+ Reply to Thread
Page 406 of 406 FirstFirst ... 306 356 396 404 405 406
Results 10,126 to 10,143 of 10143

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Yeah I almost bid on it last night. Was just about to click submit when I saw the printed in Canada on the CP page
    I'll be changing the Catalog entry for the true US first to include an image of the CR page.
    Will the value of a Rage first edition be lower if printed in Canada on the CP page? Opinions?

(this can be moved if needed)

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Servant of Gan peripheral is a glorious beacon of light peripheral is a glorious beacon of light peripheral is a glorious beacon of light peripheral is a glorious beacon of light peripheral is a glorious beacon of light peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Yeah I almost bid on it last night. Was just about to click submit when I saw the printed in Canada on the CP page
    I'll be changing the Catalog entry for the true US first to include an image of the CR page.
    Will the value of a Rage first edition be lower if printed in Canada on the CP page? Opinions?

(this can be moved if needed)

Mulleins
    Yes, because it's not the US 1st edition, it's technically the Canadian edition. It would be lower in the same way that any King Canadian 1st is lower relative to a US or UK 1st.

Owner Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, Thankfully 700 miles from Bill
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

For Rage, I'd say the value would be at least 50% less than the US book.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker has a reputation beyond repute Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

I didn't know the Canadian version existed until this auction. Mine is US (checked last night).

If an auction appeared with a very nice copy of Rage for $250 (but didn't show the copyright page) I wouldn't have hesitated to grab it. Why? Until now, all Rage editions I've seen have been USA first (it never went into 2nd print).

This is very interesting. I wonder how many Canadian first editions are in print?

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Gunslinger Apprentice Phalucha has a spectacular aura about Phalucha has a spectacular aura about Phalucha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Normally print runs in Canada are much smaller - our population is 10 percent of the USA's - so i expect the Canadian run is likely around the same. So certainly more scarce, but one case where that does not translate into enhanced collectability.

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

So (just for conversation), what is everyone's opinion on the value of this Canada first print:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/282649014715?rmvSB=true

$200?

Mulleins

Owner Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

$200. No more. If FINE, perhaps $275.

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree!

This is a great conversation of learning for our new members looking for a Rage. Beware and ask questions before buying. Make sure it's the US release (not unless you're looking specifically for the Canada first).

Mulleins

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

If this isn't EBay BS cranked up to 10, I don't know what is:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King...wAAOSwjghZv~C5

What a full on lie.

Mulleins

"I'm pondering how many LOLs are needed to TAKE OVER THE WORLD!" Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an's Avatar

What a full on lie.

Mulleins
    But he's a Barnes & Noble Gold Club member. They don't lie.

I think it's actually a satire piece. From a certain perspective it can be seen as high comedy.

For instance, the fact that he didn't use a new "Signed Copy" sticker but is obviously using one pulled off of another book. Clever! The fact that his "PROOF" of signing is a photo of the Bookstore One signing of End of Watch while claiming that the signing was by Barnes & Noble for the recent IT paperback release. Brilliant!

I find this to be the best line..."Buy with confidence"

This is better than Monty Python!
    https://www.gofundme.com/help-hurricane-victim-pay-vet-bills

See what's in my eBay store!

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has much to be proud of tippy4 has much to be proud of tippy4 has much to be proud of tippy4 has much to be proud of tippy4 has much to be proud of tippy4 has much to be proud of tippy4 has much to be proud of tippy4 has much to be proud of tippy4 has much to be proud of tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

That selling is a lying whore.

So which is it...did he buy the book, or did it com from his father's private collection?
    FOR SALE OR TRADE
    Wizard & Glass Grant 1st Edition $100
    Artist Edition of Dark Tower 7 $70
    S/L Secretary of Dreams V2 $300
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $225
    Lisey's Story ARC $25
    ABC
    XYZ

WANTED
    The Plant Part 1 Signed Limited Edition
    Battleground Lettered Edition

Motion Picture Extraordinaire T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post

What a full on lie.

Mulleins
    But he's a Barnes & Noble Gold Club member. They don't lie.

I think it's actually a satire piece. From a certain perspective it can be seen as high comedy.

For instance, the fact that he didn't use a new "Signed Copy" sticker but is obviously using one pulled off of another book. Clever! The fact that his "PROOF" of signing is a photo of the Bookstore One signing of End of Watch while claiming that the signing was by Barnes & Noble for the recent IT paperback release. Brilliant!

I find this to be the best line..."Buy with confidence"

This is better than Monty Python!

You sir, just won the internet with that post!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Br!an again.

Gunslinger Apprentice andyg75 will become famous soon enough andyg75 will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/172871140191

Here's one from a UK seller!
    Wanted:
    Firestarter S/L (July 6 & 7 dates)
    Wizard & Glass H & S UK S/L #157/500 (#449 to trade)
    Wind Through The Keyhole H & S UK S/L #157/200 (#63 to trade)
    Dark Tower Portfolio #157/1000 (#187 to trade)

Vagrant Dead Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What a full on lie.

Mulleins
    Wow! At least make an attempt to properly forge it. You guys must have gotten to him. I see it's ended now.
    "Any area of collecting only becomes really worth it when shared with like minded people"-Alec aka Anonymous

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a name known to all jsmcmullen92 is a name known to all jsmcmullen92 is a name known to all jsmcmullen92 is a name known to all jsmcmullen92 is a name known to all jsmcmullen92 is a name known to all jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post

What a full on lie.

Mulleins
    Wow! At least make an attempt to properly forge it. You guys must have gotten to him. I see it's ended now.
    I left a wonderful report saying that the listing was nothing but contradictory information full of lies. there was never a signing event for IT and the picture of the signing shows a hardcover book not a softcover. Maybe eBay finally pulled one.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Bit over an hour left. Interesting that the seller rotated the pic showing it's a Canadian 1st3rd print. The Long Walk:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STEPHEN-KING...MAAOSw3uBZuZOM

Donate to HF Mateys! becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Bit over an hour left. Interesting that the seller rotated the pic showing it's a Canadian 1st print. The Long Walk:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STEPHEN-KING...MAAOSw3uBZuZOM
    Looks like a Canadian 3rd print.
    WANTED:

DT II: The Drawing of the Three S/L #644 FOUND 7/9/15!

MM AGoT, MM ACoK, SP ASoS #320 - GRRM - can trade

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I corrected my post. Good catch.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 406 of 406 FirstFirst ... 306 356 396 404 405 406