Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 313 of 462 FirstFirst ... 213 263 303 311 312 313 314 315 323 363 413 ... LastLast
Results 7,801 to 7,825 of 11535

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Thoughts on this signature? The seller said it came from the 2012 Savannah, GA event, but was obtained second-hand.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King...vip=true&rt=nc
    I think it's good.
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered Eyes Of The Dragon
    Lettered The Stand
    BOMC signed Full Dark No Stars
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    We talked about this in the interesting item thread and the consensus was that it was way too large to be legit.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Thoughts on this signature? The seller said it came from the 2012 Savannah, GA event, but was obtained second-hand.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King...vip=true&rt=nc
    I don't like it but it could be legit. I wouldn't buy it if I were you. You should be able to find one that you could be sure of without too much searching.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post
    Really? Pathetic....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Autographed-...item2c9716e191

I am embarrassed for the seller.
    LOL! That has to be the worst forgery ever!!!

Are you going to tell the seller, or shall I? LOL! LOL! LOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    I agree! Item reported.

Mulleins
    I am really pissed about this auction. Both Ralph and myself reported the item as a forgery to eBay, nearly a week ago - yet eBay took no action and let the auction continue. The item has now sold for $71 and someone has been ripped off!

eBay should be held accountable for allowing a known forgery to be sold on their site!!

Gunslinger Apprentice neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I too reported this auction to eBay several days ago and they don't respond, nor remove the auction.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STEPHEN-KING...item27f0dd4662

The seller has also been notified but that doesn't make a difference either. I find that eBay are reluctant to lose their 10% based on a few reports. Maybe I'm wrong, but usually any UserID that contains autographs, graphs, signature, sign... would have to be extremely fortunate to obtain genuine autographs on a continual basis. This seller has over 1,500 active auctions, and they all look garbage.

Gerald

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

eBay notifies the seller of the report. They suggest that if the report is accurate the seller should remove the listing. They do not usually take down a listing based on reports.

If King himself told them to take it down they no doubt would.

A person could purchase a forged book, pay for it, leave negative feedback stating the book is a forgery, and file a dispute with eBay to receive a full refund.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger Apprentice neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you Br!an. I wasn't aware of how it works. I just hope nobody buys it, as it does hurt the collecting community.

Gerald

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Terrible!
    Signed Revival
    Kinda surprised we haven't seen more of these, honestly.

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hang on. Links not working. Maybe because I'm on my cell...
    http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=191518916793

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by killjoy72 View Post
    That is just awful….and the seller knows it is a fake and is trying to pass it as real with the photo of King signing.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by killjoy72 View Post
    A terrible fake.

John

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

That is horrible.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I asked the seller where he obtained the signature. His response:

"I received this autograph in Jupiter, FL where King had a signing in January"

What a liar

Edit: I emailed him back and suggested him to remove the listing. He thanked me and canceled the listing.

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    I asked the seller where he obtained the signature. His response:

"I received this autograph in Jupiter, FL where King had a signing in January"

What a liar

Edit: I emailed him back and suggested him to remove the listing. He thanked me and canceled the listing.
    Nice work, Shac!

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Way to go bud.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Man I hate that there is people out there doing that!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

It doesn't get any better then THIS. Ouch!

I did email seller advising it was an obvious fake.

Gunslinger Apprentice jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by goheat View Post

Yikes, that's bad. Come on people, put a little effort into your fakes ...

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I reported it and said that both the seller and eBay should be embarrassed by such an obvious forgery.

Country
    Country Flag

So this was my message to the seller:

Dear us.mont,

FYI, this is clearly not an authentic Stephen King signature. You can look online and see what an authentic signature looks like.

Just wanted to make you aware, as it could become a problem if someone buys it believing it to be real.

Their response:

Dear goheat,

Sir, I do not put up forged signatures. I take the integrity of my ebay account very seriously. My boyfriend is a book sorter and does this for a living. He is nothing if not a professional, and would not put up something he believed to be a forged document.

- us.mont

Sigh...

Country
    Country Flag

They pulled it.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    They pulled it.
    Yeah, they sent me a follow up message:

Dear goheat,

Hello. Thank you for bringin this to our attention. After further investigation into the signature you are correct. While looking through the Stephen King Signatures on google images one that looked very similar was apparently not even Stephen King, I appologize sincerely and thank you again for bringing this to our attention.

Have a great day.

- us.mont

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    They pulled it.
    Yeah, they sent me a follow up message:

Dear goheat,

Hello. Thank you for bringin this to our attention. After further investigation into the signature you are correct. While looking through the Stephen King Signatures on google images one that looked very similar was apparently not even Stephen King, I appologize sincerely and thank you again for bringing this to our attention.

Have a great day.

- us.mont
    Nice work John !!

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, nice work. And it's always pleasing when you don't get an attitude from the person selling the fake. Nice that they're co-operative.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 313 of 462 FirstFirst ... 213 263 303 311 312 313 314 315 323 363 413 ... LastLast