Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 333 of 462 FirstFirst ... 233 283 323 331 332 333 334 335 343 383 433 ... LastLast
Results 8,301 to 8,325 of 11535

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    This guy is selling garbage:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Shinning...item463ef8aa2f

Also, check out the junk sold by him.

I really wish King would start putting his foot down and letting a team take control on removing these sellers.

Mulleins

I know what you mean, Ralph!!!!! Shit, I'd do it for a pound of Linser Tarts, but thats just me!!!!! LOL
    Ahhhhhhhhh!!!!! Rasberry "Linser Tarts" I would work for that.

On another board (name not to be mentioned) they put so much effort into discussing how to stop people selling King signed editions from events, they should really focus on removing forged copies being sold by criminals. Not just Ebay. The team should investigate any questionable signed copy brought to the appointed teams attention.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Someone say, Linser? LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I think they are all good but the sig on The Shining is harder to see and I would like to see a closer larger photo.

Also on the 'Salem's Lot the seller states that it is a third state dj but since it is price clipped you can't be sure it is not from a much later printing (i.e. $14.95 for example).

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Hey guys, what do you make of these?

STEPHEN-KING-Salems-Lot-SIGNED-FIRST-EDITION
    Ex-Library book so I would say it’s over priced

It looks like a book club dust jacket that was cut to look like a 3rd state DJ, so again overpriced.
    “Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.”
    — Roland Deschain

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

These two gems are from the same seller... They are both

Stephen-King-Needful-Things-Signed-1991-1st-1st-Like-New

1985-Stephen-King-Skeleton-Crew-Signed-First-Edition-Horror-Suspense-Thriller

In fact, I have just found some interesting "feedback" on this seller...

"Conducts criminal fraud on ebay. Deliberately describes low grade reproduction!"

Mmmm.... Classy!

feedback.ebay.userid=georgiaantiques negative

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, this guy has been on my radar for a while. I really don't understand why King's camp won't step up on this.

All I need to help is a letter from King's attorney along with permission to use it. I know the behind the scenes procedure for working with EBay on it.

This garbage would become obsolete in 60 days.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, this guy has been on my radar for a while. I really don't understand why King's camp won't step up on this.

All I need to help is a letter from King's attorney along with permission to use it. I know the behind the scenes procedure for working with EBay on it.

This garbage would become obsolete in 60 days.

Mulleins
    It may be contractual, Ralph. I'm sure he gives rights to S&S that are theirs to enforce or not with regard to recent publications. The older titles and signatures he may simply not care or want to appear to to overtly endorse their continued trade.

He's always seemed to me to be a "funny duck" in this regard, but that's just one man's opinion.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

King owns his signature. He could certainly issue a take down notice. It seems that, for whatever reason, he doesn't want to do so.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    King owns his signature. He could certainly issue a take down notice. It seems that, for whatever reason, he doesn't want to do so.
    I probably didn't phrase that response quite the way I intended. I was trying to allude to more of a "focus of efforts" mandate than anything else and still being on the mend I should probably just STFU!!! LOL My response may have been mixed with a little Hydro-some stuff or other. Weeeeeee!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

I probably didn't phrase that response quite the way I intended. I was trying to allude to more of a "focus of efforts" mandate than anything else and still being on the mend I should probably just STFU!!! LOL My response may have been mixed with a little Hydro-some stuff or other. Weeeeeee!!!
    LOL!

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Merlin1958 again".

Can someone give Bill, some rep points please? I have to "spread it around" a bit first... LOL!

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

LOL!

Can someone give Bill, some rep points please? I have to "spread it around" a bit first... LOL!
    Haha....I got the same message.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I gave him some love.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I gave him some love.

I just gave you some

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

And just gave Ralph some.

I need to spread it around before I can give it to Merlin and T Dogz again though.

Country
    Country Flag

LOL!

Haha....I got the same message.
    I gave him some love.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    I just gave you some

And just gave Ralph some.

I need to spread it around before I can give it to Merlin and T Dogz again though.
    Thanks guys, you all ROCK!!!!

Let's all go and spread some love around the forum, so we can then give Bill some rep... LOL!

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks guys, you all ROCK!!!!

Let's all go and spread some love around the forum, so we can then give Bill some rep... LOL!
    I have been spreading the love about and just received this message....

"You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later".

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I am feeling the love. I'm tired now.

Gunslinger Apprentice KingKorn will become famous soon enough KingKorn will become famous soon enough KingKorn's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired

I know there are a lot of certifying acronyms in the title of this listing, but that doesn't mean I don't question veracity of signatures myself. In fact, the more I see someone trying to convince me a sig is real, the more hesitant I become.

This one looks pretty good, but I just don't love it. Curious what the experts think?
    STEPHEN KING - Signed Authentic NEEDFUL THINGS BOOK HC/DJ - GAI GA GLOBAL COA

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by KingKornKarn View Post
    I know there are a lot of certifying acronyms in the title of this listing, but that doesn't mean I don't question veracity of signatures myself. In fact, the more I see someone trying to convince me a sig is real, the more hesitant I become.

This one looks pretty good, but I just don't love it. Curious what the experts think?
    STEPHEN KING - Signed Authentic NEEDFUL THINGS BOOK HC/DJ - GAI GA GLOBAL COA
    Even if the signature is good, the book has been defaced by the addition of the sticker on the right bottom of the title page. I'm not sure of the signature itself, though. The main problem I see is that it appears that the signature was signed by a different pen than the inscription.

John

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I stay away the "COA" books. To me, it doesn't mean much. I'd rather spend my money on signed books from reputable sellers/dealers I know. And like John says, there's that sticker which is a deal breaker even if the signature is genuine.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    Lol

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...obalID=EBAY-US

UP FOR BID IS THIS RARE STEPHEN KING <THE EYES OF THE DRAGON> HARDCOVER BOOK. THIS IS A VERY UNIQUE EDTION BECAUSE OF THE SILVER PRINT ON THE SPINE OF THE DUST COVER. AS YOU CAN SEE I COMPARED TWO BOOKS SIDE TO SIDE. I AM SELLING THE ONE WITH THE SILVER PRINT. YES DUST COVER HAS SOME WEAR AND BOOK IS IN LIKE NEW CONDITION. YOU WILL NOT FIND ANOTHER LIKE THIS ON EBAY.
    Haha! Maybe I should leave a copy in the sun and obtain this most rare variant!

I contacted the seller of this item and got a reply that stinks as much as his book!

This was my initial contact to the seller, bigdt94:

A silver print version of this book does not exist. What you have here, is a regular book that has become badly faded in the sun. It is neither rare or valuable.

Please amend your listing or I will be forced to contact eBay, as this item is not as described.

Regards,
    I received the following response from bigdt94, 10 minutes ago...

Hi, i appreciate your professional opinion on sun fading. I did not know you were an expert on stars. I have a simple rule of thumb. If you do not like it don't look at it. Mind your own affairs and move on. I know what kind of product I have. This is not not sun fading. Bye

- bigdt94
    My response to this pile of crap...

I am not an expert on stars. However, I AM an expert on Stephen King collectibles and the condition of books. I will not mind my own affairs, when it is clear YOU are attempting to mislead a potential buyer into thinking your sun faded worthless junk is valuable. Your attitude stinks as much as your wares. I will be in touch with eBay as previously advised.
    The guy is complete scum! I think we should all contact eBay, to let them know what kind of rubbish this fool is peddling. If enough of us do this, his item will get pulled!

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

What did you think the seller would say to you when you threatened him with a report to eBay in your first contact?

Did you expect him to to thank you?

You could have easily accomplished what you wanted to do without a threat.

If I had been on the receiving end of your emails, I would have responded much less pleasantly.

And do you really believe eBay is going to have their Research Team jump on this to validate your claim?
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 333 of 462 FirstFirst ... 233 283 323 331 332 333 334 335 343 383 433 ... LastLast