+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 462 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 104 154 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 11535

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What is PSA/DNA testing? Anyone know?

I mean, I can tell a bad forgery from a good sig, but I'm no handwriting expert. And I KNOW handwriting experts. They can typically tell if two signatures are made by the same person by looking at the way they are signed, but even their expertise (one of them has about 15 years experience) they can be fooled.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

PSA/DNA is a company that does signature authentications - but mostly, I think, for sports related memorabilia. http://www.psadna.com

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gsvec View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
    someone is offering their signature service at auction :

http://cgi.ebay.com/SIGNED-Stephen-K...3A1|240%3A1318
    How odd! Anybody know who this supposed expert is?

ETA: And interesting that he spelled SK's first name Steven at the beginning of the auction info. I emailed the seller to ask what their qualifications were to offer this service.
    Very interesting. Here's the reply from the seller.

Hi, as the listing explains, after three years of research which included correspondence with Mr. King's office with regards to fake signatures, close interaction with skfakes.co.uk as well as other experts, my qualifications are simply that I can tell many a fake from an airplane. 5/5 proven fakes and 2/2 authentic after PSA/DNA testing. We would like to prove it to you and add more to our record, given the opportunity.
    Happy Holidays
    NM
    Four bucks a pop, huh? Talk about easy money. No credentials are needed to give good advice. All the guy has to do is read this free thread right here with all its educated, experienced opinions and then respond to his customers with "his" expert opinion.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

This sort of reminds me of the Charlie Brown episode with the "Pay for Advice Booth"

hehehe...let's have some fun. I'm going to give the guy a try. Give me a couple days and I will scan a picture of a questionable King signature with a story behind it. I'll post it here to get everyone's opinion on the signature before I contact this joker, I mean business professional.

This is almost like a live version of Let's Play Ebay BS game.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post
    This sort of reminds me of the Charlie Brown episode with the "Pay for Advice Booth"

hehehe...let's have some fun. I'm going to give the guy a try. Give me a couple days and I will scan a picture of a questionable King signature with a story behind it. I'll post it here to get everyone's opinion on the signature before I contact this joker, I mean business professional.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Oh Ralph, I'm likin' this idea of yours!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Vagrant Dead pickle is on a distinguished road pickle's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Lol its amazing what you can do on ebay lol
    ... From the keyboard of Kevin

"A gunslinger knows pride - that invisible bone that keeps the neck stiff."

"Officer Benzyck! It's good to see you and there's some jam right there on your collar, praise God!"- Rev. Earl Harrigan

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    It might be fun unless the guy reads this site. He mentions that he spent some time on Ceri's skfakes site. I think there is probably a significant crossover. Still, no harm in trying to have a little fun.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

why not submitting it first, then u have his opinion right?
    then you post the picture here, and let experts telling you what they think.

then you post the answer & the true story???
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

I think he's telling the truth, actually...he sees the fakes like we all do, and is annoyed enough to try and do something about it...It's not $4 is any sort of real money, and nobody's going to bid anyway. Maybe he thinks people will, I don't know. Either way, I think his intentions are in the right place.

If he really wanted to get attention, he should have started the bid unreasonably high and it would have shown up better in the search listings...

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Rahfa,

You do have a good point. I'm not going to attack the guy. I just want to see how good he is. I have an awesome collection of scanned King signatures ranging from late 70's to now. I use these signatures to look for fakes & flaws.

The signature I'm going to send him along with the story should really test his skills.

The suggestion by member Herbertwest to send him the picture first and get a response before I post here is a great idea.

This still should be fun.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Good idea...see if he's legit...haha...

Gunslinger Apprentice Hutch will become famous soon enough Hutch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default new forgeries

at this time this seller has 11 Stephen King forgeries listed, I've reported all.

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/allbookedup!

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

He also used the same BAD sig pic in multiple auctions. All reported.

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

at this time this seller has 11 Stephen King forgeries listed, I've reported all.

Reported as well. I would like to send him a suggestion of changing his Ebay ID from allbookedup to all#@%*%up

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

reported. with the suggestion that they look at his other "autographed" books as well.

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Reported them all as well.

Life is a garden...dig it!

Country
    Country Flag

And unfortunately, 3 of them have bids.

Country
    Country Flag

Hey, Ralph - any update on your little 'test' with the sig expert?

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey, Ralph - any update on your little 'test' with the sig expert?
    He did respond to my request. I got caught up in getting ready for family and Christmas. Sending the signature and story his way today.

As soon as I hear back, I'll post the identical information here, and a day later post the REAL story behind it all.

Just having some fun. It's worth the $4

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I know we've already talked about this seller:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-Kings-Ba...3A1|240%3A1318

allbookedup

I just want to make sure none of the bidders on his auctions are our friends on this site.

Just looking out for each other

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Gunslinger Apprentice super sam is on a distinguished road super sam's Avatar

Item reported,and thanks for the info Mulleins!

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Someone is trying to slip a to someone with this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-Lis...3A1|240%3A1318

hehehe...I wonder why King would pause on his g before he finished?

Sorry lady, wrong signature for two years ago.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Country
    Country Flag

I just reported that item. The really low starting bid gives it away also. I mean that shoud be what £120 - £150 really? i may be wrong.

"Officer Benzyck! It's good to see you and there's some jam right there on your collar, praise God!"- Rev. Earl Harrigan

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Someone is trying to slip a to someone with this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-Lis...3A1|240%3A1318

hehehe...I wonder why King would pause on his g before he finished?

Sorry lady, wrong signature for two years ago.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    Quote Originally Posted by pickle View Post
    I just reported that item. The really low starting bid gives it away also. I mean that shoud be what £120 - £150 really? i may be wrong.
    I have my legit signed Lisey Story in the database valued at $200 US

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Country
    Country Flag

So i wasnt too far off if you conver it to dollars.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 462 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 104 154 ... LastLast