Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 462 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 105 155 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 11535

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pickle View Post
    So i wasnt too far off if you conver it to dollars.
    Your conversion was perfect.

Cheers

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Vagrant Dead pickle is on a distinguished road pickle's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

wow that wasnt bad for a guess lol, maybe i am starting to learn stuff lol
    ... From the keyboard of Kevin

"A gunslinger knows pride - that invisible bone that keeps the neck stiff."

"Officer Benzyck! It's good to see you and there's some jam right there on your collar, praise God!"- Rev. Earl Harrigan

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
    at this time this seller has 11 Stephen King forgeries listed, I've reported all.

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/allbookedup!
    Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post
    I know we've already talked about this seller:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-Kings-Ba...3A1|240%3A1318

allbookedup

I just want to make sure none of the bidders on his auctions are our friends on this site.

Just looking out for each other

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    Reported each of the eleven Stephen King auctions.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

She gave me a pen. Ves'Ka Gan is on a distinguished road Ves'Ka Gan's Avatar

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

I just reported that item. The really low starting bid gives it away also. I mean that shoud be what £120 - £150 really? i may be wrong.

I always hesitate and eventually walk (or navigate) away if it seems a starting bid is ridiculously low--I mean, of course I'd love to pay 20 bucks and get a great peice for my collection, but someone "parting with" their "beleoved colelction" due to hardship & need of cash would at least TRY to make some money on it, right?
    YOU MUST CHILL. I HAVE HIDDEN YOUR KEYS.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ves'Ka Gan View Post
    I just reported that item. The really low starting bid gives it away also. I mean that shoud be what £120 - £150 really? i may be wrong.

I always hesitate and eventually walk (or navigate) away if it seems a starting bid is ridiculously low--I mean, of course I'd love to pay 20 bucks and get a great peice for my collection, but someone "parting with" their "beleoved colelction" due to hardship & need of cash would at least TRY to make some money on it, right?
    I don't think starting bids count for much. Sometimes it's a good strategic move to start bidding at a really low price, I think.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

I agree... the lower the starting bid, the more people you get involved and the more "lookers" you attract... it gets put on more "watch lists" etc. It's a good strategy, so long as you have a reserve, just in case.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Actually, I don't bother with 'reserve' auctions myself...because then it's obviously not selling for a cheap price, so I don't bother trying to guess the seller's intentions...

Gunslinger Apprentice Hutch will become famous soon enough Hutch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
    at this time this seller has 11 Stephen King forgeries listed, I've reported all.

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/allbookedup!
    allbookedup auctions are no longer running. All are gone not just the King auctions. And now their status is Not a registered user

Country
    Country Flag

*sings that queen song*
    Another one bites the dust...

"Officer Benzyck! It's good to see you and there's some jam right there on your collar, praise God!"- Rev. Earl Harrigan

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes!!!

John

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

That's FANTASTIC news Hutch and good job bringing this guy to our attention.

Excellent kudos goes to everyone here who took the time to share feelings of concern with Ebay. We can't win all of them all the time but we can go to bed thinking we've helped save some people from grief.

A Christmas present they won't know they've received.

Merry Christmas

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Score one for the good guys.

My Mood
    Gay

Way to go!

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=260338132491

Just reported this one. Obvious fake.

Country
    Country Flag

reported too

My Mood
    Gay

Um....

That is FUNNY !!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

That really was one of the worst attempts i have seen in a while

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

reported.

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gsvec View Post
    Hey, Ralph - any update on your little 'test' with the sig expert?
    He did respond to my request. I got caught up in getting ready for family and Christmas. Sending the signature and story his way today.

As soon as I hear back, I'll post the identical information here, and a day later post the REAL story behind it all.

Just having some fun. It's worth the $4

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    UPDATE:

The Ebay signature guru never got back with me.

So, I am going to post the same information that was sent to him, starting tomorrow morning. Let's have some fun with this. I know the true story behind this signature.

Rules of the game:

1. Don't just respond with it's a fake or it's real. Defend your feelings on it.

2. No one is going to judge your decision. Defend your feelings with freedom.

I will reveal the story on January 1st of how this King signature came about.

So, let's play "Is it Real or Is it Fake?" Stay tuned for more information.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Is it REAL or is it FAKE game

It's time to play "Is it REAL or is it FAKE?

The following story of this signature came from a very well known book seller in the collecting world of Stephen King:

Stephen King did a signing for “On Writing” at BookMarc’s bookstore in Bangor October 26th 2000.
    King signed my copy of “On Writing” as seen sitting on the table in front of him (see picture), but he also graciously signed my Insomnia gift edition, also seen in picture being handed to him. This picture from the signing is being used by LilJas Library in the story of the signing that took place in October.
    King signed my copy of Insomnia with a Sharpie. After King signed it, he stood up and pointed out that it’s the worst King signature he’s ever done. King, recognizing it was a gift edition and not something he could just turn around and offer his signature again in another book, apologized. I told him, with a smile, I will take this book with this signature. It has character.

Just as a side note. The Insomnia in discussion is the gift edition as shown in the picture being handed to King.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Room 217 Caretaker; 12-31-2008 at 06:32 AM. Reason: Forgot

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I say bullshit. I don't like how the T has a "stall" in it and I don't like the fact the swoop from the end of the N in Stephen does not make the correct arc, and also doesn't continue over at least to, if not past the K in King.

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I say no way. Mostly because of the way he transitions from the "K" to his "i" in King

Let me know when I can jump in with a couple sigs...

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It looks good to me. The S and the K are what I am basing my judgment from. They look good. The rest of his signature looks rushed.

I know that my signature is never the same. The two prominent first letters of my signature are usually consistent but the rest of the letters tend to vary.

It will be interesting to find out the truth.

Life is a garden...dig it!

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

All I can say for certain is that the signature raises my bullshit button. It is conceivable that the story is true, but for some reason I cannot articulate, it doesn't ring right. Allowing the guy to get his book signed (King might would but his publisher likely would not), the convienience of the picture , the sharpie, all of it just seems... wrong. Forget the signature for a moment, the story doesn't seem right.

The signature looks horrible also, but I've made some winners in my life too. The way it stutters at the bottom of the "T", the "N" in King doesn't look right, and add that to the story? I don't buy it and wouldn't spend my money. I cry fake.

Oh, that and the fact that I can't find the picture on the site referenced.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm no good at saying why. I generally just go with instinct or a feeling. I think it's real, although a bad signature. The story does sound a little false though...maybe embellished.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 462 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 105 155 ... LastLast