Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 312 of 462 FirstFirst ... 212 262 302 310 311 312 313 314 322 362 412 ... LastLast
Results 7,776 to 7,800 of 11535

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hmm, what do you think? Stephen King Signed Dolores Claiborne
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by goheat View Post
    No.

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by goheat View Post
    No.
    Thank you, Sir. When I look at the seller's other listings, I agree with you!

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Same with THIS

I think they are fakes…and better than most.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Same with THIS

I think they are fakes…and better than most.
    I've got one that looks a lot like it, right down to the crossed out King.
    It's a heck of fake if it is one. Looks a lot like current sigs, even the right
    color pen and you know how hard it is to find that!

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

hello friends,
    please stay away from this one.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Autographed-...item2c9716e191

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Agreed.

John

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    Putrid in so many ways.

Citizen of Gilead AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

not a questionable item per se, but noticed this guy has several for sale and each is listed with $6 shipping, but then in the comments he clarifies it is actually $35-$40 shipping and to ignore the posted shipping amount for the auction. The first one I saw I thought it was a mistake and wondered why he didn't just fix it, but ALL of his auctions are like that. Is there some ebay rule he is getting around by doing this? Seems like he is just asking for confusion and negative feedback from people who didn't notice.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AstroDad View Post
    not a questionable item per se, but noticed this guy has several for sale and each is listed with $6 shipping, but then in the comments he clarifies it is actually $35-$40 shipping and to ignore the posted shipping amount for the auction. The first one I saw I thought it was a mistake and wondered why he didn't just fix it, but ALL of his auctions are like that. Is there some ebay rule he is getting around by doing this? Seems like he is just asking for confusion and negative feedback from people who didn't notice.
    That's violating eBay policy.

Do you have a link?
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Citizen of Gilead AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

oops! Meant to include that.

here you go

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That seller is a member here (whom I have happily purchased from in the past).

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by killjoy72 View Post
    Yes, and a very reputable one I as well have purchased from. I sent him a PM just now because I do not believe he would intentionally avoid Ebay policies.

EDIT: His PM mailbox is full, so I emailed him.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, he has 100% feedback, I didn't mean to question his honesty, I just didn't understand the benefit to doing that. seemed like it could only cause confusion to me. Actually, I guess it could lower the final value of the item for the fees you pay Ebay...hadn't thought of that until just now.

Citizen of Gilead burial will become famous soon enough burial will become famous soon enough burial's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by killjoy72 View Post
    yes... i think I know who it is...
    the thing with the shipping cost is because he is listing on US eBay but will be shipping from europe.
    Looking for:
    S/L: "Insomnia" (#117), "Firestarter", "EOTD #98"
    US 1st/1st: "Night Shift"
    Portfolios: "'Salem's Lot", "Cycle of Werewolf" (#192)
    please help me find any #731 or #431

My full Wanted List

Gunslinger Apprentice super sam is on a distinguished road super sam's Avatar

Thats me :-/
    Just to clarify, english is not my first language.
    I donīt know how to get around this.
    Have emailed Ebay and they told me this way was the only way to do it.
    I have to fill in US shipping to maximum $6 and then international shippingcost.(thats my actual cost)
    If someone buy from me and didn`t notice the actual shippingcost (have not happend yet) i will of course cancel the auction if the buyer wants that.
    And if someone outside US have another solution of this problem PM me.

Christer aka supersam

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Interesting, I didn't realize it was difficult for international sellers to sell directly on the US Ebay. I don't sell often, but I believe on the US site it gives me a choice to pay more to have the auction listed internationally. I assumed other countries would have a similar option, but I don't know what countries have their own ebay and which do not.

Sam, If I were you and Ebay gave you their blessing to do it this way I would mention it in the auction. It came off kinda shady to me at first glance and could influence whether people bid on your items.

Gunslinger Apprentice super sam is on a distinguished road super sam's Avatar

Interesting, I didn't realize it was difficult for international sellers to sell directly on the US Ebay. I don't sell often, but I believe on the US site it gives me a choice to pay more to have the auction listed internationally. I assumed other countries would have a similar option, but I don't know what countries have their own ebay and which do not.

Sam, If I were you and Ebay gave you their blessing to do it this way I would mention it in the auction. It came off kinda shady to me at first glance and could influence whether people bid on your items.
    Thanks for the input.
    Tried to make it more cleare in my auctions now.

Take care

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm from the Netherlands and whenever I sell on eBay, I do exactly the same. There just no other way to indicate the correct shipping costs. As far as I know, it never caused any confusion and I haven't received any negative feedback so far.
    I was not aware of the fact I was violating eBay policy.

Next time I'm selling an item, I'll give the Dutch eBay a try. It's possible to indicate you want your listing to show up in the US as well. I never tried this before and hope this actually works.

sk

Citizen of Gilead Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Keep in mind that, when using Dutch Ebay, American users won't find your auction, unless they're searching international.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by super sam View Post
    I have to fill in US shipping to maximum $6 and then international shippingcost.(thats my actual cost)
    If someone buy from me and didn`t notice the actual shippingcost (have not happend yet) i will of course cancel the auction if the buyer wants that.

Christer aka supersam
    It could be different in your country, but here in the US I can charge whatever I want for shipping.

I simply have to create the shipping policy. First "Create your listing", then "Create shipping policy", under "International shipping" select "Alternative international shipping options". Select the calculated price option. The calculated price option should provide actual shipping pricing to various locations. If you want, once the calculated price option has been selected, you can also add any amount as a handling cost.

If you can make this work it would be a better option to the way you are doing it.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger Apprentice mkb.redux will become famous soon enough mkb.redux will become famous soon enough mkb.redux's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by super sam View Post

Christer aka supersam
    It could be different in your country, but here in the US I can charge whatever I want for shipping.

I simply have to create the shipping policy. First "Create your listing", then "Create shipping policy", under "International shipping" select "Alternative international shipping options". Select the calculated price option. The calculated price option should provide actual shipping pricing to various locations. If you want, once the calculated price option has been selected, you can also add any amount as a handling cost.

If you can make this work it would be a better option to the way you are doing it.
    This is correct.

eBay (in the US, anyway) gives you the option of entering a flat price for shipping (which is constrained by the values that it allows), or entering a calculated rate, which is based on the weight of the item(s). This will work for either domestic or international shipping, so that when I see an auction that has this enabled, I will know exactly what my shipping costs will be.

Hopefully this is available on other eBay sites as well. It's made it much easier for me to accurately show shipping costs for international and multi-book lots.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Thoughts on this signature? The seller said it came from the 2012 Savannah, GA event, but was obtained second-hand.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King...vip=true&rt=nc

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Feels odd, but I say it's legit.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 312 of 462 FirstFirst ... 212 262 302 310 311 312 313 314 322 362 412 ... LastLast