Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 325 of 462 FirstFirst ... 225 275 315 323 324 325 326 327 335 375 425 ... LastLast
Results 8,101 to 8,125 of 11535

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jay127 View Post
    I don't like it myself. I think it's forged, and signature looks shady exactly like this seller's other items.
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

John

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

All her auctions are highly suspect. She has been known for this in West Virginia.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

No bueno.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    No bueno.
    Muy no beueno.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

"One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Other than her reputation, what in this signature makes it look suspect? Does the swoop need to be down farther than it is?
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TCCBodhi View Post
    Other than her reputation, what in this signature makes it look suspect? Does the swoop need to be down farther than it is?
    There are a number of issues, beyond the reputation of the seller, the book is a BCE which is suspicious (low outlay for the seller) it's quite large and it actually looks like 'King' rather than 'Knig' which is more usual. No reserve is also an indicator that the seller believes the book has little value. Individually none of these things mean it's a fake, but all together...

There are other problems but most members do not wish to point them out for fear of forgers 'improving their work'
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am no expert, but the first thing to jump out at me was the 'King' rather than 'Knig' like Simon said. I think all my signatures say "Knig," so that was a big flag for me.

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's wrong on so many fronts...

Didn't even pass the initial "eye" test. Slant, cramped, S is horrible, King is a mess, and the "g" isn't even close.

Other than that, a nice attempt.

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Appreciate the clues. I think there are a couple there that will give me a good chance at identifying them myself, or at least taking my first assessment before asking. You are all being really patient with me this last few weeks while I'm hanging around here more. I'm grateful.
    WANTED

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post
    It's wrong on so many fronts...

Didn't even pass the initial "eye" test. Slant, cramped, S is horrible, King is a mess, and the "g" isn't even close.

Other than that, a nice attempt.
    I know what you mean about the "initial "eye" test".

As soon as I saw it I thought no.

I also agree that it is a fairly good attempt.

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Just awful and 17 bids??? This guy has tons of forgeries!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King...3D271881977510

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

John

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And 17 bids for this garbage? Amazing.

sk

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    And 17 bids for this garbage? Amazing.

sk
    Such is the state of the internet these days!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Spread between 4 bidders. It's a shame for the winner. I can't imagine how many forged books are out there on someone's shelf and they don't even realize it. The buyers need to visit TDT and get educated.

Country
    Country Flag

I think most peoples signatures pass the "scrawl" point of this one by the time they are in the 2nd grade.
    WANTED

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sgc1999 View Post
    Just awful and 17 bids??? This guy has tons of forgeries!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King...3D271881977510
    I sent him/her a polite request to pull the auction. Only 4 bidders and one or two looked to be very/fairly new. Maybe we'll get lucky and it will be pulled. Anyway, I hope to get an interesting reply, lol!

Country
    Country Flag

I reported all of these as forgeries a week ago.

eBay doesn't care and neither does the seller.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

As mentioned a few threads above, EBay is just an avenue to sell products. They don't have a team of experts looking at everything being sold. It's up to the buyer to check and double check.

Sometimes I run into a seller that thanks me for the professional input and removes the suspect signature. Sometimes I run into a complete jerk who has no problem ripping people off (it's the sad world we live in today). However, I have the satisfaction of at least knowing I tried.

Don't be too hard on EBay. Again, they are an avenue for selling. King could put a small team together and EBay would listen. That's what big conglomerates do when fake Gucci items show up. It's the same with the movie industry and bootleg movies show up.

eBay does contact the seller when someone reports. I know, I tested it....haha

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Country
    Country Flag

It's true that eBay doesn't care, but they SHOULD care because these bad transactions happening on their site do damage to THEIR reputation too, as minimally involved in it as they are. The real damage is me knowing that eBay has no interest in removing fraudulent sales makes me think twice about buying and selling through them..
    WANTED

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TCCBodhi View Post
    It's true that eBay doesn't care, but they SHOULD care because these bad transactions happening on their site do damage to THEIR reputation too, as minimally involved in it as they are. The real damage is me knowing that eBay has no interest in removing fraudulent sales makes me think twice about buying and selling through them..
    My comment is just my opinion. I like EBay and use it everyday. I've ran into fakes on Abe Books, Craig's List, etc. My opinion still stands, "it's up to the buyer to do their homework".

Mulleins

Country
    Country Flag

Absolutely, people should do their homework, and I'm sure the fakes show up everywhere. This is why I MAINLY stick to S/L editions. I haven't used the other book-specific sites. I'm just annoyed that eBay as the Walmart of the bunch has little interest in protecting THEIR reputation as long as there is a sale of some sort, which results in more and more fakes out there every day. I'm sure I'm rehashing old ground. I'll shut up now.
    WANTED

Country
    Country Flag

Caveat Emptor

That said hosting obvious forgeries seems, well, unseemly.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 325 of 462 FirstFirst ... 225 275 315 323 324 325 326 327 335 375 425 ... LastLast