Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 462 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh, the "Knock Knock" is a nice added touch! I'm sold.

NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!

The guy's making money....no doubt about that.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, it went for $204.50. Poor buyer. Hope I don't know him/her.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Poor bidder indeed

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Weird auction....only two people actually bidding...don't know what to make of it, really...

Gunslinger Apprentice Hutch will become famous soon enough Hutch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default riding the wave

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-The...QQcmdZViewItem

This seller continues to list forgeries due I'm sure to the success they've had thus far. Where is SKfakes when you need it the most?

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post

This seller continues to list forgeries due I'm sure to the success they've had thus far. Where is SKfakes when you need it the most?
    Amazing. But not in a good way.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Here is a way to help get rid of fakes on Ebay!!!!

It may not do much good for one person to report an item for forgery. However, it may do good if several folks complained about an item. A support representative from eBay said that they do track complaints not only by item number but by seller ID. Thus, if enough complaints were filed for a seller who is habitually listing forgeries are received, eBay may act.
    Here are the steps you'll need to report forgery:

1) copy the item number or numbers

2) click " Help " at the upper right of the eBay page

3) click " Contact Us " on the left

4) click on " Start here " in the Online and Answers and Email section

5) select Listing Violations and click on Continue

6) For Step 1 select Counterfeits and copyright violations ; for Step 2 select Other potential infringement; for Step 3 select Unauthorized use of celebrity faces, names or signatures and click Continue

7) click Email Us

8) enter the item number(s) and click send
    Just think what we can all do!!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very good idea, Mike. I'll start doing that immediately!

John

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post

Not only is the signature fake, the listing is misleading, pointing out it is a (comparably) worthless BOMC, and later in the listing saying "However the simple fact that it is 1st edition Signed Stephen King work in excellent condition, makes it a very collectable item indeed"

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Default E-Bay "BS" game. Questionable items, signatures, sellers.

I wanted to have a stand alone thread devoted to posting listings where a signature, seller, and or simply the item itself is questionable/dubious.
    I'd rather the "Quirky" thread be more of an amusement thread and this thread be devoted to bringing attention to items that really could mislead a buyer into wasting their money.
    Of course we are only rendering "opinions" about items. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, and should not be liable for libel, and or slander.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

We are being graced with a defending champion. It's time for: "Let's Play Ebay BS"

Seller renaissance_auctions, you know the drill: COME ON DOWN:

What's this you say renaissance_auctions? No picture this time? You want the audience to believe the signature is real?

Without seeing a picture.......YOUR BS METER IS A 10.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

You are just so untrusting.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wanted to go back to this one:

Considering it's in the traditional blue ink, and has a date, would this be harder to forge??? I'm not trying to play devil's advocate or anything, but are we 100% sure they are frauds? All of them???

I know Hutch (and skfakes) has looked at some of them already and trust them!

I still wouldn't buy a flatsigned unless I knew whom I was buying it from and they had first-hand knowledge of the signing.

This guy's got more of them coming too. I bet a lot of them wind up swimming the eBay market (from different sellers) for a long time.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by NeedfulKings View Post

are we 100% sure they are frauds? All of them???
    I know I'm not 100% sure. I however am far from an expert. Let's just say I am very leary.

Country
    Country Flag

I wish I had the keen ability to determine the less-obvious fakes. I know I've seen some REAL obvious stinkers on eBay. I think one was even signed in crayon!

I like the idea of this thread and do feel leary of this particular seller as well. The novice buyer should benefit from the wealth of experience on this board.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Personally I'm of the opinion that if even one of his books is a fake then I don't want anything from him. I wouldn't even buy a S/L from the guy.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Considering it's in the traditional blue ink, and has a date, would this be harder to forge??? I'm not trying to play devil's advocate or anything, but are we 100% sure they are frauds? All of them???

I still wouldn't buy a flatsigned unless I knew whom I was buying it from and they had first-hand knowledge of the signing.

This guy's got more of them coming too. I bet a lot of them wind up swimming the eBay market (from different sellers) for a long time.
    It just looks to "condensed" for King. I know he's not a sprawler, but it's all squunchy!!!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm happy this thread got started. I'm sure there's going to be a lot of good info in here.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, this thread is an idea whose time has come. We'll probably move some "Let's Play..." posts over from the other thread as well to get them all in one place (to some extent).

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

If only I knew how to.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    If only I knew how to.
    No worries, it's done. This "new" thread is already on its 4th page.

Gunslinger Apprentice Hutch will become famous soon enough Hutch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post

It just looks to "condensed" for King. I know he's not a sprawler, but it's all squunchy!!!
    the above reads wrong to me.... I do not trust them !

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 462 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast