Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 380 of 462 FirstFirst ... 280 330 370 378 379 380 381 382 390 430 ... LastLast
Results 9,476 to 9,500 of 11535

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey all. I'm not sure where else to ask this but could some of you give me some tips on the best way to sell on eBay? NO, I am not selling my books or opening an eBay business. I have a whole mess of vinyl records that are mostly horror soundtracks that I'm thinking of selling. I just don't listen to them enough(most have never been listened to) and would rather put my money elsewhere(books!). I want to sell them as a lot and not individually because there are too many and I don't have the time. I sold some DVD's and stuff a few years ago just to clear them out but I'm no expert by far on the matter. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you!

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I sell a bunch on there. It's real easy to get started. Especially if you have a paypal account.
    Just go to Ebay.com and click on selling.
    Real easy!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Vinyl is heavy. Shipping is expensive and grading is tough.
    I'd look for a local shop first.
    If not, then look on ebay for what you consider to be the 10 most valuable.
    Don't look at for sale prices, look at actual sold prices.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

I'm not sure this is the best thread to ask this question!

"Hey, I'm going to be a questionable seller, so what tricks can I use to scam people..." Haha

But, seriously, another thing to think about is do you want to sell them as ONE big lot that will probably make you less money, but will let you sell them all at once and be done with it...OR do you sell them as single albums which makes more money, but over a longer time and with the added hassle of multiple shipments.

Neither is better or worse, but something to consider about what your time's worth to you.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post
    Guy bought it for $340 last week....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Wind-Thr...sAAOSwHoFXsdjz

Wonder if ever sold the Plant set he scored awhile back?

Blatant, un-apologetic gouging......Hope it sits there forever. For that price, likely will.
    The set with the scribbled out names? He lowered the price to $8500 and relisted it.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-PLANT-Vo...oAAOSwbYZXcb0T
    He also has this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHARLIE-THE-...oAAOSwtnpXoR5Q

Not sure how he can say the other two signatures are part of the book.

But hey, its on sale for $100 off.
    Why would they destroy a perfectly good limited edition book?? And was the King sig cut out of a book too?
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    I'm not sure this is the best thread to ask this question!

"Hey, I'm going to be a questionable seller, so what tricks can I use to scam people..." Haha

But, seriously, another thing to think about is do you want to sell them as ONE big lot that will probably make you less money, but will let you sell them all at once and be done with it...OR do you sell them as single albums which makes more money, but over a longer time and with the added hassle of multiple shipments.

Neither is better or worse, but something to consider about what your time's worth to you.
    Lol, after going through this thread over the past few months one certainly would learn how to scam!
    I took Jerome's advice and checked for local shops and while there were a couple it was either store credit or way underpriced. I decided to list them as a lot because I just don't have the time to list each one individually and while I will undoubtedly get less money that way I am just not a frequent seller and when I'm ready to get rid of something I want it GONE. It's already up to a decent amount with 18 watchers and 5 days left so we'll see how it plays out......
    Thanks for chiming in fellas!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Feels odd. King didn't usually (if at all) do his "G" that way circa 1992.

STEPHEN KING THE DARK HALF - HAND SIGNED FIRST EDITION (Not a Bookplate) 1st/1st

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Feels odd. King didn't usually (if at all) do his "G" that way circa 1992.

STEPHEN KING THE DARK HALF - HAND SIGNED FIRST EDITION (Not a Bookplate) 1st/1st

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I agree. No bueno.

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What do you think of this one? I don't love it, but i've been wrong before:
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by surly View Post
    [URL=http://s846.photobucket.com/user/surly_pics/media/dont%20think%20so_zpsmrp53itu.jpg.html]
    I think that's a fake.
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered Eyes Of The Dragon
    Lettered The Stand
    BOMC signed Full Dark No Stars
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

To Quote Mr Jackson "No bueno."

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

虚假

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

If it's fake, it's very good.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Let me start by apologizing twice here..
    First, if these items have already been posted I apologize. A lot of pictures don't show up on my work computer.
    Second, also due to my work computer I cannot get on eBay(apparently the government doesn't like auctioning during work hours as you can see it doesn't stop me from here!) Anyway, there are two signed Cell's up right now but I can't post the links. If one or two kind souls have a minute could you check and see what you think of the sigs? One has a starting bid of around $50 I believe and the other is a BIN of $599(which I would NOT pay, I would make an offer)This one also has a pic of SK signing but ya never know.....
    Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks! I missed the one David had so am in search of another.....
    Speaking of eBay there is a Frankenstein S/L up for over $800 This is one I've been after for quite some time but that's too much for that. Thought about making an offer of under $500 but that practically cuts it in half so pretty sure the answer will be NO. Lol.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Lori, the tiggermew one is definitely not authentic. All of their sold books are forgeries too. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King-CELL-Signed-2006-First-Edition-First-Printing

I don't much like the other one either. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King-CELL-Signed-Book-In-Person-With-PROOF-Horror-Author-Legend-RARE
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Lori, the tiggermew one is definitely not authentic. All of their sold books are forgeries too. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King-CELL-Signed-2006-First-Edition-First-Printing

I don't much like the other one either. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King-CELL-Signed-Book-In-Person-With-PROOF-Horror-Author-Legend-RARE
    I'm with Brian. I have no doubt the first is fake. The second is rushed and messy, but may be authentic - I still wouldn't want it in my collection.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks so much guys. That first one looked pretty sketchy and I was uneasy with the second one as well but wanted to get some opinions to be sure. Much appreciated!

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think the second one is probably legit. But it is rushed and fugly.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone have successful transactions with this seller?
    Singapore seems a strange place to have so many King books.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/honvie/m.htm...p2047675.l2562

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I thought the same thing. I've not purchased from him, but I've messaged him re an item that's now sold. He seems to have appropriate knowledge of his King stuff and his ebay feedback is good.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I stayed away... shipping is crazy to Canada even though some of the books are going for GOOD prices.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post

I'm with Brian. I have no doubt the first is fake. The second is rushed and messy, but may be authentic - I still wouldn't want it in my collection.
    I am pretty sure the book for sale, and the book Stephen is signing in the picture aren't the same, as he is clearly signing at an angle, whereas the signature in the book for sale is parallel to the title.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post

I am pretty sure the book for sale, and the book Stephen is signing in the picture aren't the same, as he is clearly signing at an angle, whereas the signature in the book for sale is parallel to the title.
    Good eye. Even if that is his stock photo, that alone would be enough for me to stay away since it's clear he's representing that particular book as the one signed in the photo. Where there's smoke there's fire, and he's already suspicious out of the gate.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    If it's fake, it's very good.
    I do not love this signature, and would not buy it.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 380 of 462 FirstFirst ... 280 330 370 378 379 380 381 382 390 430 ... LastLast