Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 324 of 462 FirstFirst ... 224 274 314 322 323 324 325 326 334 374 424 ... LastLast
Results 8,076 to 8,100 of 11534

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    Wow! Hope the bidder isn't a member here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King...item1c5340dbaf

Mulleins
    LOL, that is a terribly bad attempt. Unfortunately, someone bid on this thinking it is real. He/she will find out soon that the signature is crap and that will turn him off on SK collecting forever. That's unfortunate for the potential collector but also for those of us who have collections. It is always better to have more SK collectors than fewer collectors -- for a myriad of reasons. But that's just MHO.

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TCCBodhi View Post
    Trying to learn to spot them better myself, just for kicks. Too much slant to the one above? Is there a strange indent on the 'p' as well?
    I'm not in the same league as Hutch, Shibus and carlosdetweiller when it comes to identifying forgeries, but I've seen a lot of signatures. I've been wrong but when I am uncertain, I ask for their opinions and others on the site. And I, like you, keep trying to get better at identifying the good vs. the bad.

IMO, the slant does not look right on that signature. The "loop" usually intersects the "s", "t" and "p" in Stephen but here it is well above those letters. I've also see a lot of "skipping" (not sure of a better description) in the same place where the loop starts going up and back. I'm hoping that some SOB has not forged a signature into an autopen signature.

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Don't give 'em any ideas that they don't already have. Waterstones already have that with their Facsimile Signatures. Thanks for the information. I'll keep watching the thread and the thumbs up & down.
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    We really need a "thumbs down" emoticon.

John
    Have 2 in mind. Waiting on Bob to approve the final design

John
    Here are the two:

Thanks to Bob for input.
    prefer the first - dont like the big ones (unless it's Krystle... )
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I also like the first better.

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

You can use either one. Both are now in the Smiies list.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

More choices of cool emoticons is always a good thing.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    You deserve the credit for these.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    He means Krystals big ones!

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

John

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ouch. One of the worst I've ever seen.

sk

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Signed in person. Must have been in person in a dream.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

From the same seller:

I'm surprised someone hasn't reported the Obama forged signature as a cross hair with bullet hole.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Barack-Obama...item27ff963748

However, maybe it's just what my eyes see.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I've reported it.

John

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Signed in person. Must have been in person in a dream.
    LOL, that's funny!

Terrible try -- nothing else to say.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

From the same seller:

I'm surprised someone hasn't reported the Obama forged signature as a cross hair with bullet hole.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Barack-Obama...item27ff963748

However, maybe it's just what my eyes see.

Mulleins
    Ahhh, Ralph you're just getting old!!! LOL LOL You just don't tolerate the nonsense the way you used to!!! LOL Forgery, sometimes appears to be the new and cool thing, unfortunately!!! Bastards!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

All his auctions are forged. Beware:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King...item1c5380b07a

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Saw those and was wondering about them. Thanks for the heads up.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

All his auctions are forged. Beware:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King...item1c5380b07a

Mulleins
    from his auction: "I will be listing over 30 more Stephen king books this week if you are after a certain book message me"

Read: "So I can forge a signature on it"...
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I reported them all for what that's worth.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

WHy does Ebay not stop this?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    WHy does Ebay not stop this?
    Money. Also, I'm sure they don't have someone that can authenticate either. I've contacted them several times about a book listed as a 1st/1st that isn't, and the seller, and no one gets back to me and the book is still up. Luckily no one has bought it, but that isn't the point. Same with signatures. I've reported them and nothing happens. The good news for people here is that the collectors are smart enough to see the fakes from the real ones and it helps the lesser experienced fans which should be greatly appreciated. I love reading and seeing the fakes or possibilities of them on this forum.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Ebay is just an avenue to sell products. As mentioned above, they don't have a team of experts looking at everything being sold. It's up to the buyer to check and double check.

Sometimes I run into a seller that thanks me for the professional input and removes the suspect signature. Sometimes I run into a complete jerk who has no problem ripping people off (it's the sad world we live in today). However, I have the satisfaction of at least knowing I tried.

Don't be too hard on EBay. Again, they are an avenue for selling. King could put a small team together and EBay would listen. That's what big conglomerates do when fake Gucci items show up. It's the same with the movie industry and bootleg movies show up.

eBay does contact the seller when someone reports. I know, I tested it....haha

Mulleins

Gunslinger Apprentice Jay127 will become famous soon enough Jay127 will become famous soon enough

+ Reply to Thread
Page 324 of 462 FirstFirst ... 224 274 314 322 323 324 325 326 334 374 424 ... LastLast