Blu-ray & DVD on November 5.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not really about the series, but I didn't want to create a whole new thread just for this. Just though it was kinda neat, Under the Dome is being published as a two-volume mass-market paperback in February:

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I like the cover art, but two books? Come on. How is that anything but a marketing ploy?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

A lot of King's books are published in multiple volumes in Europe -- in part, this is because the binding of thick paperbacks tends to be prone to splitting.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

UNDER THE DOME was published in France, in 2 books.
    That pissed some fans of, because they felt that the publisher was taking advantages of them and therefore asking a lot more money.

I understand that feeling but I feel mixed. I mean, i have seen some books that were a bit less than 1000 pages in 1 single volume.. and usually the text is really small, and/or the paper is very fragile and it's not better.

That being said, i like the new artwork. What publisher is it? edit : = Pocket Books
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I understand how some countries split their books for binding reasons but why an American publisher is doing it when it's already available as trade paperback in one volume is beyond me.

Plus you save two dollars and 38 cents on Amazon if you buy the individual paperback over the two volume set so unless you're a collector I'm not sure why you'd get this.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The individual paperback volume will soon be taking out of the shelves to be replaced by the 2 copies... so it will only be available as "used" online
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=113569
    CBS today announced premiere dates for its two scripted summer event series - "Under the Dome" and "Extant," both produced by Steven Spielberg's Amblin Television.

"Under the Dome" returns for its sophomore season on Monday, June 30 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT). The premiere episode will be written by Stephen King, whose bestselling novel the series is based on. "Under the Dome" was last summer's #1 program, averaging 15.06 million viewers and 3.9/11 in adults 18-49, ranking as the most-watched scripted summer series in 21 years.

"Under the Dome" tells the story of a small town that is suddenly and inexplicably sealed off from the rest of the world by an enormous transparent dome. The town's inhabitants must deal with surviving the post-apocalyptic conditions while searching for answers to what this barrier is, where it came from, and if and when it will go away.

Traveler Ake, Ake! will become famous soon enough Ake, Ake!'s Avatar

I can see both sides of it. In the case of Under the Dome I'm on King's side; in the case of the Kubrick thing, I think I'd fall more in the Kubrick camp.[/QUOTE]

I'd be with Kubrick more if he hadn't cast Shelley Duval and then made her one of the worst female characters in all of film. I love the movie for it's visual style and overall creepiness. But I'll take the book for character development all the way.

Hey there, new to the forum. I don't want to read your full recap as I haven't watched first season. Well, I watched the first episode but realized I'd rather read the book first and I'd much rather be spoiled for a show than a book.

Having said all that. As a fan of the book do you think it is worth me going back and getting caught up so I can watch season 2? Are the changes they made to characters going to anger me?

Any insight is appreciated!

Couldn't possibly say if they are going to anger you (they did anger some purists, but they didn't anger me), but the show is vastly different from the book, so don't expect to be able to pick up Season 2 without understanding what happened in season 1. The setup is the same, more or less, and many of the characters have the same names and similar characteristics as in the book, but others are totally different and what they all do is unlike most of the book.

Thanks! As long as I can go into it knowing that it will be radically different I can adjust my thinking/expectations accordingly. I'll have to give it a shot.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ake, Ake! View Post
    As a fan of the book do you think it is worth me going back and getting caught up so I can watch season 2? Are the changes they made to characters going to anger me?

Any insight is appreciated!
    I was a fan of the book. I thought it was "very good" but not super-great. I always suggest reading the book first b/c that way you receive the author's intention and fall into the world he created, rather than be subject to the whims (and limited budget) of a filmmaker or TV producer.

Having said that, you don't have to read the book to enable yourself to watch the show.

But I'd never suggest coming into a TV series midstream. If you are going to watch Season 2, watch Season 1. In for a penny, in for a pound. Especially for this show, where you can't use knowledge of the book to help "catch you up" over missed episodes. After the first episode, which had a passing resemblance to the novel, subsequent episodes have virtually nothing in common with the book or anything related to Stephen King.

Gunslinger Apprentice BountyHunter is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I just watched all of season 1 in one day. I'm kind of hooked on this show. I haven't read the book, but I want to now.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast