Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 370 of 462 FirstFirst ... 270 320 360 368 369 370 371 372 380 420 ... LastLast
Results 9,226 to 9,250 of 11535

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Very ugly!

The photo is deliberately out of focus, but you can still see the "criminal tremor" in the signature. It's a truly shit forgery!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Although the pic shows a signature, no where does the listing say it's signed, nor whether it's a first printing. AVOID!!

John

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A limited first edition of this book has been published by Phantasia Press ???

sk

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes
    it is called ES
    in German
    very rare...

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Although the pic shows a signature, no where does the listing say it's signed, nor whether it's a first printing. AVOID!!

John
    It doesn't, but it does say "For use in schools and libraries only."

The listing is just for a cheap ex library book. Certainly not first edition and certainly not signed. That's why there are more than 10 copies available to buy for only $15 each.

The photo of Stephen King's signature and inscription is just deliberately misleading.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Pasiuk57 View Post
    Yes
    it is called ES
    in German
    very rare...
    Ahhh..forgot about that one!

sk

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

By far my worst eBay buying experience to date. Avoid eBay seller gohastings like the plague. Book was advertised as "Brand New" with one stock photo. That should have been my 1st clue. The 2nd should have been all the negative feedback. But, I've taken a chance with other sellers with questionable feedback with good results. This guy/gal/person just straight out sells trash. Shipped in a flimsy envelope with not padding whatsoever. Based on the condition of the book, the envelope was probably damaged before it was even mailed! PM your email if you want to see additional pics. Don't want to fill up a whole page here.

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Ouch! You're not having much luck recently, Brian. I recieved a couple recently wrapped in a single wrap of bubblewrap and then wrapped in brown paper. They did not arrive in as new condition either.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ouch! Been there - never nice.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    By far my worst eBay buying experience to date. Avoid eBay seller gohastings like the plague. Book was advertised as "Brand New" with one stock photo. That should have been my 1st clue. The 2nd should have been all the negative feedback. But, I've taken a chance with other sellers with questionable feedback with good results. This guy/gal/person just straight out sells trash. Shipped in a flimsy envelope with not padding whatsoever. Based on the condition of the book, the envelope was probably damaged before it was even mailed! PM your email if you want to see additional pics. Don't want to fill up a whole page here.
    That isn't a person you are dealing with but a retail chain that sells books, music, movies and video games. They are headquartered here in Amarillo, TX but operate over a hundred stores in the southwest, midwest and Rocky Mountain area. I'm not making excuses for them in any way but I suspect that they have a return policy and buyer protection with eBay. Their feedback is over 99% positive.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Bob. I'm sure they'll refund. They have a ton of negative feedback but it doesn't affect their overall that much since their feedback is over a million with over 1400 negative feedbacks left in the past 12 months. Still no excuse to mail out trash like they did. Someone had to physically place this dirty, filthy book inside an envelope and mail it. Serious lack of QC. Maybe they should stay out of the collectable book business and focus on other media.

BTW, do we have a thread for positive experiences and recommended eBay sellers/dealers? Thanks!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Bob. I'm sure they'll refund. They have a ton of negative feedback but it doesn't affect their overall that much since their feedback is over a million with over 1400 negative feedbacks left in the past 12 months. Still no excuse to mail out trash like they did. Someone had to physically place this dirty, filthy book inside an envelope and mail it. Serious lack of QC. Maybe they should stay out of the collectable book business and focus on other media.

BTW, do we have a thread for positive experiences and recommended eBay sellers/dealers? Thanks!
    Recommended bookdealers

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Jerome. Have had some good experiences of late as well and want to share those as well.

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Ouch man. That book is thrashed

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by HONKYTONKSMASH View Post
    Oh you should see the other photos I took, Chad for the return. The DJ is dirty and sticky to the touch like some two year old was playing with it at lunch.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HONKYTONKSMASH View Post
    Oh you should see the other photos I took, Chad for the return. The DJ is dirty and sticky to the touch like some two year was playing with it at lunch.
    There is no excuse for that book to have been sent out. The big chains (Amazon, B&N and, in this case, Hastings) don't usually cater to finicky collectors like us and don't pack books for shipping like we are used to. But I continue to order new books from Amazon because of the lower prices. Sometimes I get a great copy, sometimes not. But I have never had an experience like yours, Brian, and I hope you get it resolved quickly.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Item 141940934779 : I don't even know where to begin with this one…from the bad sig, to the signed and numbered of 200 limitation run when there is no numbering in the book ( and no such limitation done, especially with bookclub editions), to King's name misspelled on the COA, to the 0 feedback, to the...well, it's just a wealth of shenanigans.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    There is no excuse for that book to have been sent out. The big chains (Amazon, B&N and, in this case, Hastings) don't usually cater to finicky collectors like us and don't pack books for shipping like we are used to. But I continue to order new books from Amazon because of the lower prices. Sometimes I get a great copy, sometimes not. But I have never had an experience like yours, Brian, and I hope you get it resolved quickly.
    Thanks, Bob. Appreciate that. I too have ordered from Amazon with mostly success. Since it's extremely rare to get a photo of the actual book to be purchased; I still at times get the blank stare email reply when I ask if a book is a 1st/1st. The differences are notably clear between "a retailer" vs. "a book dealer" or purchasing from a private collector. I've had that most success with the latter regarding older copies especially.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    Item 141940934779 : I don't even know where to begin with this one…from the bad sig, to the signed and numbered of 200 limitation run when there is no numbering in the book ( and no such limitation done, especially with bookclub editions), to King's name misspelled on the COA, to the 0 feedback, to the...well, it's just a wealth of shenanigans.
    Sweet baby Jesus...

"Wealth of shenanigans"...

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't know, it seems fishy, but the COA says it's real! Hahaha, good god. The person who buys it should have that COA professionally framed. They wouldn't want it to get smudged or creased after flushing a thousand dollars down the ol' eBay forgery toilet.

Country
    Country Flag

Can you provide a link to this item?

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Lol. It's pretty bad. Perhaps Stevan King did sign it.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for providing the link to this, Brian!

That has to be one of the worst attempts at a forgery I have ever seen on eBay!!!! Fake signature, Fake home made "Stephan King" COA and then trying to claim that a BCE is limited to 200 copies! Utter shit!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 370 of 462 FirstFirst ... 270 320 360 368 369 370 371 372 380 420 ... LastLast