Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 397 of 462 FirstFirst ... 297 347 387 395 396 397 398 399 407 447 ... LastLast
Results 9,901 to 9,925 of 11535

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Here's one sample:

Spoiler:

Citizen of Gilead AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TrueNorth View Post
    A Laid in Signature is about as real as taking a Porsche logo and putting it on a VW and selling it's a Porsche. Well maybe not......but King didn't sign the book and Porsche didn't build the car.
    I was under the impression that was how most limitation pages were done these days. Doesn't CD send the limitation pages to King, he signs them, then they tip them into the published book?

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AstroDad View Post
    A Laid in Signature is about as real as taking a Porsche logo and putting it on a VW and selling it's a Porsche. Well maybe not......but King didn't sign the book and Porsche didn't build the car.
    I was under the impression that was how most limitation pages were done these days. Doesn't CD send the limitation pages to King, he signs them, then they tip them into the published book?
    I think he is referring to a 'pasted in signature' like a sticky or something. I'm not a fan and run from these as well.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

That's not a laid in signature. What he's saying is a book with a piece of paper or something king signed. Not an actual signature sheet that's part of the books production.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Correct. Not only that, but if there is more than one person signing the limitation page, CD always sends the sheets around to them before sending the stack of sheets to King. That reduces the odds of sheets getting lost in the shuffle.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Someone on Twitter directed me to this seller, wondering about the signatures. Thoughts?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/funkyfarm2...1&_ipg=&_from=
    The signatures I looked at were all good. (Carrie and Creepshow) A bit expensive though.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Someone on Twitter directed me to this seller, wondering about the signatures. Thoughts?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/funkyfarm2...1&_ipg=&_from=
    The signatures I looked at were all good. (Carrie and Creepshow) A bit expensive though.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/m.html?_od...=king&_sacat=0

I would stay away from the Rose Madder and Tommyknockers.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

https://www.ebay.com/itm/132178623862

Did they write in a letter?
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:

Country
    Country Flag

Again here:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/132179745700

I could be wrong, but I thought the only lettered was the traycased signed right?

WTB:

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TravelinJack View Post
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/132178623862

Did they write in a letter?
    Quote Originally Posted by TravelinJack View Post
    Again here:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/132179745700

I could be wrong, but I thought the only lettered was the traycased signed right?
    Lifetime subscribers to PS Publishing are allocated a "letter" rather than a number. The two books on eBay are subscriber copies and are no different to a regular numbered edition. Another member here (JonP), is a lifetime subscriber to PS Publishing and has letter "C".

Country
    Country Flag

Ah, gotcha - interesting. Thanks for clarifying that. I was worried for a minute there that there was another eBay swindler.

WTB:

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Such bullshit.
    Tease to please.

No pic of gutter code.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SALEMS-LOT-S...4AAOSwIaFZF1G7

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Such bullshit.
    Tease to please.

No pic of gutter code.

This seller is one of the worst out there. I've gotten into the habit of routinely sending him a polite message on his new listings advising him of the bullshit of his wares and that he is infamous in King collectors communities...

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Such bullshit.
    Tease to please.

No pic of gutter code.

Man, He's becoming a frequent flyer on this thread....

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well, not to defend the guy (b/c I agree he is notorious), but he does show a First Edition book married to a later DJ, and says as such in large bold print.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

All five, fugazi...

STEPHEN KING LOT OF 5 SIGNED BOOKS NIGHTMARES FOUR PAST STAND CLAIBORNE MISERY

Yet, from the same seller.

STEPHEN KING SIGNED BOOKS 1st EDITION PET SEMATARY FIRE STARTER SALEMS LOT

Pet Sematary is fake, the other two look legit (autopen?), although we don't know what these books are (book clubs, etc.,).

Country
    Country Flag

Fugazi. Couldn't help but crack up at reading that.

WTB:

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thoughts regarding this signature?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Captain T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Thoughts regarding this signature.....?

Another fugazi...

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Thoughts regarding this signature?

Yeah i seen that one. I dont like it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Load up the Spaceship with the Rocket Fuel

Country
    Country Flag

It also comes with this COA.....

Country
    Country Flag

Is it just me, or is the market becoming increasingly flooded with bullshit King sigs? Has it just always been this way, or is King's popularity going through a hot wave, and so the market for fugazi signatures follows? The above signature posted by T-Dogz is from an online seller with an excellent reputation with this group. And these two examples I'm posting below are from a UK seller who I've dealt with before and also has an excellent reputation (to me and to at least a few others on here, that I'm aware). But, yet, these are getting through experienced sellers...

Stephen King (1990) 'Four Past Midnight', SIGNED first edition

Stephen King (1996) 'Desperation', signed first edition 1/1

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

It also comes with this COA.....

Yeah, i seen that too. I know its a reputable dealer and all but i really dont like that sig..at all

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Is it just me, or is the market becoming increasingly flooded with bullshit King sigs? Has it just always been this way, or is King's popularity going through a hot wave, and so the market for fugazi signatures follows? The above signature posted by T-Dogz is from an online seller with an excellent reputation with this group. And these two examples I'm posting below are from a UK seller who I've dealt with before and also has an excellent reputation (to me and to at least a few others on here, that I'm aware). But, yet, these are getting through experienced sellers...

Stephen King (1990) 'Four Past Midnight', SIGNED first edition

Stephen King (1996) 'Desperation', signed first edition 1/1
    Not sure if its always been this bad, but it's definitely become more prevalent (to me) from the time i started collecting up until now. With the possible autopen bullshit weve all discussed on here, to known inscriptions being copied etc, to highly questionable sigs getting through experienced sellers. It seems to be becoming a trend. I mean, i expect to see allstarbooks etc pumping out 25 bs sigs a day.. But this other trend is more concerning to me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 397 of 462 FirstFirst ... 297 347 387 395 396 397 398 399 407 447 ... LastLast