Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 315 of 462 FirstFirst ... 215 265 305 313 314 315 316 317 325 365 415 ... LastLast
Results 7,851 to 7,875 of 11535

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Thanks for the feedback on the UTD book.
    Good luck, I hope you get that signed UTD, Paul. I love that book, and it took me until January to get a signed copy from Matt (Lot Guy)!
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by goheat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Thanks for the feedback on the UTD book.
    Good luck, I hope you get that signed UTD, Paul. I love that book, and it took me until January to get a signed copy from Matt (Lot Guy)!
    Thanks John, appreciate your comment. I'm actually in the middle of reading it finally.

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post
    Looks to be signed in slow motion. They messed up a nice copy.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

This is a warning for prospective and past buyers of CD's unbound proofs from ebay.

I was the highest bidder of an auction for The Dark Man Unbound earlier in the month from UK seller ashkent7. What arrived was not what was pictured in the auction photographs. This was obviously a scanned and copy of the original.

The differences of the copy were as follows:
    1). All the CD unbound proofs should be all the same size (as confirmed by John Hanic and Brian @ CD), they should be printed on 8 1/2" x 11 sized paper. This is the only sized paper CD are using in their office. The unbound copy that arrived was A4 sized ( 8 1/4" x 11 2/3").

2). The printing quality was inferior compared to the CD versions with transfer of wet ink from opposing pages and there was leaching of ink through the paper.

3). The drawings of the copy were not central to the page as with the proper CD proof due to the differing size of paper. The right hand side margin was disproportionally wider as a result.

These are some photos of the copy

I know of at least one other member than myself that has bought a copy of The Dark Man unbound proof from this seller as a second chance offer (due to my apparent non-payment!)
    So if anybody else has purchased one from this seller check it very carefully.

I just hope that this unpleasant occurrence does not discourage Brian and the rest of the team at CD from offering them in the future, as I enjoy owning my other copies and really find them interesting. I don't know if future copies could be marked with marker with a unique number similar to the Secretary of Dreams bound proofs on the page edges?

I will also be posting this in the eBay bullshit and my Collection threads for maximum coverage!

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I agree with you, Tommy. That one is no good.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    This is a warning for prospective and past buyers of CD's unbound proofs from ebay.
    Thanks for the warning. The buyer usually has quite a bit of protection on eBay with stuff like this. Are you going to try to return it?

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Thanks for the warning. The buyer usually has quite a bit of protection on eBay with stuff like this. Are you going to try to return it?
    Haven't returned it yet but I got a refund this morning!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

That's great news! Glad I was some help.

John

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    That's great news! Glad I was some help.

John
    Thank you very much John, you were a great help.

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I agree with you, Tommy. That one is no good.
    That seller always has crap.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Experts,
    Is this any good? Almost looks too "flamboyant" to me.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Experts,
    Is this any good? Almost looks too "flamboyant" to me.
    No bueno

Gunslinger Apprentice mkb.redux will become famous soon enough mkb.redux will become famous soon enough mkb.redux's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    Looks like we have our next contestant in "Let's Play Ebay BS"

Seller Legendsinink COME ON DOWN:

http://cgi.ebay.com/STEPHEN-KING-SIG...QQcmdZViewItem

OK DT Members. You set the BS meter. Is signature real or fake?:
    Removed.

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This Australian seller just posted bunch of signed books starting at $1 with no reserve. I suspect they are good, but I'm not expert...

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?item=...d79684&_sop=10

"And shipping will be 35 standard not 6.00".....

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not a fan of any of those....

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    I'm not a fan of any of those....
    I agree. Stay away from all of them. The first one I clicked on was Song of Susannah and I thought at first glance that it might be OK. But I think all the rest are bad so it must be bad too. I vote "no" on all of them.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Something just feels wrong about all of them.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You know it's questionable when a 1983 signature looks exactly the same as a 1994 signature.

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    You know it's questionable when a 1983 signature looks exactly the same as a 1994 signature.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

All 20 books look bogus to me.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I like this quote:
    "DUST JACKET DON'T MAKE THE BOOK THE BOOK IS THE MOST IMPORTANT ISSUE WITH FIRST EDITION/FIRST PRINT.."

The Stand by Stephen King (1978, Hardcover) FIRST EDITION FIRST PRINT BUYYYYYY!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Something just feels wrong about all of them.
    Exactly, Rick. Photos are fuzzy enough and the whole thing just doesn't sit well.

Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 315 of 462 FirstFirst ... 215 265 305 313 314 315 316 317 325 365 415 ... LastLast