Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 391 of 462 FirstFirst ... 291 341 381 389 390 391 392 393 401 441 ... LastLast
Results 9,751 to 9,775 of 11534

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Looks like the COA is a photo copy as well.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Looks like the COA is a photo copy as well.
    Perhaps the seller will provide a COA for the COA?
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Are COA's linked to the book in anyway? I don't see any way to determine that this COA corresponds to this book.

So what is to stop someone from getting a real signature, then going to umpteen sellers of COA's and getting as many as you want based on the one real signature?
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Lately I have noticed a lot of convincing lite blue fake signatures on eBay.
    The color reminds me of the old mimeograph blue from years past.
    Also, noticed they have sort of a felt pen smear look in stead of ballpoint, very odd looking but convincing.
    ....Has anybody else noticed what I'm "trying" to explain?

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

They might be using an Autopen. (Just a guess)

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    My thoughts EXACTLY.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    My thoughts EXACTLY.
    +1

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow. That's low
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    Also, noticed they have sort of a felt pen smear look in stead of ballpoint, very odd looking but convincing.
    Any chance you have a link to an example?
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by surly View Post
    Any chance you have a link to an example?
    That would help me too.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Is this what you mean? I've seen quite a few that look like this. And I've seen that other seller's are flipping his copies.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STEPHEN-KING...p2047675.l2557
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Is this what you mean? I've seen quite a few that look like this. And I've seen that other seller's are flipping his copies.

Perfect example, as a matter of fact that particular copy was up for resale resently by another seller.
    One of the particulars I found interesting about the "Stephen" in the signature of this book is the exactness in which it's duplicated on a few others floating around (same color pen) but... the last part of the signature "King" changes to match the approximate year of signature for that particular book.
    Sorry if this seems confusing, obviously I'm not a professional on this matter.
    I also want to make clear that I'm not claiming these as forgeries, I just find these very suspect.
    In addition, these lite blue copies remind me of the disappearing ink copies that were up for sale here a few years ago.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Perfect example, as a matter of fact that particular copy was up for resale resently by another seller.
    One of the particulars I found interesting about the "Stephen" in the signature of this book is the exactness in which it's duplicated on a few others floating around (same color pen) but... the last part of the signature "King" changes to match the approximate year of signature for that particular book.
    I also want to make clear that I'm not claiming these as forgeries, I just find these very suspect.
    In addition, these lite blue copies remind me of the disappearing ink copies that were up for sale here a few years ago.
    The seller of that book is Allstarbooks, a known peddler of forged shit.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Cook, could you elaborate on the disappearing ink books? I have never heard of this and would like to learn more. thanks
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Off topic: I miss the smell of mimeograph. Sniffing the page was always the best part of a test.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Cook, could you elaborate on the disappearing ink books? I have never heard of this and would like to learn more. thanks
    "Disappearing ink" is a phrase that seemed to stick in my mind because of how they appeared to me.
    The phrase disappearing ink might have been mentioned by somebody here on the site as well, my memory is not the best.
    A few years ago a known seller on this site had quite a few for sale that "I" thought looked suspect because all of the signatures appeared ghostlike.

Country
    Country Flag

"Disappearing ink" is a phrase that seemed to stick in my mind because of how they appeared to me.
    The phrase disappearing ink might have been mentioned by somebody here on the site as well, my memory is not the best.
    A few years ago a known seller on this site had quite a few for sale that "I" thought looked suspect because all of the signatures appeared ghostlike.
    Thanks, I am so skeptical of any signature NOT signed in from of me.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

How is this even possible ?
    But they both come with COA's, so obviously they're good.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FIRST-EDITIO...wAAOSw4CFYz~Dg
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/FIRST-EDITIO...kAAOSwsW9Yz~Bf

Does anybody have access to video on "Auto-penning"
    This is all I could find:
    http://www.signaturemachine.com/

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Not sure how accurate it is, but this guy posted a YouTube video supposedly showing how to spot things signed with an auto pen.

Edit: seems like he basically just uses photoshop to lay the suspect signature on top of another to see if the match exactly. I guess if you did that with these ghost blue ones they should.

https://youtu.be/Kf5sqhP3u18

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Gunslinger Apprentice redsoxfan565 is on a distinguished road

How is this even possible ?
    But they both come with COA's, so obviously they're good.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FIRST-EDITIO...wAAOSw4CFYz~Dg
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/FIRST-EDITIO...kAAOSwsW9Yz~Bf

Does anybody have access to video on "Auto-penning"
    This is all I could find:
    http://www.signaturemachine.com/
    Those are most certainly autopenned. The signatures are exactly the same.

One of the key things to look for in autopens, is how the pen picks up and specifically dots on certain points of a signature. Its tough with King, because of the type of pen he usually uses the ink flows to dots at times, but it becomes clear when there is more of a pool at the end of letters.

Many politicians use autopens, certain celebrities, and atheletes do as well. Arnold Palmer was known to have multiple autopen "matrices" which would basically be a plate that they put into the machine with a different signature style to make them look different.

If you look at this auction, you can tell right away what I am talking about with the dots at the end of the letters:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/BARACK-OBAMA...wAAOSwo4pYNy9O

If you look at the middle of the B, you will see the dot where the autopen machine pooled the ink. A regular signature you don't see that, because it is all one motion and not a start/stop motion of the machine.

Country
    Country Flag

I cropped both pictures for comparison. They are exactly the same.

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Even if I hadn't seen them both together, the uniform thickness of the pen stroke is another 'tell' lending credibility to the autopen theory.
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

It's also quite large
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Country
    Country Flag

It's also quite large
    HUGE!
    OR YUGE! IF YOU PREFER

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    It's also quite large
    HUGE!
    OR YUGE! IF YOU PREFER
    No, not huge. It looks bigly though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 391 of 462 FirstFirst ... 291 341 381 389 390 391 392 393 401 441 ... LastLast