Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 418 of 462 FirstFirst ... 318 368 408 416 417 418 419 420 428 ... LastLast
Results 10,426 to 10,450 of 11535

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Along the Path of the Beam Terrymorton will become famous soon enough Terrymorton will become famous soon enough

Couldn't figure out how to delete my stupid question, so I'm just adding this to erase it.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No such thing as a stupid question!

sk

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I wouldn't purchase the Skeleton Crew. The sellers other King signed items are forged as well.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-Kin...sAAOSwUg9aaoSg

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    I wouldn't purchase the Skeleton Crew. The sellers other King signed items are forged as well.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-Kin...sAAOSwUg9aaoSg

Mulleins
    I don't think the Skeleton Crew signature is terrible but I, too, would not want it in my collection.

LOL on the Needful Things signature. Below is my forged response from SK.

Mr. Caretaker,

I'm sorry you don't like my Needful Things signature. It was my psychedelic signature and I didn't think anyone on tdt.org would notice...that much. Apologies. I will to do better in the future.

Stephen King

Along the Path of the Beam Terrymorton will become famous soon enough Terrymorton will become famous soon enough

Alright I'm just getting into this collecting thing and I'm quickly learning I have no self control when it comes to buying these books. I may have jumped the gun on this one but can you guys tell me what you think of this signature? Thank you. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Horror-Auth...72.m2749.l2649

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Terrymorton View Post
    Alright I'm just getting into this collecting thing and I'm quickly learning I have no self control when it comes to buying these books. I may have jumped the gun on this one but can you guys tell me what you think of this signature? Thank you. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Horror-Auth...72.m2749.l2649
    This signature is good, you did fine (but when in doubt, I recommend posting here before purchasing, for peace of mind)...

Citizen of Gilead OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    This signature is good, you did fine (but when in doubt, I recommend posting here before purchasing, for peace of mind)...
    Agree with peripheral — that's a fine, authentic signature. Nice come-up!

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Sig is good

Thank you again guys ! I will definitely ask here first. So far I'm 2 for 2. And my two favorite books by him, revival and on writing. To me they are invaluable. Idk how you guys let some of yours go. Which brings up another question. Can someone point me in the right direction to ask a question about what makes some signatures more valuable than others? Thanks again.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you again guys ! I will definitely ask here first. So far I'm 2 for 2. And my two favorite books by him, revival and on writing. To me they are invaluable. Idk how you guys let some of yours go. Which brings up another question. Can someone point me in the right direction to ask a question about what makes some signatures more valuable than others? Thanks again.
    Just ask in the 'collecting questions' thread. But short answer is date. The closer to publication the higher the value and the older the sig (Prettier) the higher the value

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Just ask in the 'collecting questions' thread. But short answer is date. The closer to publication the higher the value and the older the sig (Prettier) the higher the value
    I agree with that. Try to stay away from an older 20th century book with a 21st century signature. They are not pretty either.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Another piece of garbage by this eBay seller:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-Kin...wAAOSwNMVacbiP

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Got another one for you guys ! Real or fake ? https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-Kin...53.m2749.l2649

I didn't get to buy it but I submitted a best offer that was rejected. I want to see if my eye is right for authentic yet. I think it's real. But I'm relatively new to this.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Got another one for you guys ! Real or fake ? https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-Kin...53.m2749.l2649

I didn't get to buy it but I submitted a best offer that we rejected. I want to see if my eye is right for authentic yet. I think it's real. But I'm relatively new to this.
    Authentic. These numbered/signed bookplates are usually ok. Of course, someone can fake these as well...

sk

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm still amazed that this eBay seller has a 100% eBay rating. She sold 29 forged King books in 2017 and is continuing into 2018:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-Kin...p2047675.l2557

She told me a while ago her books come from a well known collector who knows King and funnels the books through her book/comic shop in Ridgely W.Va.

We know, and she knows, she commits fraud every time she sells one, and commits a Federal Crime every time she sends a forged copy through the United States Post Office.

For our new members here, stay clear of this seller.

Mulleins

Gunslinger Apprentice FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough

Thank you so much for the information! I'll make sure to cross her off my list as I continue to hunt.

Citizen of Gilead andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F142675552910

This seller has had forgeries up before, but as this one is a bookplate, is it a forgery too?

Wanted to check with the experts 👍
    Wanted:
    Carrie PS Publishing Lettered ‘G’
    Charlie the Choo Choo U.K. S/L #157
    Dark Tower Portfolio #157

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

That looks legit.

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, it does.

sk

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This seller is having a field day with some deep shite...

From a Buick 8
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/From-A-Buic...%257Ciid%253A1

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    This seller is having a field day with some deep shite...

From a Buick 8
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/From-A-Buic...%257Ciid%253A1
    Reported, for what it's worth..

sk

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thoughts on this LETTER?
    The letterhead is legit and the letter copy seem reasonable, but the signature doesn't look right to me at all. Has it been verified that King's secretary would sometimes sign letters on his behalf?
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by surly View Post
    Thoughts on this LETTER?
    The letterhead is legit and the letter copy seem reasonable, but the signature doesn't look right to me at all. Has it been verified that King's secretary would sometimes sign letters on his behalf?
    I don't like the Sig. You are probably right with the secretary.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I looked at a dozen King signatures from 1982-1984, and none of them resemble that signature. I would tend to believe the sectretary (ss) signed it.

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Dont like it at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Load up the Spaceship with the Rocket Fuel

+ Reply to Thread
Page 418 of 462 FirstFirst ... 318 368 408 416 417 418 419 420 428 ... LastLast