Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 362 of 462 FirstFirst ... 262 312 352 360 361 362 363 364 372 412 ... LastLast
Results 9,026 to 9,050 of 11535

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by idlewarnings View Post
    I don't like the middle signature.
    Ditto. I'm not sure what the sellers username is now, but that Iooks like a typical allstarbooks deal. He never mastered the loop. It's always too sharp.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

My first impression is that I don't like the middle one either. A picture of the whole page might help refine that opinion.

edit: I found the listing. Now I really don't like it! It is allstarbooks.

You should return it or burn it.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    My first impression is that I don't like the middle one either. A picture of the whole page might help refine that opinion.

edit: I found the listing. Now I really don't like it! It is allstarbooks.

You should return it or burn it.
    Do you have a link to that listing? I really want to see how truly horrific allstarbooks are....

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sure, I had meant to post it anyway.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-TALISMAN...p2047675.l2557

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post
    Blue is bad as far as I can tell from my cell phone! Looks like a lot of "stops and starts" throughout the sig.
    Yep, seeing it on a larger scale, both on my computer and the original eBay listing, not any good at all.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Blue is bad as far as I can tell from my cell phone! Looks like a lot of "stops and starts" throughout the sig.
    Yep, seeing it on a larger scale, both on my computer and the original eBay listing, not any good at all.
    And, from a scum seller. I'm not angry at EBay, Abe's, Amazon, etc. because they are just vehicles to move products. I'm disappointed in Kings office for not hiring (I've offered to do the job) a person to officially work on behalf of Kings business operation, and shut these scum down. The program works, King's office simply needs to get involved. If you want to see how it works, find a bootleg Star Wars item, place it on EBay, sit back and wait.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I think there is a difference between a bootleg item and a legit item with a forged signature.

I hate these guys too....but why would King's office pay someone to monitor this?.....what would be the ROI?
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Citizen of Gilead CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks everyone for giving your expert opinions. Sounds like I was duped on this one.

I checked their feedback and it was 100%, so didn't worry too much. No worries, I will deal with it (whether I return it or just keep it as an example of a fake one to show my friends). Only $100 and that's nothing really in the scheme of things with the value of my whole collection (King and others). It is frustrating that a business is being run on false pretenses and would not be viable EXCEPT for EBay enabling them and getting them the eyeballs and corresponding clients to dupe.

Curt

EDIT: I just blasted the seller and demanded a refund for "I don't believe this is authentic". Won't help, but I think they cover shipping back, so I will see if that is true and, if so, then maybe if we all buy the auctions and then continually return them on the seller's dime, it will slow it down? shrug...

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    I think there is a difference between a bootleg item and a legit item with a forged signature.

I hate these guys too....but why would King's office pay someone to monitor this?.....what would be the ROI?
    OK....I would do it for free.....why? Because I care.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CurtSeattle View Post
    Thanks everyone for giving your expert opinions. Sounds like I was duped on this one.

I checked their feedback and it was 100%, so didn't worry too much. No worries, I will deal with it (whether I return it or just keep it as an example of a fake one to show my friends). Only $100 and that's nothing really in the scheme of things with the value of my whole collection (King and others). It is frustrating that a business is being run on false pretenses and would not be viable EXCEPT for EBay enabling them and getting them the eyeballs and corresponding clients to dupe.

Curt

EDIT: I just blasted the seller and demanded a refund for "I don't believe this is authentic". Won't help, but I think they cover shipping back, so I will see if that is true and, if so, then maybe if we all buy the auctions and then continually return them on the seller's dime, it will slow it down? shrug...
    Sign "Albert Einstein" on the back side of the page with King's bogus signature, then return the book for a refund.

Citizen of Gilead CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CurtSeattle View Post

Curt

Sign "Albert Einstein" on the back side of the page with King's bogus signature, then return the book for a refund.
    LOL!! They already responded and I can print a shipping label and return it on their dime it looks like, so that costs them whatever listing/selling/shipping they get hit for after a return. Melissa is who responded and was very apologetic and said that most of their sales are consignment sales. (Same argument as EBay if you think of it). Sucks to get rid of my only signed The Talisman, but it was a crappy copy anyway and if it was signed by Bill McGullicutty in the style of Stephen King then not really giving up much anyway.

p.s. My apologies if anyone is named Bill McGullicutty, but I needed a random name!

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I'm glad you are sending it back, Curt. BTW, Melissa is full of s**t, IMO.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm sticking with the Albert Einstein suggestion. That and a full refund are a win/win.

Gunslinger Apprentice redsoxfan565 is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post

I think the problem I have is that Kings office has gone through so much trouble the last few national book tours with the random book lotteries for signed books, to avoid people selling them, that this would seem like a no brainer. They have gone out of their way to make the normal event for him random signed books, in an effort to sell more tickets to speaking venues, and to try and prevent autograph resellers from flipping the books.

Which in reality does the inverse of you want because you are creating more of a demand and less supply, which encourages forgeries more.

Why spend so much time on trying to stop people who legitimately want to stand in line for 4 hours getting his book signed to sell it, as opposed to creating some sort of group based on their office to help report and take down the sellers of these forged books? It doesn't make any sense, especially when we have seen the same 3-4 mass forgers continuously sell the same stuff for years.

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What a mess. Seller claims a Limited Edition IT with no # for sale and has included several supporting pics of the Gift Edition....

#WTF

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King...oAAOSwJkJWkr67
    Who here got it?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Someone for $699.
    Can't say who.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Because who the hell wants a book to go with their signature

http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/301853050435

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow...

King took the time to sign and date at Grisham event last night

http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/262251393987

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    Who ever forged it also used the same sharpie on the IT.

Mulleins

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I reported him. More should.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Not eBay, but possibly questionable:

http://bookrevue.com/rare.html

What do you guys think?

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Because who the hell wants a book to go with their signature

http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/301853050435
    LOL, seriously. Why buy a signed Revival for 200 dollars when you can spend 700 dollars for a signed chunk of one page from Revival?

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post

What do you guys think?
    That Dark Half is shit.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post

What do you guys think?

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree.

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 362 of 462 FirstFirst ... 262 312 352 360 361 362 363 364 372 412 ... LastLast