Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 402 of 462 FirstFirst ... 302 352 392 400 401 402 403 404 412 452 ... LastLast
Results 10,026 to 10,050 of 11534

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm by no means an expert, but it seems....wrong.

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Seriously... you wouldn't call that a fake?
    I think your vision test is overdue
    OK, out of politeness, I won't call it fake either.

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    What do you guys and gals think?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/034-The-Gree...p2047675.l2557

I don't love it....but am not prepared to call it a fake.

I was not the buyer.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I saw that earlier, and didn't trust it.

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

No bueno

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Fugazi ...

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    Seriously... you wouldn't call that a fake?
    I think your vision test is overdue
    OK, out of politeness, I won't call it fake either.

I was not the buyer.
    Yeah...actually now I am prepared to call it a fake after coming back to it.

No eye check required.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I was not the buyer.

I saw that. Much like you, I'm not saying it's fake, but I didn't bother with it-thus I was concerned.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

What a waste of a book. Even if it is a horrible book to begin with...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/162586514498

Gunslinger Apprentice picontin will become famous soon enough picontin will become famous soon enough picontin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What is your opinion about this one..?
    I would say not good...
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King...UAAOSwjL5ZC3ak
    P2

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by picontin View Post
    What is your opinion about this one..?
    I would say not good...
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King...UAAOSwjL5ZC3ak
    I would say you are spot on - no good.

Gunslinger Apprentice picontin will become famous soon enough picontin will become famous soon enough picontin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you.
    P2

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Their JK Rowling book isn't any better!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Country
    Country Flag

This isn't the eBay BS game, but rather that RaptisRareBooks BS Game.

I was looking on Biblio.com for a signed Carrie, and a PS Publishing copy came up, with the artist sigs. I wrote to the seller and said they've confused this book, and that the King sig is indeed a facsimile on this title. They responded saying that King has flatsigned the book in person, to which I requested a photograph (yet to receive and that was a few hours back). Anyway, I started looking in the inventory and they have a lot of King flat signed books and on a few rarer volumes. Some of the photographs are too small to be sure on some of them, but, to me, a lot of them look fake (and the same fake over and over again). The suspect ones to my eye are

https://www.raptisrarebooks.com/?adv...s=Stephen+King

- Faithful
    - 1st edition Carrie
    - Salems Illustrated
    - Rose Madder
    - Skeleton Crew
    - Talisman
    - GWLTG
    - Doctor Sleep

(There's probably more, but I have to go to work!)

Is it just me, or are these all fugazis by the same person? That "G" looks wrong, over and over again.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post

I was looking on Biblio.com for a signed Carrie, and a PS Publishing copy came up, with the artist sigs. I wrote to the seller and said they've confused this book, and that the King sig is indeed a facsimile on this title. They responded saying that King has flatsigned the book in person, to which I requested a photograph (yet to receive and that was a few hours back). Anyway, I started looking in the inventory and they have a lot of King flat signed books and on a few rarer volumes. Some of the photographs are too small to be sure on some of them, but, to me, a lot of them look fake (and the same fake over and over again). The suspect ones to my eye are

- Faithful
    - 1st edition Carrie
    - Salems Illustrated
    - Rose Madder
    - Skeleton Crew
    - Talisman
    - GWLTG
    - Doctor Sleep

Is it just me, or are these all fugazis by the same person? That "G" looks wrong, over and over again.
    I think I might agree with you here.

Citizen of Gilead OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

- Faithful
    - 1st edition Carrie
    - Salems Illustrated
    - Rose Madder
    - Skeleton Crew
    - Talisman
    - GWLTG
    - Doctor Sleep

The VAST majority of these are fakes, peripheral. It looks like one or two are legit, but I'd hate for you to get burned by a book you're "on the fence" about. You'd think they would've decided to place the "signature" in various spots, but it looks like most of the forgeries are in the same spot in every book.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OneFathom View Post

The VAST majority of these are fakes, peripheral. It looks like one or two are legit, but I'd hate for you to get burned by a book you're "on the fence" about. You'd think they would've decided to place the "signature" in various spots, but it looks like most of the forgeries are in the same spot in every book.
    Thanks, OneFathom. No, I'm not thinking of buying any and was highly suspect of them. Thought I'd post here for opinions and because of the interesting little nest of identical forgeries with this seller (they probably have an in-house guy). I messaged him again, requesting a photo of the "signed" PS Publishing, and stated that I was discussing his other signed books with collectors (I like having the feel a little paranoid heat).

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just unsubscribed from them. I will never deal with them as I feel some of them are fakes as well.... you think they know or bought a collection?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I just unsubscribed from them. I will never deal with them as I feel some of them are fakes as well.... you think they know or bought a collection?
    Personally, I think they know. They are not responding to my request for a photograph of the PS Carrie and became curt and very brief/defensive when I politely wondered about the authenticity of some of their sigs. But, who can really know their role.

Country
    Country Flag

** Update on RaptisRareBooks. In relation to my query about the "signed" PS Publishing artist/numbered edition of Carrie they were selling for $1,200.

It has gone from their original response: "This is signed by King, it was signed in person. It is not a facsimile" to now no longer available on their website.

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

** Update on RaptisRareBooks. In relation to my query about the "signed" PS Publishing artist/numbered edition of Carrie they were selling for $1,200.

It has gone from their original response: "This is signed by King, it was signed in person. It is not a facsimile" to now no longer available on their website.
    Hahahaha.....jackholes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Load up the Spaceship with the Rocket Fuel

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    Hahahahahaha...almost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Load up the Spaceship with the Rocket Fuel

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King...gAAOSw-3FZIK~o[/QUOTE]
    Why would King & the others sign a script that was NEVER produced?
    The fourThe Stand screenplay parts were written by KING...there is NO WAY he would sign this.

So, just a general eBay musing on my part, but I'm selling something on there (not a book) for the first time in a few years... and ALL of my bidders so far have 1 or 0 for their feedback. One bid was actually retracted by eBay Admin after the account (another 0, this time from Russia) was suspended, which is something that I never saw happen in the old days when I was a frequent seller.

So... am I going to get totally scammed on this sale or what?

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 402 of 462 FirstFirst ... 302 352 392 400 401 402 403 404 412 452 ... LastLast