Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 428 of 462 FirstFirst ... 328 378 418 426 427 428 429 430 438 ... LastLast
Results 10,676 to 10,700 of 11535

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Reminiscing about an old feel good case from Pennsylvania:

https://www.sportscollectorsdaily.co...feds-watching/

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Any time one of us contacts a seller about their selling a forgery should include that link.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Any time one of us contacts a seller about their selling a forgery should include that link.
    They wouldn’t care though My man. Especially from a 10 year old article. They will never stop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I know the agent that helped with this deal. Here's how they caught them (and yes I've been given permission to share):

As mentioned in the article they would use one account to purchase non signed books, forge the signature, and resell through another account. The agents involved used some already in place eBay members to contact the eBay person in question to see if they wanted to purchase some King books. The eBay person in question said yes. The agents marked a page somewhere in the books (if you didn't know it was there you would never notice the mark). The unsigned book (with the special mark) was sent to the buyer. About a week later, the seller started putting signed books on eBay through the other account. Again, using a volunteer eBay members account, the book was purchased. Sure enough, the marked book now was signed by King.

A few eBay sellers laugh at this and really don't have a clue they are being monitored by a task force. On top of selling forged copies, the seller is also breaking Federal laws by mailing forged books through the Post Office therefore stacking onto the case against them. They don't shut eBay forgers down immediately because they wait until a certain dollar amount is reached.

So, if you ever wonder, do we make a difference in pointing out forged copies.......yes, yes we do.

It just so happens a another case is about to get exposed. Pennsylvania of all places.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    I know the agent that helped with this deal. Here's how they caught them (and yes I've been given permission to share):

As mentioned in the article they would use one account to purchase non signed books, forge the signature, and resell through another account. The agents involved used some already in place eBay members to contact the eBay person in question to see if they wanted to purchase some King books. The eBay person in question said yes. The agents marked a page somewhere in the books (if you didn't know it was there you would never notice the mark). The unsigned book (with the special mark) was sent to the buyer. About a week later, the seller started putting signed books on eBay through the other account. Again, using a volunteer eBay members account, the book was purchased. Sure enough, the marked book now was signed by King.

A few eBay sellers laugh at this and really don't have a clue they are being monitored by a task force. On top of selling forged copies, the seller is also breaking Federal laws by mailing forged books through the Post Office therefore stacking onto the case against them. They don't shut eBay forgers down immediately because they wait until a certain dollar amount is reached.

So, if you ever wonder, do we make a difference in pointing out forged copies.......yes, yes we do.

It just so happens a another case is about to get exposed. Pennsylvania of all places.

Mulleins
    That’s awesome Ralph! Thanks for sharing man!

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

It’s very satisfying to hear stories like this.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Any thoughts on this:

SIGNED TALISMAN

I think it might be real....but I also think it might be a better than most forgery.

This seller has listed multiple signed items over the years......and I always feel the same about the signature.....could be legit....could be fake.

He has listed a signed Blaze....which is tough to come by....and i don't believe any of his items are inscribed or dated.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Any thoughts on this:

SIGNED TALISMAN

I think it might be real....but I also think it might be a better than most forgery.

This seller has listed multiple signed items over the years......and I always feel the same about the signature.....could be legit....could be fake.

He has listed a signed Blaze....which is tough to come by....and i don't believe any of his items are inscribed or dated.
    Before I even clicked the link..i knew the Talisman you were referring to... In my opinion, his sigs are "better than most" forgeries.

Country
    Country Flag

Any thoughts on this:

SIGNED TALISMAN

Fake. I wouldn’t buy it but totally understand what your saying.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Mulleins
    So do they make sure they are the buyers in the case where they are waiting for a certain dollar amount? Do they bid up the book to help get over that dollar limit? Or would that be considered entrapment?
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post

Mulleins
    So do they make sure they are the buyers in the case where they are waiting for a certain dollar amount? Do they bid up the book to help get over that dollar limit? Or would that be considered entrapment?
    Not a certain amount per auction...but total sales over an amount of time.

Make sense?

Mulleins

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Mulleins

Make sense?

Mulleins
    Yes, that's how I understood it the first time.

What I meant, is if they are waiting for a threshold, then they have to knowingly allow more (likely) fraudulent sales to go through. So I am wondering if they make sure they are the buyers to protect other innocent ebay'ers, and to collect the evidence (and maintain chain of custody?). They could aid in the threshold being crossed sooner by inflating the sales prices (reverse shill bidding?), but I am not sure that would be legal.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Mulleins

Make sense?

Mulleins
    Yes, that's how I understood it the first time.

What I meant, is if they are waiting for a threshold, then they have to knowingly allow more (likely) fraudulent sales to go through. So I am wondering if they make sure they are the buyers to protect other innocent ebay'ers, and to collect the evidence (and maintain chain of custody?). They could aid in the threshold being crossed sooner by inflating the sales prices (reverse shill bidding?), but I am not sure that would be legal.
    Sorry, Not sure.

Mulleins

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Something ´NICE´ from Germany
    Spoiler:

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's nice! I am guessing that there arent much german signed books !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    That's nice! I am guessing that there arent much german signed books !
    There are only the signed Dr. Sleep SK promo tour books, the 25 S/L Duddits and some books from the good old
    time when it was possible to send SK books to sign. The book on the pic. is an ugly old german softcover.
    (There are also some German SK books with fake sig.)

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Mulleins
    Just saw this. So awesome. It also clears a lot of the frustration many of us have get about feeling like our complaints/reporting weren’t being taken seriously.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

What are you guys thoughts on this?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/034-039-SAL...p2047675.l2557

There are some genuine signatures mixed in with fakes with this seller. I'm inclined to go either way with this one.
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered Eyes Of The Dragon
    Lettered The Stand
    BOMC signed Full Dark No Stars
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

No bueno.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    What are you guys thoughts on this?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/034-039-SAL...p2047675.l2557

There are some genuine signatures mixed in with fakes with this seller. I'm inclined to go either way with this one.

Dr. Sleep an EOW are the only one's that are good IMO. Not sure about Tommyknockers.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Terrible:
    Stephen King, SIGNED!, Cell, 1st Edition, 1st Printing, Mylar

$285.00
    Dec-3 05:01or Best Offer

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by thegunslinger41 View Post
    Anyone know Ebay chriscujo??
    Yes. He sold most of his
    Supercollection through Betts in 2006

Citizen of Gilead andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F273619811682

Terrible, and he has a N&D for sale too. I made a reasonable offer of $2 for both and was declined 😂😂
    Wanted:
    Carrie PS Publishing Lettered ‘G’
    Charlie the Choo Choo U.K. S/L #157
    Dark Tower Portfolio #157

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I know this seller has been discussed here before, but stay clear of him. I feel sorry for the high bidder (but a little research goes a long way):

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-Kin...4AAOSwckVcK~qg

Mulleins

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Not this issue again:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Stephe...EAAOSwpaVcLWx0

SMH

Mulleins

+ Reply to Thread
Page 428 of 462 FirstFirst ... 328 378 418 426 427 428 429 430 438 ... LastLast