Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 424 of 462 FirstFirst ... 324 374 414 422 423 424 425 426 434 ... LastLast
Results 10,576 to 10,600 of 11534

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Ha yeah I saw those today and just laughed

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Definitely agree - fugazi. And that “g” loop is outta control..

The Road Virus vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

last week ebay seller pomcioforever0 from Spain put a Knowing Darkness on ebay, with a starting bid of 0.99 Euro. I watched it, and with one minute to go it was at just 29 euros. I placed some bids but was automatically outbid every time.

It ended at 59 euros. Today it was relisted, for 350 Euro BIN. Clear case of shill bidding. The "winning buyer" gave good feedback. My spanish isn't great, but it was something like: sale was cancelled, great seller!

One negative feedback comment was: "Scam artist beware . Canceled sale asked send money under friends family paypal"

a shame, 59 Euro would have been a great price...

Link: Knowing Darkness: Artistst Inspired by Stephen King - Centipede Press

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

And all of his positive on Ebay comes from the same buyer. Yep, something not right here.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by vincent View Post

One negative feedback comment was: "Scam artist beware . Canceled sale asked send money under friends family paypal"
    The sale was for $3,938.88.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

The Road Virus vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Also, his description was cut and paste from Hyraxia's description. I figure he may have watched that auction and thought it was a good time to try the same move.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
    https://blog.uantwerpen.be/stephenking: my blog "Stephen King at Work".

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

This just a general eBay question. Has anybody noticed that prices seemed to be really high on eBay now for some books. I saw a Stand NUMBERED selling for $3,838 and a NUMBERED Christine for $3,495. What's up with that. No way they should that high is there?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    This just a general eBay question. Has anybody noticed that prices seemed to be really high on eBay now for some books. I saw a Stand NUMBERED selling for $3,838 and a NUMBERED Christine for $3,495. What's up with that. No way they should that high is there?
    DEF NOT SELLING... Asking maybe.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    They were both Buy it now options. Or Make offer. Those were the only options. No bidding.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    They were both Buy it now options. No bidding.
    That is what I am saying.. anyone can ask a price... don't mean they will get it.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Cool

OK. I got you. I am glad I am a littler smarter than to fall into their trap.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by vincent View Post
    last week ebay seller pomcioforever0 from Spain put a Knowing Darkness on ebay, with a starting bid of 0.99 Euro. I watched it, and with one minute to go it was at just 29 euros. I placed some bids but was automatically outbid every time.

It ended at 59 euros. Today it was relisted, for 350 Euro BIN. Clear case of shill bidding. The "winning buyer" gave good feedback. My spanish isn't great, but it was something like: sale was cancelled, great seller!

a shame, 59 Euro would have been a great price...

Link: Knowing Darkness: Artistst Inspired by Stephen King - Centipede Press

Was it the same bidder that keep on outbidding you? Then that just means your bid was not greater then his max bid. The current bid will always be a certain percentage above the next biggest bid. So I don't think this is necessarily shill bidding, sounds like the normal way ebay works. either that, or people put in snipe bids, and it just seemed like automatic bids, since there was only 1 minute left when you started.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Country
    Country Flag

I understand. I didn't think it was suspect after the bidding, but when the book was relisted the next day, and the sale for 59 Euro was cancelled, that's when I thought something was up. It's a very recent ebay account, with 6 positive feedbacks from the same buyer (could be a different account of his), and one very negative feedback comment.

I don't know if 350 is a reasonable price, just thought people here should be warned.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Have you confronted the seller about his practice? Reported him?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Country
    Country Flag

Hi herbertwest,

no I haven't. I looked up "shill bidding" in the ebay help section and if I read correctly, they say "please don't report shill bids, as we have mechanisms to track them down, and we take care of this ourselves". Do you think it will amount to anything?

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

They say that?
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Along the Path of the Beam Terrymorton will become famous soon enough Terrymorton will become famous soon enough

Quick question ! Someone is trying to sell me a "first edition" of the stand. It has the t39 and it says first edition. The dust jacket however has a price of 18.95. If it's a later dust jacket is the book still worth anything? Thank you.

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Terrymorton View Post
    Quick question ! Someone is trying to sell me a "first edition" of the stand. It has the t39 and it says first edition. The dust jacket however has a price of 18.95. If it's a later dust jacket is the book still worth anything? Thank you.
    Half at very very best.... just my opinion.
    And then it comes down to condition.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Along the Path of the Beam Terrymorton will become famous soon enough Terrymorton will become famous soon enough

He's asking $300 and it's in the best condition I've seen before. No rips or bumps. Looks like it was bought and then shelved. But of course the dj is newer.

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Terrymorton View Post
    He's asking $300 and it's in the best condition I've seen before. No rips or bumps. Looks like it was bought and then shelved. But of course the dj is newer.
    It would be valued as if it didn't have a dust jacket at all. If it's not a 1st edition DJ, then it's pointless on a 1st edition book. I'd say for 150 it would have to be absolutely perfect. More realistically, it's probably worth about 75 bucks.
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Country
    Country Flag

could I ask for an opinion on these two signatures?

comes with a ticket from the event at the Battersea Park Events Arena, London in 2006.

and this:

this one looks dodgy

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Big "No" on both from me

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Is there a better picture of The Green Mile?

Dodgy is an understatement.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by HONKYTONKSMASH View Post
    Big "No" on both from me

Ditto
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 424 of 462 FirstFirst ... 324 374 414 422 423 424 425 426 434 ... LastLast