Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 274 of 462 FirstFirst ... 174 224 264 272 273 274 275 276 284 324 374 ... LastLast
Results 6,826 to 6,850 of 11535

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Even if the signature is authentic (and I think it is), they've ruined the book:

The book comes with a Certificate of Authenticity (COA) with matching holograms on the book and (COA) and comes with a set of proof pictures.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King...item258c76f855

John
    Why, oh why would anyone do that? I wonder where the hologram is attached.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Even if the signature is authentic (and I think it is), they've ruined the book:

The book comes with a Certificate of Authenticity (COA) with matching holograms on the book and (COA) and comes with a set of proof pictures.

John
    Why, oh why would anyone do that? I wonder where the hologram is attached.
    and so much for this seller having any smarts as he has the wrong date for the Sarasota signing in listing... not even the right month.

.............. and he has a buyer waiting since Feb 23 on a $1.04 baseball card .............. according to feedback

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

John
    I can't see the hologram :-)

Gunslinger Apprentice jonahwriter is on a distinguished road jonahwriter's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

5 minutes left on the "Major" Stephen King collection for $20,000 or BIN $100,000 - surprisingly no bids LOL.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Major-Stephe...item3f330f70fe

Closet Flipper Frankie has a spectacular aura about Frankie has a spectacular aura about

Damn, I was hoping to snipe it right at the end for 20 grand, but I mistimed it.

Gunslinger Apprentice jonahwriter is on a distinguished road jonahwriter's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Darn. You should have just jumped on the $100,000 BIN. LOL

But don't worry Frankie he's just relisted it for $20,000 opening bid again! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=271450222543

I wonder how many times he will relist this and slowly drop the price down. How much IS it worth anyway in everyone's opinions? What would you pay for that lot?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jonahwriter View Post
    How much IS it worth anyway in everyone's opinions? What would you pay for that lot?
    $1

My Mood
    Breezy

LOL. Pity he doesn't have a "make best offer" option and we could all offer him a buck - or two.

Closet Flipper Frankie has a spectacular aura about Frankie has a spectacular aura about

Darn. You should have just jumped on the $100,000 BIN. LOL

But don't worry Frankie he's just relisted it for $20,000 opening bid again! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=271450222543
    Ha!

I wonder how many times he will relist this and slowly drop the price down. How much IS it worth anyway in everyone's opinions? What would you pay for that lot?
    His descriptions, and pictures, kind of suck.

Because of that I'm not even entirely sure what we're talking about, but seems like six books, one without a DJ, plus a short typed letter that is signed? And none of the six books have much, or any, intrinsic 1st/1st collector value. I'd say three grand would be extremely generous, and that's assuming some of the early signatures are worth more on earlier books. I'd lean more towards 2 grand. I don't think the "collection" is any more valuable than the individual books, other than to him.

I'd say he'd be better off breaking it up and selling it, though that would undoubtedly cause him to ask 3 grand per book. It's obvious from the "Major King collection" nonsense that this guy doesn't have a real firm grip on reality.

I like his description of 1993 being "10+ years ago". Also his description of King's "regard for certain readers" (i.e. him and his wife), like thousands of people haven't been sending him stuff to sign for decades.

My Mood
    Breezy

I would have leaned towards $2,000 max as well - maybe (big maybe) $3,000 at a push. I wouldn't personally buy them though but in terms of what they might at a stretch be worth... I usually budget myself $200 for a signed King - I've gotten them for less, and for more. So 6 x $200 is $1,800. But this guy's attitude seems to suck and the quality of the books might be bad as he hasn't really posted info on that.

Maybe him and the wife don't really want to sell them and just put them up and said "well ok if we get 20 grand or more then we can let go of them but otherwise we want to keep them." But then why put them up at all...

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Traveler biblio.phage is on a distinguished road biblio.phage's Avatar

Default VICKI

Looking for a reference from a pair of King inscriptions from the early 1980s: "Vicki," someone who SK would've thanked "for all your work" and "with admiration," apparently based in NYC, and who would've received early (including pre-official publication date) copies.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biblio.phage View Post
    Looking for a reference from a pair of King inscriptions from the early 1980s: "Vicki," someone who SK would've thanked "for all your work" and "with admiration," apparently based in NYC, and who would've received early (including pre-official publication date) copies.
    I'm a bit confused. Can you clarify a bit more?

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I'm a bit confused. Can you clarify a bit more?
    Yes. --We picked up first edition copies of CUJO and DIFFERENT SEASONS, both inscribed (warmly) to "Vicki." The inscription in CUJO includes "Much Love"; the inscription in DIFFERENT SEASONS is fabulous and includes "good wishes and lots of admiration," a contextual John Lennon reference to "some time in New York City," and "thanks for all your work." CUJO is dated one day after the publication date (9/9/81), and DIFFERENT SEASONS is dated about two weeks prior to the publication date.

Hope that helps. These look great from everything I know, and a couple of friends have also weighed in on them. I was going to post pictures here but am challenged in getting a simple jpeg in. Working on the eBay listings now and will include links to them after they are up.

Here are the "Vicki" inscriptions.
    Input would be most welcome

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Both of the inscriptions look wonderful to me. Prices will be wildly different depending on whether the books are 1st edition 1st printings, or not, if the correctly priced DJ is present, and condition.
    The inscriptions are marvelous. I have no idea as to the specific (last name etc.) person(s) they were noted to, but they are pleasing to see.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome! Totally awesome!

I don't collect personally inscribed books, so I don't follow that market. But the inscriptions and signatures look great.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

what do you guys think on this?

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think its good. The photo's not that great; you don't see any hesitation points do you?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post

Looks dark.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

WOW...have any of you seen such a long King inscription before? It's wonderful!!!

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post

WOW...have any of you seen such a long King inscription before? It's wonderful!!!
    Wonderful - I collect King inscriptions and would love them. Pity my name isn't "Vicki" but otherwise love them!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Wonderful - I collect King inscriptions and would love them. Pity my name isn't "Vicki" but otherwise love them!
    We could start calling you Vicki. Maybe it would stick?
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Breezy

LOL! But I can't decide if I want to be known as Vicki with an i or Vicky with a y - leave it with me...

Weirdly, I've never been able to find an inscribed "To John" (my real name) - and "John" is a simple and common name ! or even a "To Jonah" (my nickname) signed King, but I've got all sorts of others - a Laura, a Don, an Anna Lisa, a Janet...

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post

Looks dark.
    I don't like it at all. Need a better picture to be sure.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 274 of 462 FirstFirst ... 174 224 264 272 273 274 275 276 284 324 374 ... LastLast