Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 316 of 462 FirstFirst ... 216 266 306 314 315 316 317 318 326 366 416 ... LastLast
Results 7,876 to 7,900 of 11535

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by goheat View Post
    I agree. And bookbid should know better. They are legit and have been around a long time.

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I do not understand why Bookbid has not done the right thing and pulled this ad.

Citizen of Gilead OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What does everybody think of this 1st/1st of Firestarter? Might be me, but something just seems to rub me the wrong way. Maybe it's the price?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Perhaps the rubbing on the dj or the previous owner having signed the FFE, or the dirty fingernails of the person taking the pictures,.....

FWIW, I think (seek at least 3 other valid opinions), the sig is legit.

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not a fan of that Firestarter sig.
    Could be legit, but something about it seems off to me...

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    This Australian seller just posted bunch of signed books starting at $1 with no reserve. I suspect they are good, but I'm not expert...

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?item=...d79684&_sop=10

"And shipping will be 35 standard not 6.00".....
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    I'm not a fan of any of those....
    Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    I'm not a fan of any of those....
    I agree. Stay away from all of them. The first one I clicked on was Song of Susannah and I thought at first glance that it might be OK. But I think all the rest are bad so it must be bad too. I vote "no" on all of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Something just feels wrong about all of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    You know it's questionable when a 1983 signature looks exactly the same as a 1994 signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    All 20 books look bogus to me.
    Thanks all. That's what I thought.

The seller pulled all the listings (did someone complained ??)

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OneFathom View Post
    What does everybody think of this 1st/1st of Firestarter? Might be me, but something just seems to rub me the wrong way. Maybe it's the price?
    FWIW, I don't like the signature for the following reasons:

1) The swirl crossing the "t" is not nearly as symmetrical as one usually finds. It goes up and then slides down at an angle. I’ve never seen a legit signature with an angle like that.

2) The “g” is way too wild for me. I’ve see ugly “g’s” before, but this one is too ugly for me.

3) The “8’s” in the date look to be too rigid, too forced. The top or bottom is generally smaller than the other one…maybe signifying King’s hurry to sign.

4) The date is much farther to the right than a usual date. Dates are usually more centered under the signature than the one in question here.

5) This seller tried to sell a terrible forged “IT” late in January. I just wouldn’t want this book in my collection – at any cost or with anyone's opinion of the signature’s legitimacy.

Look forward to reading other opinions.

LOL, Randall Flagg’s comment about the dirty fingernails!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I stand by my opinion that the sig is legit.
    Having looked at several examples of King dated signatures circa 1988, it matches.
    I hate everything else about the book, but I stand by my opinion.

I hope a few more "expert" or "time valued" opinions will be rendered.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Having looked at several examples of King dated signatures circa 1988, it matches.

I am on the fence on this one.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I am on the fence on this one.
    I wouldn't buy it. And I have a crick in my neck from his (probably intentional) sideways image with the signature. As mentioned above, the "g" in King isn't right. The "e's" in Stephen are too full. The loop in Stephen is off somehow. The numbers in the date don't ring true to me. King usually puts a period after the date. The whole thing just doesn't feel right.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Ebay makes it easy for a seller to rotate an image 90˚, so there is no excuse not to have it facing the right way.......my point is that you may be right that the seller intentionally did that so you can't easily look at it.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I think that one looks OK. What an unusual name in the inscription though! Gummersinda? Really?

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I think that one looks OK. What an unusual name in the inscription though! Gummersinda? Really?
    That's been listed four times before.

The strange name might have something to do with that.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    That's been listed four times before.

The strange name might have something to do with that.
    Yeah, it's legit, but the inscription will not attract many buyers, I'd agree.
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Is it me, or do signed BOB's come up more often than most?

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Thanks everyone, the "g" in King bothered me a bit but I was wrong and yes, what a unique name that is!

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Ebay makes it easy for a seller to rotate an image 90˚, so there is no excuse not to have it facing the right way.......my point is that you may be right that the seller intentionally did that so you can't easily look at it.
    I meant to mention that, as well. No excuse for the sideways view of the signature. He did the same thing with the signature pictures of "IT."

Quote Originally Posted by killjoy72 View Post
    Is it me, or do signed BOB's come up more often than most?
    You are probably right. King did several signings for Bag of Bones.

Citizen of Gilead OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi, everybody. I had a potential buyer ask me about the legitimacy of a book I'm selling. It's a flatsigned, 2nd printing of Wolves of the Calla (Grant). I'd love to get some feedback on it to assuage some of his concerns. I am confident in the signature, but I'm not a SK sig expert...yet. Thanks for the help!

LINK HERE

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks good to me!

John

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Looks good to me!

John
    I agree with John. It is legitimate!
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks fine. Too bad it's a second edition

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Actually, a really nice sig….

Looks fine to me too. King did a few signings for that book and I seem to remember that Scribner supplied second printings to one of the venues. I'll bet that book is from that signing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 316 of 462 FirstFirst ... 216 266 306 314 315 316 317 318 326 366 416 ... LastLast