Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 11535

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Just After Sunset Stephen king 1St Printing NEW Signed

The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon Stephen King 1 ST Signed

Both of these auctions are from the same seller, and they both make me suspicious.

The seller clamis that JAS was signed at Odyssey Bookshop, but the ink color looks wrong to me.

I think it's a trace-job. The loop looks kind of shakey.
    The Just After Sunset look suspect. Without some further proof, I call fowl.

The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon though, look like it might be the real deal to me.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Just After Sunset Stephen king 1St Printing NEW Signed

The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon Stephen King 1 ST Signed

Both of these auctions are from the same seller, and they both make me suspicious.

The seller clamis that JAS was signed at Odyssey Bookshop, but the ink color looks wrong to me.

I think it's a trace-job. The loop looks kind of shakey.

The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon though, look like it might be the real deal to me.
    JAS is fake NO DOUBT

TGWLTG is fake for a few reasons. Just one of the reasons, look closely at the loop and compare it to a legit King signatures. His loop is never shaky.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't agree, but the mere fact that you think one is a fake should keep you away from the other.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Country
    Country Flag

I agree that I would not buy from the seller, and further investigation of the other items sold previously only reinforced that.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Agreed.

John

Traveler The Funslinger is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Hi,

I'm pretty new to the site and was wondering if anyone might be able to lend some expertise.

Something's come up regarding an item I recently won. It's a S/L Deluxe 'Waste Lands', but I think the dust jacket is from the Trade Edition.

Does anyone know if the dust jackets were different between the two editions? Is there someplace I could see a photo of a S/L deluxe Waste Lands jacket? Thanks.

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the site, Funslinger! We have Catalogues of SK's works that can be found here that include pictures of almost all his books. The covers of the Waste Lands editions are similar - if not the same - as you'll see in the catalogues. Have fun wandering around - there's a wealth of information on collecting here on TDT.com and we have extremely knowledgeable collectors who are always willing to give advice!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Funslinger View Post
    Hi,

I'm pretty new to the site and was wondering if anyone might be able to lend some expertise.

Something's come up regarding an item I recently won. It's a S/L Deluxe 'Waste Lands', but I think the dust jacket is from the Trade Edition.

Does anyone know if the dust jackets were different between the two editions? Is there someplace I could see a photo of a S/L deluxe Waste Lands jacket? Thanks.
    Its the same dust jacket for both the limited and the trade. As long as its the blue Grant jacket with price of $40 you're good.

I remember thinking the same thing when I got my copy of the S/L!

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks. And you're sure you're not the guy who sold it to me?

As a follow-up, does anyone know why that would appear to be the only book that doesn't distinguish between the dust jackets?

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks. And you're sure you're not the guy who sold it to me?

As a follow-up, does anyone know why that would appear to be the only book that doesn't distinguish between the dust jackets?
    Nope - don't think it was me. I've only ever owned two copies, the one I currently own and one that is in Mr. Rabbit Trick's Library.

The Gunslinger, Drawing of the Three and Waste Lands all have the same jacket for limited and trade. Wizard and Glass, Wolves of the Calla and the Dark Tower, being two volumes made it possible to have different jackets... and Song of Susannah? You'd have to ask someone other than me!

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

DTI - DTIV had the same covers for the trades and S/L, I believe. They didn't start doing them differently until DTV.

Country
    Country Flag

Good point, Eric - I'd forgotten about "Volume One" and "Volume Two" on the cover of DT IV. The artwork's the same, though.

Trade DTIV

S/L DTIV

Country
    Country Flag

I checked my S/L III again, something else strange --

Inside the front cover, it says "Trade Edition $38.00"

On the outside of the back cover, it also says "Trade Edition $38.00"

However, on the inside of the back cover flap, it says "Trade Edition $30".

Is that common?

Also, some of the other S/L's have two ISBN #s inside the dust jackets, but III does not?

Country
    Country Flag

Is that common?

Also, some of the other S/L's have two ISBN #s inside the dust jackets, but III does not?
    My mistake from earlier, I said $40 but meant $38... I'll have to check my copy, but my guess is the $30 Trade might be an add for another book?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Is that common?

The $30 inside the back flap is part of the advertisement for the title "Face in the Abyss".

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, the piece of CRAP seller is back at it again. What a grinch. Ebay refused to do anything about him last time. After a while, it would seem to me Ebay could be held responsible.

But, I guess it's also up to the buyer to make sure all checks and balances are in place. He still sucks though.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-Sig...3A1|240%3A1318

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

This guy really is a piece of crap.

What blows my mind is that he still has 100% positive feedback.

Also, he is getting amazing money for some of these books....just look at his feedback.

$305 for Dead Zone. $306 for Night Shift. $416.11 for The Shining. $260 for Nightmares and Dreamscapes. $255 for Misery. $280 for Everything's Eventual. $305 for Eyes of the Dragon.

And what does ebay do? They make him a POWERSELLER.

And why wouldn't they?...he's making them a lot of money ripping people off.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Country
    Country Flag

Wow, since when did King ever sign a copy of the Illustrated Edition of Salem's Lot that was published in 2005. Long after he had stopped signing books for people except at signings and those rare moments when he goes to a book store and starts signing his books for the hell of it. (I overheard the story but was not a witness.) This one's a forgery.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-Sig...1%7C240%3A1318

**All of this guy's books have been reported** I can't believe he signed some of them in red and on a fully illustrated page.

Gunslinger Apprentice mikeyw is on a distinguished road

Wow, since when did King ever sign a copy of the Illustrated Edition of Salem's Lot that was published in 2005. Long after he had stopped signing books for people except at signings and those rare moments when he goes to a book store and starts signing his books for the hell of it. (I overheard the story but was not a witness.) This one's a forgery.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-Sig...1%7C240%3A1318

**All of this guy's books have been reported** I can't believe he signed some of them in red and on a fully illustrated page.
    I decided to try him out and ask what the provenance was for the book and this was the reply:

"Hi There,
    This was signed with a box of books that was sent to him. I believe you are correct that he doesn't accept books to be signed anymore - unfortunate, but I bet he had a lot.
    I am happy to have your bid on my books, but if you are at all uncertain don't bid. I have collected for years and learned that it isn't worth it to buy a book you are not 100% confident. I know the book is authentic, but I don't have any type of certification or anything like that.

Hope that helps and thanks for your interest. "

I can think of a phrase that sums it up, and it sounds alot like 'horse shit'......

could not be more fake if it had false boobs and stick on moustache!

Gunslinger Apprentice Hutch will become famous soon enough Hutch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Interesting auction

someone is offering their signature service at auction :

http://cgi.ebay.com/SIGNED-Stephen-K...3A1|240%3A1318

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
    someone is offering their signature service at auction :

http://cgi.ebay.com/SIGNED-Stephen-K...3A1|240%3A1318
    How odd! Anybody know who this supposed expert is?

ETA: And interesting that he spelled SK's first name Steven at the beginning of the auction info. I emailed the seller to ask what their qualifications were to offer this service.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Sounds like a scam to me.

John

Country
    Country Flag

Never heard of them, but according to eBay they are located in the town I spent my early life in!

Country
    Country Flag

Very interesting. Here's the reply from the seller.

Hi, as the listing explains, after three years of research which included correspondence with Mr. King's office with regards to fake signatures, close interaction with skfakes.co.uk as well as other experts, my qualifications are simply that I can tell many a fake from an airplane. 5/5 proven fakes and 2/2 authentic after PSA/DNA testing. We would like to prove it to you and add more to our record, given the opportunity.
    Happy Holidays
    NM

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

what? WHAT?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 462 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 153 ... LastLast