Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 366 of 462 FirstFirst ... 266 316 356 364 365 366 367 368 376 416 ... LastLast
Results 9,126 to 9,150 of 11535

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by goheat View Post
    This is a fake, IMHO. Forger tried to use a similar blue pen like King, but failed! SIGNED Stephen King ~ FULL DARK, NO STARS

John

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Usually a legit seller but what about this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King...8AAOSwzgRWwG8m

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Usually a legit seller but what about this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King...8AAOSwzgRWwG8m
    I don't like that at all. Hesitation and "criminal tremor".

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

With lust? Is that the inscription? Haha
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    Well IT IS Valentine's Day! I guess the forger sorry, the seller oops, I mean the author must have gotten a bit carried away! LOL!

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    I didn't even notice that. I think the thing that caught my eye first was the date, even more so than the signature. Those aren't the way King's numbers look. Then I looked at the signature and confirmed (in my mind anyway) that the whole thing was bogus. I don't think I even read the inscription.

Hyraxia is beginning to really concern me. I know the owner (Simon, isn't it?) is a sometimes contributor to this website. He has had bogus listings before but has (to my knowledge) never addressed or defended them to TDT.org. I know he is a stand up guy and, I think, a nice guy. But he has listed too many bad King signatures without comment and I feel certain he knows that we have concerns.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

If someone is known to sell forgeries, he is not a "stand up guy" in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    If someone is known to sell forgeries, he is not a "stand up guy" in my eyes.
    Yeah, that is my concern too. I feel certain he knows that we have alerted members of this site about the most blatant forgeries he has put up for sale. And yet he has never taken them down or addressed our concerns. At least not that I am aware. He just leaves them up for sale knowing that they are bogus.

Anyone can make an honest mistake but I think I am seeing a pattern develop here.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

It is strange because he seems to have had a good reputation until just recently. I have had a few positive dealings with him. I wonder if he simply disagrees with the signatures being forgeries and therefore says nothing and continues to sell them. Or if in fact he knows but is disregarding it and still sells them. I keep coming back to how out of character it seems for him.

Gunslinger Apprentice Sovereign is on a distinguished road Sovereign's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Too good to be true? Not a lot of info was provided, but he has over 1000 positive feedback, no negative, and sells 1st editions, rare comic books, etc. I picked up up a few minutes after it was posted.
    "No two persons ever read the same book." - Edmund Wilson

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post

Too good to be true? Not a lot of info was provided, but he has over 1000 positive feedback, no negative, and sells 1st editions, rare comic books, etc. I picked up up a few minutes after it was posted.
    I asked the seller when posted....he refused to respond on jacket price or copyright page info. A good deal for sure (if it's a first).

You have every right to ask before he ships because his auction does say a first edition.

Mulleins

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Gunslinger Apprentice Sovereign is on a distinguished road Sovereign's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

I think there's more than enough info in the title that I can easily get my money back if it turns out not to be a real 1st. I guess it was worth a shot!
    "No two persons ever read the same book." - Edmund Wilson

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Holy shit. Possibly the worst attempt I have ever seen....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STEPHEN-KING...4AAOSwG-1WwoKV

Getting it on. at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post

I usually say nothing about sigs, but DAMN....that.is.horrible.

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I literally laughed coffee through my nostrils at that, Tim! Amazingly awful!
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Somebody bid on it....WTF people. Really?

Getting it on. at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

It literally looks like a connect-the-dot puzzle. Especially the picture of the backside of the sig page. wOw.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by at_one View Post

I usually say nothing about sigs, but DAMN....that.is.horrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by at_one View Post
    It literally looks like a connect-the-dot puzzle. Especially the picture of the backside of the sig page. wOw.
    Woah.... Hold up guys you got this one wrong! The seller has sold 1164 items and has a 100% positive feedback score, so it must be genuine right? LOL!

Gunslinger Apprentice Bunyip will become famous soon enough Bunyip will become famous soon enough Bunyip's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That is sooooo wrong! Listing ended for whatever reason...ridiculous effort.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    Is it just me, or did the seller change the signature picture?
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bunyip View Post
    That is sooooo wrong! Listing ended for whatever reason...ridiculous effort.
    Did someone made a side deal ???????

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    I'm not sure. I don't think you can change photos after bid was placed

Country
    Country Flag

I'm not sure. I don't think you can change photos after bid was placed
    Nope, same pic since the auction started. Somebody got a pretty good deal...

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

There was a photo change on 2/10. No telling what it was. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...p2047675.l2569
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Country
    Country Flag

Hmm, good catch. 1 Minute and 25 seconds AFTER the auction began, there was a photo revision (Add or Delete).

I started watching the auction like two minutes after that.....

Regardless, Buyer protected based on pic contained in listing when the auction ended.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 366 of 462 FirstFirst ... 266 316 356 364 365 366 367 368 376 416 ... LastLast