Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 367 of 462 FirstFirst ... 267 317 357 365 366 367 368 369 377 417 ... LastLast
Results 9,151 to 9,175 of 11535

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Until there is a bid, sellers can make revisions (I've made a ton of mistakes-all honest, when posting Fundraiser items).
    Not sure how (other than ebay, PP protection) a winner could say they saw a pic at x time and bid 3 seconds after x time, not realizing the seller made a change at x plus 2 seconds. Best thing would be a bid retraction long before the auction ended.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I didn't see any part of the auction, but based on the description here I'm wondering if the seller hotlinked someone else's photo and the other person swapped it out for a blatantly horrid sig to teach a lesson. Then the seller, lessen learned, posted his own photo. Just a wild guess.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    I didn't see any part of the auction, but based on the description here I'm wondering if the seller hotlinked someone else's photo and the other person swapped it out for a blatantly horrid sig to teach a lesson. Then the seller, lessen learned, posted his own photo. Just a wild guess.
    Would ebay allow a hotlink swap after a bid?

If so, that's a flaw in the system favoring the seller.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Probably not after a bid. I wasn't real clear on the timeline of events, honestly. Just brainstorming.

Traveler Smilja0 is on a distinguished road

Guys, there's a seller on Abebooks.com and I was looking into buying the book. I'd just need your more,...''expert'' opinion on whether this signature is real or fake. Its from bag of bones Hodder & Stoughton edition

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Smilja0 View Post
    Guys, there's a seller on Abebooks.com and I was looking into buying the book. I'd just need your more,...''expert'' opinion on whether this signature is real or fake. Its from bag of bones Hodder & Stoughton edition
    It's a horrible "K", but I think it is genuine. He signed many thousands of these when he visited the UK in 1998. It is the cheapest UK signed book. Don't pay much for it.

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smilja0 View Post
    It's a horrible "K", but I think it is genuine. He signed many thousands of these when he visited the UK in 1998. It is the cheapest UK signed book. Don't pay much for it.
    Agreed, it matches style of his signature on my signed UK copy!
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I just had an eBay member buy one of my listed books.

Normally I would be happy to see something sold. In this case though I was less than thrilled.

I purchased a book from the same eBay member, with a forged King signature, in December. I gave the seller negative feedback stating that the signature was a forgery and that the seller was committing fraud. I opened a case and returned the book. My refund was delayed because PayPal waited for an echeck to clear. It didn't clear. They waited a second time. It again didn't clear. I filed another complaint and eBay issued the refund.

Now today this same person purchased an old cookbook from me. It was the cheapest item I had listed. I believe that they intended to give me negative feedback. I canceled the order. I blocked the member from purchasing from me again. When I looked at his profile page I noticed that he is "following" me as a seller.

I think this person has more than one username. I'm carefully monitoring my sales.

I think perhaps I will notify eBay about this.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    I just had an eBay member buy one of my listed books.

Normally I would be happy to see something sold. In this case though I was less than thrilled.

I purchased a book from the same eBay member, with a forged King signature, in December. I gave the seller negative feedback stating that the signature was a forgery and that the seller was committing fraud. I opened a case and returned the book. My refund was delayed because PayPal waited for an echeck to clear. It didn't clear. They waited a second time. It again didn't clear. I filed another complaint and eBay issued the refund.

Now today this same person purchased an old cookbook from me. It was the cheapest item I had listed. I believe that they intended to give me negative feedback. I canceled the order. I blocked the member from purchasing from me again. When I looked at his profile page I noticed that he is "following" me as a seller.

I think this person has more than one username. I'm carefully monitoring my sales.

I think perhaps I will notify eBay about this.
    I'm sorry to hear about this, Brian. The buyer/seller sounds like utter scum! Notifying eBay is definitely the right thing to do.

It might be a good idea to post details of this and actually name the eBay user in question, over on the "Seller/Buyers to avoid like the plague" thread.

I would certainly like to know this person's eBay user name, so that I can block him too!

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Good idea. I forgot about that thread.

I did link to the seller's feedback page.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And tonight's contestant on "Let's Play eBay BS" is.... hollywoodmintscripts

"This auction is for a very rare mint color copy of an autographed CARRIE Movie Script with the signatures of these 5 stars:"

Stephen King

Sissy Spacek

John Travolta

Amy Irving

P.J. Soles

So rare in fact, that hollywoodmintscripts only wants $14.99 as a BIN!!! Wow! This must be a real bargain, folks!! LOL! LOL!

Just in case you haven't already guessed, the signatures on this are ALL truly shit!!! LOL!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Carrie-Signed-Movie-Script-X5-Stephen-King-Sissy-Spacek-John-Travolta

I love how hollywoodmintscripts states in the listing "I also have access to almost any script you might be interested in signed or otherwise. Just send me an email and I can track it down and get it listed on ebay".

It's bloody obvious that he's just signing these himself!! What a complete

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

He doesn't claim the signatures are real. He states it is a color copy of a script. It is even listed in the reprint category.

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Another copy of It ruined by a crappy forgery. Friggen shame.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/IT-SIGNED-BY...kAAOSw5dNWoKLl

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    He doesn't claim the signatures are real. He states it is a color copy of a script. It is even listed in the reprint category.
    He doesn't state that the signatures are fake either. The fact that it's a color copy of a script and listed as a reprint, is irrelevant. The signatures are not facsimile, they are pure forgeries. THAT is what makes his listing bullshit!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post
    Another copy of It ruined by a crappy forgery. Friggen shame.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/IT-SIGNED-BY...kAAOSw5dNWoKLl
    georgiaantiques is a notorious peddler of shit on eBay! AVOID!!!

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    He doesn't state that the signatures are fake either. The fact that it's a color copy of a script and listed as a reprint, is irrelevant. The signatures are not facsimile, they are pure forgeries. THAT is what makes his listing bullshit!!!
    It looks like the folks buying his scripts don't seem to care, as he has sold a lot of reprint scripts. I think most know the sigs are not real. Most people are probably buying it for the script itself.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    It looks like the folks buying his scripts don't seem to care, as he has sold a lot of reprint scripts. I think most know the sigs are not real. Most people are probably buying it for the script itself.
    I certainly hope they are - over 300 sold in the past year. If i spent that amount of time printing the scripts, and a color picture on the front sheet, and the color markers, and the time to learn how to poorly scribble hundred of actors names - I think I would charge at least $25 - thats a lot of effort, paper and printer costs...plus their hands surely are cramping

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks like a new user ID for someone to peddle forgeries.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cell-Stephen...4AAOSwe7BWyjh0

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I hate this seller: vinylrecordsus. His King Posts. He always sells trash books and infringed copyrighted items. I have reported him over and over and eBay does nothing. I just emailed Robert Wiener so lets see what Grant Books has to say.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    I hate this seller: vinylrecordsus. His King Posts. He always sells trash books and infringed copyrighted items. I have reported him over and over and eBay does nothing. I just emailed Robert Wiener so lets see what Grant Books has to say.
    I am not remotely interested in any of the listings that he currently has but I don't see why the hatred. I think his rebound Dark Tower books use text blocks from Plume and Signet editions; not Donald Grant first editions. Is it the facsimile dust jackets that you find objectionable? I'm not trying to be critical; just asking what is upsetting to you. To me it just looks like a bunch of junk and whoever buys it is not very smart.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    I am not remotely interested in any of the listings that he currently has but I don't see why the hatred. I think his rebound Dark Tower books use text blocks from Plume and Signet editions; not Donald Grant first editions. Is it the facsimile dust jackets that you find objectionable? I'm not trying to be critical; just asking what is upsetting to you. To me it just looks like a bunch of junk and whoever buys it is not very smart.
    Yes the DJs mostly are what bother me. I could care less about most the junk he sells. I don't like that he is blatantly taking copyrighted images to a Xerox machine and printing them to put on even bigger shit and sells them. Then the fact that eBay doesn't even care, yes i know they will never and sometimes I even understand why they don't step in about the sigs because they probably do not have the expertise to tell whether it is real or not but when the buy even says they are "facsimile" then there is no wondering if they are fake or not.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

The crap he sells irritates me too. And yes, it's primarily the ripped off jackets and shoddy cases that press my buttons.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

The facsimile dustjackets bother me, unless they are marked, "facsimile" somewhere on them.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Country
    Country Flag

I notified Pete at PS that his dustjackets were for sale on the internet. I can't recall if it was this seller or another with "facsimile" dustjackets. Pete filled out the forms for eBay to complain about it. They replied that only the rights-holder can have it taken down and that they had notified King's office.

Even the publisher can't make eBay act right. I don't see how King has the rights to the artwork. Perhaps if the artist themselves protested.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    I notified Pete at PS that his dustjackets were for sale on the internet. I can't recall if it was this seller or another with "facsimile" dustjackets. Pete filled out the forms for eBay to complain about it. They replied that only the rights-holder can have it taken down and that they had notified King's office.

Even the publisher can't make eBay act right. I don't see how King has the rights to the artwork. Perhaps if the artist themselves protested.
    I talked to Robert at Grant and he wasn't too worried about it. He said if they were trying to sell just the DJ he would care but since it's an unknown book with a fake DJ he isn't going to bother.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 367 of 462 FirstFirst ... 267 317 357 365 366 367 368 369 377 417 ... LastLast