Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 360 of 462 FirstFirst ... 260 310 350 358 359 360 361 362 370 410 460 ... LastLast
Results 8,976 to 9,000 of 11537

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm no expert, but is someone just trying to cash in on the low supply here?

http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/181985704012

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post

Looks bad to me.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post

Looks bad to me.
    Not only does the signature look bad, it should also be noted that the seller has already received 3 lots of negative feedback on eBay for selling FAKE autographs....

http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=alltimegreataut hentics&myworld=true&items=25&iid=-1&de=off&which=negative&interval=365

So yeah, that's one seller to avoid for sure!

Gunslinger Apprentice ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

This is the same seller David from Bett's said he bought one from. Intriguing king pg749 post 18724, any difference between the two.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm sceptical on this sig.... Don't like it.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think it's rushed and ugly but authentic.

Getting it on. at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Even if it is legit, would you really want a sig that ugly?

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by idlewarnings View Post
    I think it's rushed and ugly but authentic.

Agreed.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by at_one View Post
    I would!

sk

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

More to the point, would you want to take the risk by buying it from a seller who has already received 3 lots of negative feedback on eBay, for selling fake autographs?

For me, the issue of whether that signature is ugly or not becomes irrelevant. I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    More to the point, would you want to take the risk by buying it from a seller who has already received 3 lots of negative feedback on eBay, for selling fake autographs?

For me, the issue of whether that signature is ugly or not becomes irrelevant. I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole!
    Agreed. I'd really like to have a signed Bazaar of Bad Dreams, but I do have my limitations. For me, the "red flag" was the COA.

John

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post

But they have received 934 positives.

Look....you cannot make all the people happy all of the time.....this seller has done a pretty good job in my opinion....in fact a great one.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

With 3,700 or more transactions, a few negatives are bound to happen. 99.6% is 4 complaints per 1,000 transactions.

Traveler alltimegreatauthentics will become famous soon enough

Hello all,

I'm the seller of this book, I was given a heads up about this thread today, and felt the need to join and defend myself and our reputation.

This signature is 100% authentic, just as the one I sold another member was last week. With the help of my family, we obtained four Stephen King signatures on December 27th, 2015. He was standing up and it was dark outside, which I'm sure partially explains the lesser quality signature than members receive at his book signing events. My brother and I obtain autographs part time to pay for school, and while that business is frowned upon here, sometimes rightfully so, these books are legit.

My feedback speaks for itself, although I am still working with eBay to admonish the negative comments claiming autographs we sold were counterfeit. Every signature we have listed we witnessed being signed, so even if you're not interested in purchasing, please consider that before reporting the King signatures I've obtained to eBay.

Thanks,

Matt

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by alltimegreatauthentics View Post
    Hello all,

I'm the seller of this book, I was given a heads up about this thread today, and felt the need to join and defend myself and our reputation.

This signature is 100% authentic, just as the one I sold another member was last week. With the help of my family, we obtained four Stephen King signatures on December 27th, 2015. He was standing up and it was dark outside, which I'm sure partially explains the lesser quality signature than members receive at his book signing events. My brother and I obtain autographs part time to pay for school, and while that business is frowned upon here, sometimes rightfully so, these books are legit.

My feedback speaks for itself, although I am still working with eBay to admonish the negative comments claiming autographs we sold were counterfeit. Every signature we have listed we witnessed being signed, so even if you're not interested in purchasing, please consider that before reporting the King signatures I've obtained to eBay.

Thanks,

Matt
    Welcome, Matt. Just who is producing your COAs and what guarantees do you provide?

John

Traveler alltimegreatauthentics will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post

Welcome, Matt. Just who is producing your COAs and what guarantees do you provide?

John
    We provide our own COA, which I acknowledge is only worth the reputation of our business. On top of that, we guarantee it will pass any third party authentication company such as PSA or JSA. I am confident they would be able to tell our SK signatures are authentic, but if they weren't sure, we offer a full refund.

We are planning on having many items in our inventory authenticated by PSA in the coming year, but I can't give an exact timetable for when that will happen.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Hello all,

Thanks,

Matt
    Hi Matt,
    Just because someone says something, it doesn't mean it's true. A COA is a waste of time unless it is linked to a video clip or unrefutable evidence of the actual item. Word-of-mouth is not an acceptable form of verification in the world of collecting.
    The above applies to every type of collecting whether its antiques, artwork or collectables.

Gunslinger Apprentice idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

John
    We provide our own COA, which I acknowledge is only worth the reputation of our business. On top of that, we guarantee it will pass any third party authentication company such as PSA or JSA. I am confident they would be able to tell our SK signatures are authentic, but if they weren't sure, we offer a full refund.

We are planning on having many items in our inventory authenticated by PSA in the coming year, but I can't give an exact timetable for when that will happen.
    I've seen more garbage Stephen King signatures on eBay with PSA stickers than legitimate ones. In my opinion, a PSA sticker is more of a guarantee of fraud than authenticity. I wouldn't waste your money.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

If someone told me, in order for my collection to be legit I had to get JSA or PSA certifications, I would give my $250,000 valued art and book collection away. I've seen more fraud committed by JSA and PSA than I have seen forged signatures on Abe, Ebay, and Craig's List combined.

I respect your business, and have purchased from repuitable people like yourself, so I am in no way saying the signatures are forged, in fact, after looking at your current King offerings, they are legit. What I'm saying, don't put the reputation of your families business on JSA or PSA because serious collectors laugh eveytime it's mentioned.

With all that said Matt, welcome to our site. Please share with us your stories of how the signatures come about. Sometimes the stories of how obtained are nicer than the signature itself.

Ralph Mulleins
    Virginia
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Matt, both those services put a sticker on the title page of the book. With most serious collectors, this defaces the book, seriously devaluing the volume.

John

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Matt, both those services put a sticker on the title page of the book. With most serious collectors, this defaces the book, seriously devaluing the volume.

John
    I agree. I would never buy a book however desirable with such a sticker inside.
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered Eyes Of The Dragon
    Lettered The Stand
    BOMC signed Full Dark No Stars
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

COAs

100% guarantee
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post

John
    I agree. I would never buy a book however desirable with such a sticker inside.
    I third that. I don't want any sticker in or on a book.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Who would want that sticker on? Surely nobody would.... I also would like to know how they value the books they get signed.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Value would likely be what the market will bear.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 360 of 462 FirstFirst ... 260 310 350 358 359 360 361 362 370 410 460 ... LastLast