+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 462 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 106 ... LastLast

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    the picture has been taken down, but this still kills me:
    SEE FAQ'S CONCERNING SHIPPING, ETC IN MY ME PAGE
    in my me page?!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Does that set off your grammar alarm, SJ?

By the way, the photo of the signatures is there, it is the second photo so you don't see it unless you look for it and click on it.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Gunslinger Apprentice Hutch will become famous soon enough Hutch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Pasiuk57 View Post
    It may not do much good for one person to report an item for forgery. However, it may do good if several folks complained about an item. A support representative from eBay said that they do track complaints not only by item number but by seller ID. Thus, if enough complaints were filed for a seller who is habitually listing forgeries are received, eBay may act.
    Here are the steps you'll need to report forgery:

1) copy the item number or numbers

2) click " Help " at the upper right of the eBay page

3) click " Contact Us " on the left

4) click on " Start here " in the Online and Answers and Email section

5) select Listing Violations and click on Continue

6) For Step 1 select Counterfeits and copyright violations ; for Step 2 select Other potential infringement; for Step 3 select Unauthorized use of celebrity faces, names or signatures and click Continue

7) click Email Us

8) enter the item number(s) and click send
    Just think what we can all do!!
    Has anyone been reporting the following seller's Stephen King auctions per the above instructions posted by Mike?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-The...QQcmdZViewItem

&
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-Dar...QQcmdZViewItem

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I will soon. I don't know how much good it will do, though, given that those are one-day auctions. By the time eBay can do anything, the auction will be over. Hopefully, though, they'll ban renaissance_auctions.

John

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I will soon. I don't know how much good it will do, though, given that those are one-day auctions. By the time eBay can do anything, the auction will be over. Hopefully, though, they'll ban renaissance_auctions.

John
    the auction for The Shining is 7 days

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hand signed index card.
    I am not an expert, but I certainly wouldn't want this signature.

King, Paul Newman (Hey Wiz see this?), William S. Cohen
    Bad picture, worse King signature.

Definitely not! If I want Paul Newmans sig, I can go to his house. He lives in the town (Westport CT) right next to mine.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post

John
    the auction for The Shining is 7 days
    Correction noted. Blame it on a "senior moment"!

John

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Does that set off your grammar alarm, SJ?
    you know me all too well, patrick. the "FAQ'S" bit bothers me as well.

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

John
    I hope they can put a stop to him. My guess is that ebay will say that they're "not experts in signatures" and "buyer beware". They're making money off this doofus.

I guess one way is to buy a book and then leave him feedback stating that his SK sigs are fraud.

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

eBay needs a public 1-800 number. Can you imagine the staffing they would need?!

Country
    Country Flag

It may not do much good for one person to report an item for forgery. However, it may do good if several folks complained about an item. A support representative from eBay said that they do track complaints not only by item number but by seller ID. Thus, if enough complaints were filed for a seller who is habitually listing forgeries are received, eBay may act.

6) For Step 1 select Counterfeits and copyright violations ; for Step 2 select Other potential infringement; for Step 3 select Unauthorized use of celebrity faces, names or signatures and click Continue

7) click Email Us

As for renaissance_auctions...I called an ebay rep. through a by invitation only service number and he confirmed the steps Mike outlines above as a valid method of action. I think more than just a few folks will have to file complaints.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

7) click Email Us

Has anyone been reporting the following seller's Stephen King auctions per the above instructions posted by Mike?

&
    Those links are not working. Were the auctions removed?
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

7) click Email Us

&
    Yes, both were removed although he now has the following signed (by him??????) books:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-Thi...QQcmdZViewItem
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Here is a few of this person's current auction in case anyone else wants to report them : 280173778409, 280173835831, 280173589505, 280173591302

You can go ahead and copy any of the above listing number.

Country
    Country Flag

7) click Email Us

&
    Here's a link to their auctions for the past 30 days :
    http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...=3&completed=1

One recent change is their Stephen King auctions are now private to hide the bidder ID.

As for the seller's 1st BCEs printed the same year as a true 1st...despite their claims, they are stateless It's not possible to distinguish between one printed five years ago and one printed fifteen years ago.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

SIGNED by KING-Oil painting. Supposedly by contemporary French painter.
    Signature is conveniently on the back and isn't shown. Seller is in Hungary.
    So, who is willing to shell out >$900 for this?

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

As for the seller's 1st BCEs printed the same year as a true 1st...despite their claims, they are stateless It's not possible to distinguish between one printed five years ago and one printed fifteen years ago.
    Jeeze those are horrible. I even looked at one of his Koontz signatures and it was horrible too. This guy is just ripping off everybody!
    Geoff

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gguthrie View Post
    Jeeze those are horrible. I even looked at one of his Koontz signatures and it was horrible too. This guy is just ripping off everybody!
    This seller has sold over $2200 worth of fake signed Stephen King books in the last 3 weeks as of this post..... I'm sure there is more to come.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

SIGNED by KING-Oil painting. Supposedly by contemporary French painter.
    Signature is conveniently on the back and isn't shown. Seller is in Hungary.
    So, who is willing to shell out >$900 for this?
    You should buy it. Letti can go pick it up.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that the artist scrawled SK's name on the back just to identify the subject and now someone is acting like it must have been written (signed) by SK himself.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gguthrie View Post
    This seller has sold over $2200 worth of fake signed Stephen King books in the last 3 weeks as of this post..... I'm sure there is more to come.
    When you add it all up like that, it makes me kinda sick to my stomach.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

I really wonder...I honestly think what he's doing is listing auctions, shill bidding, to create a sense of people winning items and encourage bidders that way...one of the winners is gibson.sg, who def. knows better, and he doesn't have feedback, so it makes me wonder if it was a completed sale or what.

Legit signed items aren't selling, so why would fake items? Maybe I just want to believe he's not succeeding in the defrauding...but bottom line, I don't really believe it...

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree Rahfa--with my limited experience, that really sounds dubious at best.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    I really wonder...I honestly think what he's doing is listing auctions, shill bidding, to create a sense of people winning items and encourage bidders that way...one of the winners is gibson.sg, who def. knows better, and he doesn't have feedback, so it makes me wonder if it was a completed sale or what.

Legit signed items aren't selling, so why would fake items? Maybe I just want to believe he's not succeeding in the defrauding...but bottom line, I don't really believe it...
    gibson.sg has the item in hand. He paid for it. He was warned about it after he won and before paying. He bid in haste. Regardless he to honor his bid. He tried to get a refund not on the basis of the fake signature but rather the fact that it was BCE and not a first edition as described. I think he doesn't want to leave a negative feedback for fear of possible retaliation.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow!

Well, there you go then.

That must be a really horrible position to be in. Dora was talking about trying to find something for Christmas for me and I told her to be careful.

Actually, I told her to skip it for Christmas because I have to do those myself.

Its amazing what you learn, so glad this thread is here because its not just about King stuff on Ebay--I bet this happens with all kinds of other shit too.

Buyer beware!
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, it does and it sucks. To update my ebay hoohah and retaliation feedback; the seller asked if I wanted to mutally retract feedback, but I've decided not to. His negative should remain, my comments might warn other potential buyers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 462 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 106 ... LastLast