Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 437 of 462 FirstFirst ... 337 387 427 435 436 437 438 439 447 ... LastLast
Results 10,901 to 10,925 of 11534

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Gunslinger Apprentice knightmare has a spectacular aura about knightmare has a spectacular aura about knightmare has a spectacular aura about knightmare's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Another for consideration:

Seeking:

Suntup Misery Lettered + Rights
    Suntup Shining 1st Paperback Large Art Print

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think that the Waste Lands is legit, despite the funky “S”. The American Short stories is legit.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by knightmare View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Not saying it's fake, but a very odd signature and date.

Signed Stephen King First Edition 1991 The Waste Lands Dark Tower III HC w/DJ

Pre-Owned
    $107.50
    Jul-14 18:113 bids
    Free Shipping
    Still interested in thoughts on this.
    For my purposes if it's fake feel free to not be nice...
    Judging signatures is more art than science. At least when done from online pics.

Some forgeries look "good" and some legit signatures appear sketchy. If there is any real doubt then I don't find it worth the risk. Sometimes I'll say it's fake and sometimes I'll be a little less sure and say I don't like it.

Some forgery sellers also sell legit signatures. If they offer and then defend anything questionable, I don't buy anything from them. If they pull the questionable item, they could be legit with a bad item.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    I think that the Waste Lands is legit, despite the funky “S”. The American Short stories is legit.
    Would you want to own the Waste Lands though?

The Short Stories looks good.

Gunslinger Apprentice knightmare has a spectacular aura about knightmare has a spectacular aura about knightmare has a spectacular aura about knightmare's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Once again, thank you for the expertise gentlemen & women....
    Seeking:

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay this looks like garbage to me...am I wrong?

Seeking:

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Another for consideration:

Too ugly and cramped to be fake.
    Legit

Country
    Country Flag

Okay this looks like garbage to me...am I wrong?

Too right.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Would you want to own the Waste Lands though?

The Short Stories looks good.
    Excellent question: No... Not typical enough of his sig.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Is this a SK signature from the 1980's ?

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post

Hope this helps, Frank.

sk

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I personally would steer clear of this one..

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

I wouldn't want it, either...

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay, good close look at this one, let me know your thoughts please:

Seeking:

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Okay, good close look at this one, let me know your thoughts please:

NOPE
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

No

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmm...this is a greyfell. They live only about an hour away. I'm wondering should I just do a return or have it authenticated (it's the only way ebay will just automatically do the return)...anyone else do this with them, do they make it difficult?
    Seeking:

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hmm...this is a greyfell. They live only about an hour away. I'm wondering should I just do a return or have it authenticated (it's the only way ebay will just automatically do the return)...anyone else do this with them, do they make it difficult?
    HE IS A KNOWN POS FORGERY COCK SUCKER. Fuck that guy.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    HE IS A KNOWN POS FORGERY COCK SUCKER. Fuck that guy.
    How does he have no negative feedback then...perhaps I should have it authenticated to expose him...
    Seeking:

Citizen of Gilead OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Greyfell's items are trash. To date, I've not seen a single authentic SK-signed item for sale. Do not waste time (or your money) having this authenticated. There are no better experts out there than on this site. It's fake.

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OneFathom View Post
    Greyfell's items are trash. To date, I've not seen a single authentic SK-signed item for sale. Do not waste time (or your money) having this authenticated. There are no better experts out there than on this site. It's fake.
    Believe me, this site is all I need...that being said ebay will not care about a forum and for me to really have this done correctly without them wiggling out I'd have to have it authenticated, provide that proof, and then bring in my personal merchant support. There are new rules in place to protect top rated sellers and almost all of it makes sense and is good but it actually protects sellers who deal in fake items unintentionally (i've brought it up to them) so this has to be done with every t crossed...
    Seeking:

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Just open a PP (presuming you paid via PP) dispute and tell them that the definitive resource for Stephen King information, and signature verification collectively and unanimously said it's a bogus signature. Feel free to attach images from this page to prove the signature is fake. I'd use the images from 1989 forward.

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I am not worried about the money. I can make one call to ebay and have that back quickly. I am saying I'm considering ensuring the feedback for the seller reflects what they are selling. As you can guess ebay protects buyers in some ways because money is money. They do not like people selling fake items, that I do know, but if it's a grey area then they will do what they can to keep that money rolling in. Screenshots from a forum will not mean a thing to them, even if some of them in merchant support were to be members. As I said, it's my number one source but that's not how the world of ebay works and frankly for good reason. People could just get into a frenzy over something they don't understand and point to it when talking to ebay support.

I did notice they aren't even a top rated seller and they don't offer free returns so this comes down to how much I'm driven to expose them. I've taken down about 10 accounts over the past couple of years for dealing in fake signatures, mostly on music stuff. I have allowed them to get neutral feedback by also refunding me the costs associated with proving it was fake, but only one even chose that illustrating just how much these folks value money over a decent business.

I'll say this, starting up a claim in Paypal is likely the worst way for me to do this b/c of my status with ebay. They would say "why in the world wouldn't you just call us". With my type of store you get individuals with a direct number and they have common sense discretion rather than the normal ebay support everyone else gets that takes forever to get to and they are just reading off a sheet.
    Seeking:

Country
    Country Flag

That signature screams forgery!!!

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

This guy has sold and continues to sell garbage:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/beherenowma...?_trksid=p3692

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

+ Reply to Thread
Page 437 of 462 FirstFirst ... 337 387 427 435 436 437 438 439 447 ... LastLast