Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 396 of 462 FirstFirst ... 296 346 386 394 395 396 397 398 406 446 ... LastLast
Results 9,876 to 9,900 of 11535

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    Ummm...am I missing something HERE?!
    Some times I wonder if its a European who forgets we use "." and not "," for decimal point.
    Well, I stand corrected, thought for sure this was a typo and sent him a note to let him know. His reply, "Nope not mistake thx"

Wonder how I can get a list of his customers. I could become an instant millionaire. You know, another possibility just occurred. Could this be a way of laundering money? Probably not, anybody investigating would see it for that.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    All of that sellers items are priced the same. I have seen it happen where someone goes on vacation or is unavailable and raises their prices to ridiculous amounts so they don't have to worry with any orders.
    only takes 1 sale to make ALOT of money.

Gunslinger Apprentice Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim's Avatar

Well, none of his completed listings are close to that. Highest sale was a 1st if IT for 109.00

Some times I wonder if its a European who forgets we use "." and not "," for decimal point.
    Well, I stand corrected, thought for sure this was a typo and sent him a note to let him know. His reply, "Nope not mistake thx"

Wonder how I can get a list of his customers. I could become an instant millionaire. You know, another possibility just occurred. Could this be a way of laundering money? Probably not, anybody investigating would see it for that.
    The absence of a thing, this can be as deadly as the presence. The absence of air, eh?
    The absence of water? The absence of anything else we're addicted to.

- Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    All of that sellers items are priced the same. I have seen it happen where someone goes on vacation or is unavailable and raises their prices to ridiculous amounts so they don't have to worry with any orders.

My new theory is that he is too lazy or ignorant to come up with a price so he prices everything 10000 - OBO, and waits for a reasonable offer. Everything is priced the exact same way. Does this have any net effect on the commission he pays? Or is commission based solely on final sales prices only?
    Wanted:

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My new theory is that he is too lazy or ignorant to come up with a price so he prices everything 10000 - OBO, and waits for a reasonable offer. Everything is priced the exact same way. Does this have any net effect on the commission he pays? Or is commission based solely on final sales prices only?

IMHO if he can find a buyer that is willing to pay $10,000 for one of his books, then fair play to him.

Is he committing fraud? No.

Are you obliged to buy any of his books at the price he is asking? No.

I really don't understand why you lot are getting so worked up over this.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Captain T-Dogz_AK47 View Post

IMHO if he can find a buyer that is willing to pay $10,000 for one of his books, then fair play to him.

Is he committing fraud? No.

Are you obliged to buy any of his books at the price he is asking? No.

I really don't understand why you lot are getting so worked up over this.
    If you call amused/curious worked up, then I am guilty.
    Wanted:

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Citizen of Gilead OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My guess is the first two copies are from the same seller using different user names and bogus geographic locations. Each listing only posts four images: cover, inner flap of dust jacket, "signature," and copyright page.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

[QUOTE=amd013;1058411]
    Wow! An American who knows about punctuation. Well I never!

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

[QUOTE=Mr. Rabbit Trick;1058531]
    Wow! An American who knows about punctuation. Well I never!
    There are at least two of us.

"Well I never!" Well, I never!
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger Apprentice picontin will become famous soon enough picontin will become famous soon enough picontin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King...3D361971134650

Do you think this one's realy a fake?
    P2

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by picontin View Post

I do
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

I do
    I do as well.

sk

Gunslinger Apprentice picontin will become famous soon enough picontin will become famous soon enough picontin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ok thank you very much guys!
    P2

Gunslinger Apprentice TrueNorth will become famous soon enough TrueNorth will become famous soon enough TrueNorth's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I AM OUTRAGED at this shackofshit. He is one of eBay's biggest SK ripoff cons. But I think he got greedy, lazy and complacent.

RAGE:
    What he has currently for sale:
    http://www.ebay.ca/itm/RAGE-Richard-...QAAOSwSlBYug0f

What was sold Feb 27,1017:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Richard-Bach...p2047675.l2557

Compare all the photos and if you think these are the same book with a fake signature added phone eBay and let's report this fraud. Maybe if enough do they will remove him once and for all.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

He does say it's on a cut page laid in the book.

Gunslinger Apprentice TrueNorth will become famous soon enough TrueNorth will become famous soon enough TrueNorth's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Good idea read the ad first.... duh
    But this guy just gets under my skin. I own twoof his fakes which I keep on the bottom shelf to keep my resentment alive and well..
    Glad I waited to hear from the DT crew before I called eBay.

While I'm here a big thanks to Tippy for the two beautiful signed books that arrived this week.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TrueNorth View Post
    Good idea read the ad first.... duh
    But this guy just gets under my skin. I own twoof his fakes which I keep on the bottom shelf to keep my resentment alive and well..
    Glad I waited to hear from the DT crew before I called eBay.

While I'm here a big thanks to Tippy for the two beautiful signed books that arrived this week.
    You are very welcome! And thank you!

I too am not a fan of these "laid in signature" auctions this seller (and others) are doing these days.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

I do
    I do as well.

sk
    A shame a buyer paid that much for a fake.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Country
    Country Flag

A Laid in Signature is about as real as taking a Porsche logo and putting it on a VW and selling it's a Porsche. Well maybe not......but King didn't sign the book and Porsche didn't build the car.

Just wondering.....is it possible to remove a signed end paper of a 3 printing and put it into a a 1st? Is that being done?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

A Laid in Signature is about as real as taking a Porsche logo and putting it on a VW and selling it's a Porsche. Well maybe not.....

"Originally intending to sell the vehicle with a flat four-cylinder engine as a Volkswagen and with a flat six-cylinder engine as a Porsche, Porsche decided during development that having Volkswagen and Porsche models sharing the same body would be risky for business in the American market, and convinced Volkswagen to allow them to sell both versions as Porsches in North America."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porsche_914

Country
    Country Flag

A Laid in Signature is about as real as taking a Porsche logo and putting it on a VW and selling it's a Porsche. Well maybe not.....

"Originally intending to sell the vehicle with a flat four-cylinder engine as a Volkswagen and with a flat six-cylinder engine as a Porsche, Porsche decided during development that having Volkswagen and Porsche models sharing the same body would be risky for business in the American market, and convinced Volkswagen to allow them to sell both versions as Porsches in North America."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porsche_914
    I never cared for the 914....maybe that's why LOL. I do believe Dr Porsche is the very best designer the auto industry has seen. And VW and Porsche are owned by the same company they no longer share parts. If I remember correctly some Audis shares 20% with Porsche.
    My son builds and rallys 944s. It's the highlight of my visit to head to backroads in the beautiful Rocky Mountains and push corners. I'm there in August.

The Porsche worker girls are very pretty....right frau...
    Good video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlkTFdgG81Q

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Someone on Twitter directed me to this seller, wondering about the signatures. Thoughts?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/funkyfarm2...1&_ipg=&_from=

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Someone on Twitter directed me to this seller, wondering about the signatures. Thoughts?

Hi Bev - just tried the link. It didn't pull up a listing. It almost appears that is was a listing but maybe removed?
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TravelinJack View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post

Hi Bev - just tried the link. It didn't pull up a listing. It almost appears that is was a listing but maybe removed?
    Worked for me...pulled up a list of items for sale by the seller funkyfarm2011

Perhaps because he is UK based you couldn't see the items?

*just checked....most items ship to UK only so that may be why

+ Reply to Thread
Page 396 of 462 FirstFirst ... 296 346 386 394 395 396 397 398 406 446 ... LastLast