Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 462 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 11534

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by gsvec View Post
    Maybe the guy is both VJ Books AND cecman2003 - just has 2 accounts.
    I was surprised to see the name VJ Books associated with anything remotely underhanded. I have bought books from VJ Books many times over the years both on ABE and eBay without problems. But now it looks like someone else has taken over the name. The VJ Books I used to deal with was on the west coast (Oregon or Washington, IIRC). The only VJ Books listed on ABE right now is in the United Kingdom. I agree that the whole thing smells bad.

She gave me a pen. Ves'Ka Gan is on a distinguished road Ves'Ka Gan's Avatar

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

Has anybody here done business with a seller called "disneynut2"?

I only ask because some of his listings seem to be a little intentionally misleading, and when asking him a question about one of them he sent me a very snarky e-mail.
    YOU MUST CHILL. I HAVE HIDDEN YOUR KEYS.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I got my copy of the 1st/1st Night Shift from him and found him to be okay.

John

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Name sounds familiar, but I'll need to check my eBay history.

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Ves'Ka Gan View Post

I only ask because some of his listings seem to be a little intentionally misleading, and when asking him a question about one of them he sent me a very snarky e-mail.
    No, I've never done any business with him mostly for the reasons you just listed. Caveat emptor.

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I got my copy of the 1st/1st Night Shift from him and found him to be okay.

John
    But, John, wasn't there a problem with the book? And the seller offered you a partial refund? Or am I thinking of something else?

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

You're right. There was a bookplate on the front cover. I'd forgotten about that. I still got a 1st/1st Night Shift for less than $190!

John

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I checked and I've not purchased anything from them. I looked at one of the current auctions, though, and remember the irritating listings. Either I bid on something or I just remember him being talked about when John had his issue. Sorry!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ves'Ka Gan View Post

I haven't bought from this guy but have had a few emails back and forth about his misleading auctions.

For our newbies here......don't be afraid to post your question here on thedarktower.org before buying anything King related. You won't find a more knowledgeable group anywhere in the world.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Gunslinger Apprentice Hutch will become famous soon enough Hutch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

update: All this seller's signed Stephen King auctions have mysteriously disappeared.

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
    The following ID history explains fire-horse-books and their forgeries.
    It's the big time forger from fall 2007 Renaissance Auctions

eBay Member User ID History
    The box below contains the User IDs that this member has used on eBay.
    User ID Effective Date End Date
    fire-horse-books Jun-01-08 Present
    renaissance_auctions Mar-27-07 Jun-01-08
    nikawanderer1971 Feb-24-07 Mar-27-07

Updated text from www.skfakes old list :

renaissance_auctions their alias wanderingwriter1966 and new ID in 2008 fire-horse-books noticeably started selling King forgeries in Oct. 2007. ( nearly $4,000 worth of junk in the first month and still going strong ) Mostly selling forged 1st BCE . What the heck is a 1st BCE and how do you identify it as such? Of course the seller falsely claims these were actually printed the same year as the true firsts. As for BCEs, they are stateless It's not possible to distinguish between one printed five years ago and one printed fifteen years ago. We just a little comparison we presume their signed books from other authors are also forgeries.

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Default VJ BOOKS was seller to not buyer from CECMAN2003

Quote Originally Posted by pickle View Post
    reported all of these:

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/cecman2003

The sad part is bidders are buying them even though the seller places a disclaimer in the descriptions. Their winning bidders must really know their Stephen King signatures.

One bidder invested about $3000

They've been at it for a bit and is making pretty good $$$$ per his feedback and the end prices.
    That is rediculus, some people have absolutly no shame at all.

It must take a lot of Horlicks (malt drink) to get them to sleep.

What makes it even more silly is that one of his biggest buyers is a shop called "vjbooks" with alot of feedback points, makes you wonder if they know there fakes or not.
    ACTUALLY VJBOOKS WAS A SELLER TO, NOT A BUYER FROM THIS GUY.
    The FEEDBACK given this questionable seller was not for items VJ bought.
    The FEEDBACK PROFILE pages gives you the ability to see FEEDBACK from items BOUGHT or SOLD or ALL FEEDBACK for any Ebay ID.

I AM NOT TRYING TO DEFEND VJBOOKS HERE...HOWEVER...It appears they may have been brought into this conversation regarding this "QUESTIONABLE SELLER" without really being at fault. If one studies the feedback carefully it actually appear VJ sold Cecman2003 some non-King related items and were not duped by this seller into buying his suspect King signed books.

I have no afiliation with VJbooks.... I just spotted what looks like a potential err in someones post that may affect someones reputation.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

reported all of these:

The sad part is bidders are buying them even though the seller places a disclaimer in the descriptions. Their winning bidders must really know their Stephen King signatures.

They've been at it for a bit and is making pretty good $$$$ per his feedback and the end prices.
    I'm reporting each one of these auctions right now. 14 down, 7 to go.
    EDIT: All 21 reported.

- - - -

For anyone who may want a reminder on how to report an auction:

While logged into eBay, scroll to the bottom of the listing.

Click the "Report This Item" button.

Then follow the three drop down menus:

Reason for Report
    Counterfeits and copyright

Detailed Reason
    Bootlegs and counterfeit media

Additional Information
    Counterfeit autographs

Brief Description
    (your comment goes here)
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Patrick.
    To me, e-bay makes the reporting procedure very cumbersome.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree, but they can probably deal with huge numbers of complaints (for various auctions for various reasons) faster if the reports are pre-sorted. Once I got in the groove, reporting 21 separate auctions didn't seem to take as long as I would have expected.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    reported all of these:

I'm reporting each one of these auctions right now. 14 down, 7 to go.
    EDIT: All 21 reported.

- - - -

For anyone who may want a reminder on how to report an auction:

While logged into eBay, scroll to the bottom of the listing.

Click the "Report This Item" button.

Then follow the three drop down menus:

Reason for Report
    Counterfeits and copyright

Detailed Reason
    Bootlegs and counterfeit media

Additional Information
    Counterfeit autographs

Brief Description
    (your comment goes here)

reported them all. i hate people right now.

Gunslinger Apprentice Hutch will become famous soon enough Hutch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm glad you all followed suit.... take a look at their listings now !
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Thanks Patrick.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

They've all been removed. Sweet!

Some poor buyers have been saved from being tricked out of their cash.

Vagrant Dead pickle is on a distinguished road pickle's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well done guys!!

As Patrick said someone has been saved some money!!
    ... From the keyboard of Kevin

"A gunslinger knows pride - that invisible bone that keeps the neck stiff."

"Officer Benzyck! It's good to see you and there's some jam right there on your collar, praise God!"- Rev. Earl Harrigan

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Cheers, folks!
    Thanks for reporting those things.
    It really is cool of you to take the time and look out for everyone.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am glad they were removed!

I reported them all earlier this week and was beginning to wonder if it had made a difference or not since ebay still had them listed.

That's team work!

Life is a garden...dig it!

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Default AMAZING

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Thanks Patrick.
    WOW...REALLY GLAD TO SEE EBAY DOES FOLLOW-UP ON REPORTING
    Good Job to all who worked that. First time I ever heard of results.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Creepshow Auction

Am I missing something here ? This is supposed to be rare? What happened to First Edition being rare?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-Cre...3A1|240%3A1318

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Guys, what do you think? Check out his other auctions...

http://cgi.ebay.com/STEPHEN-KING-TOM...QQcmdZViewItem

Life is a garden...dig it!

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

My opinion - fake

Vagrant Dead pickle is on a distinguished road pickle's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Sig looks not too bad to me (but im no expert), but its far too cheap at $20 to be real imho.
    ... From the keyboard of Kevin

"A gunslinger knows pride - that invisible bone that keeps the neck stiff."

"Officer Benzyck! It's good to see you and there's some jam right there on your collar, praise God!"- Rev. Earl Harrigan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 462 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 ... LastLast