Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 407 of 462 FirstFirst ... 307 357 397 405 406 407 408 409 417 457 ... LastLast
Results 10,151 to 10,175 of 11534

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's always a good idea to contact the seller prior to the end of an auction to see if they are willing to combine shipping. If they are, wait until they send you an invoice for payment or request an invoice once the auctions close. As with most things; communication is key.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

They were purchased in two separate auctions. They should have been sent separately unless previously arranged.

I would politely ask for an adjustment to the shipping charge. Suggest something reasonable, like say $20. If they agree you are good. If they don't agree you can open a case since they violated eBay rules. You can also leave appropriate feedback.

You should save or photograph the packaging.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    If the books arrive in good condition, the seller has IMO met their obligation. You didn't mention if the package is being sent Media Mail, or another more expensive method. A polite inquiry for an adjustment never hurts. If the seller declines, you can always mention the issue in your feedback, and in the ratings where it asks about shipping.
    Yes but they were two different auctions with two separate shipping charges. If he combines into one box, that's excessive shipping.
    Exactly.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Gotcha. Since James didn't arrange for combined shipping, he should have received two separate packages. IMO, a good seller would have stepped up and made the offer to combine. Agreed that James is due a refund.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I am going to have to differ. If I buy two books from Betts and contact David before he ships for a price adjustment, he can say yes or no. He and I have a long standing relationship. You and the seller have no such thing.
    You agreed to the price, and as long as the seller gets them to you in the expected time frame, and in the expected condition, they have fulfilled their agreement.

If you paid for 2 day express, and the books showed up via a drone..., a sherpa, or Uber etc. What do you care? If the books both came the same day in two different packages, are you still going to want recompense?

At the risk of being seen as an asshole, you're seemingly worried over a few dollars.

As I said before, a polite inquiry goes a long way, but no guarantee.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I am with Jerome on this......you agreed to pay the shipping and did so......and as long as the books arrive as described, you have nothing to complain about.

You can ask for a refund, but if the seller declines, you should leave it at that. Don't open a case.....don't leave negative feedback. You can if you like rate them low on shipping charges.....but that is as far as I would go.

Your best bet in the future is to contact the seller before you send payment.....and either ask them to give you a deal on shipping, or make it clear you want them shipped separately.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Country
    Country Flag

It is certainly a good idea to arrange things with the seller prior to payment/shipping.

The amount of money involved is small, and it might not worth the hassle to argue about it.

EBay policy is that shipping charges should be the actual shipping cost, materials cost, insurance and taxes only. If the seller combines orders, then he uses less materials and pays less for shipping. A refund is likely in order.

As a seller I would have combined the shipping and refunded the customer the difference.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Ebay allows a seller to charge a handling fee.....and as far as I know, there is no limitation on it.

I use the handling fee to cover insurance....since I use the "calculated fee" option which bases the shipping charge on the package's weight and the distance between the seller's and buyer's zip codes. I rarely do auctions, and instead only do BUY IT NOWs. My handling fee is usually about 1% of the BUY IT NOW price, because that is pretty close to what insurance costs.

In the end as a seller, my goal is to charge the buyer what my cost is for postage and insurance. I do not chage for materials since I do not buy materials....I try and keep at least two or three boxes on hand....either from recycling boxes that come to me from things or buy, and I always keep my eye out for boxes at work, the grocery store, etc. The same goes for bubblewrap and foam peanuts.

I tend to be put off by sellers that overcharge on shipping.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

From the Sleeping Beauties Book Tour thread

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Nothing on the New York event tonight?

Looks like King signed some books in red at this event.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SLEEPING-BEA...8AAOSwDclZzGTX
    Is it just me? I think Owen’s signature looks quite different than the others that have been posted, mostly the “King” part of it. What do you think?

Here is a photo

Spoiler:
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by racerx45 View Post
    From the Sleeping Beauties Book Tour thread

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Nothing on the New York event tonight?

Looks like King signed some books in red at this event.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SLEEPING-BEA...8AAOSwDclZzGTX
    Is it just me? I think Owen’s signature looks quite different than the others that have been posted, mostly the “King” part of it. What do you think?

Here is a photo

Spoiler:
    I was thinking the same.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

If this sellers story is true, I think King drove over her while signing it or she was running next to the car while he was driving away:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Stephen...gAAOSwrlRZ0Ju0

What a horrible signature.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    Double post (for some reason).
    I posted this in the Technical questions forum:

One way to get rid of the double post if it happens to you is to edit the second one and, in the lower right corner there's a "Delete" button. Just click that, answer yes when it asks you if you want to delete the post. I've done this a few times.

John

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, I didn't know we could do that. Excellent help John

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Citizen of Gilead andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

If this sellers story is true, I think King drove over her while signing it or she was running next to the car while he was driving away:

Mulleins
    I think what makes this really unique is that the seller went into the future, to October 30, 2017, to get King to autograph this... with his nostril...
    Wanted:
    Carrie PS Publishing Lettered ‘G’
    Charlie the Choo Choo U.K. S/L #157
    Dark Tower Portfolio #157

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by andyg75 View Post

Mulleins
    I think what makes this really unique is that the seller went into the future, to October 30, 2017, to get King to autograph this... with his nostril...
    I believe this to be legit...but ugly.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Its ugly as hell, but i agree that it looks legit to me. I dont like Kings current style at all, but the 'King' looks okay and there enough points in the 'Stephen' to make me think its probably alright. Still wouldn't want it at any price.
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I also agree: real but fugly..

Traveler 16stefanom is on a distinguished road

Default Are the signature in these two books authentic?

Hi, I am new here. Huge fan of King - and am now looking for a signed book. Know that he is currently on a book signing tour and see that quite a few signed copies of Sleeping beauties are up for sale at EBay. But also found these two - can someone please help me assess if the autographs are authentic or not? Also: what should I expect to pay for a signed Stephen King book (not talking about rare 1st editions etc..)? Thanks for any help!!
    Doctor Sleep (from bookstore(?) in Canada):
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/112311345880

Bag of bones:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/112582946238

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Dr sleep is real, maybe a smidge high (usually in 250 or less range). Dont buy anything from the BOB seller. Its fake, and the seller is notorious for fake sigs. An authentic BOB sig can be had for under $200

Also: Welcome to Thunderdome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Load up the Spaceship with the Rocket Fuel

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by 16stefanom View Post
    Hi, I am new here. Huge fan of King - and am now looking for a signed book. Know that he is currently on a book signing tour and see that quite a few signed copies of Sleeping beauties are up for sale at EBay. But also found these two - can someone please help me assess if the autographs are authentic or not? Also: what should I expect to pay for a signed Stephen King book (not talking about rare 1st editions etc..)? Thanks for any help!!

Bag of bones:
    First off, welcome to the site!

The Doctor Sleep signature is legit, but you shouldn't pay more than $300 USD for a signed first edition of this book.

The Bag of Bones signature is very much a forgery, and the seller is a known peddler of shit! AVOID!

I hope this helps!

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Bag of bones:
    + 1 with Honkytonk... Dr Sleep is real but high, BOB looks like the standard autopen sig that does the rounds, and seller has a shite rep. Check out Betts Books, can't go wrong.

(And WELCOME!)

Traveler 16stefanom is on a distinguished road

Thanks to all of you for your fast and helpful replies! Will then definitely NOT buy BOB, but will consider Dr Sleep and also some of the Sleeping beauties-ones.. Expect some people will try to sell fake ones of those too? But forging two signatures should be a bit tougher than just one, right? Will also check out Betts Books:-)

Gunslinger Apprentice C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about

Thanks to all of you for your fast and helpful replies! Will then definitely NOT buy BOB, but will consider Dr Sleep and also some of the Sleeping beauties-ones.. Expect some people will try to sell fake ones of those too? But forging two signatures should be a bit tougher than just one, right? Will also check out Betts Books:-)
    Welcome to the site. Once you have 5 postings, I think that's the number, you will be able to send/receive private messages and email other members here. Most have something for sale and all that I have dealt with on here are straight shooters. No disappointing transactions, yet
    Wish List
    Christine S/L

“Everyone isn’t bad, Mama! Everything isn’t a sin!” - Carrie

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Forging two signatures won't deter these people, trust me! You should check out some of the crap "signed" movie posters on eBay.... Those assholes are brazen enough to forge a dozen or more signatures on a single poster!

These two for example, are steaming piles of shit:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LORD-OF-THE-RINGS-MOVIE-POSTER-SIGNED-CAST-RARE-COLLECTIBLE-/232509035071?hash=item36229e523f:g:-fMAAOSw4YNZ0adQ

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SHAWSHANK-REDEMPTION-MOVIE-POSTER-SIGNED-CAST-RARE-COLLECTIBLE-/232508719925?hash=item3622998335:g:a6AAAOSwsXhZ0V5 4

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Bag of bones:
    I have a signed Dr. Sleep if you need. PM me.

Mulleins

+ Reply to Thread
Page 407 of 462 FirstFirst ... 307 357 397 405 406 407 408 409 417 457 ... LastLast