Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 264 of 462 FirstFirst ... 164 214 254 262 263 264 265 266 274 314 364 ... LastLast
Results 6,576 to 6,600 of 11537

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Getting it on. at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    FUGLY!!!! And did they really try to change '77 to '79 or is that just me?

Traveler Amber2014 will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Cold

Hi all, I am a new collector, long time reader of SK and my question or questions are as follows, How can I [/STRIKE][/STRIKE]tell if the signature is legit? and why are some books so beyond crazy expensive, and yet the same book on another site is less? what makes the Gunslinger 1,200 say on abebooks and 7,000 on amazon? and honestly guys I need a sense of direction on this thanks-Amber

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Amber2014 View Post
    Hi all, I am a new collector, long time reader of SK and my question or questions are as follows, How can I [/STRIKE][/STRIKE]tell if the signature is legit? and why are some books so beyond crazy expensive, and yet the same book on another site is less? what makes the Gunslinger 1,200 say on abebooks and 7,000 on amazon? and honestly guys I need a sense of direction on this thanks-Amber

Hi Amber and welcome to the site. The best way to ensure a legit sig is to either buy a Signed Limited Edition which are gaurenteed authentic, buy from betts books (David the owner is a member here and a really nice guy) or ask the opinion of one of the long time collectors here on the site for their opinion before you buy a signed trade edition. It's a great community here with some serious collectors and they're always happy to help a fellow collector. As for your second question - it pays to shop around. Some sellers overcharge by a ridiculous amount but others are very reasonable. There are even some bargains to be had out there! Good luck and enjoy your collecting!

My Mood
    Cold

oh I forgot what does S/L mean?

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Alan G View Post

Hi Amber and welcome to the site. The best way to ensure a legit sig is to either buy a Signed Limited Edition which are gaurenteed authentic, buy from betts books (David the owner is a member here and a really nice guy) or ask the opinion of one of the long time collectors here on the site for their opinion before you buy a signed trade edition. It's a great community here with some serious collectors and they're always happy to help a fellow collector. As for your second question - it pays to shop around. Some sellers overcharge by a ridiculous amount but others are very reasonable. There are even some bargains to be had out there! Good luck and enjoy your collecting!
    I will add... The Best alternative (perhaps most obvious).. yet sometimes difficult option for assuring you get a trade edition with signature you can count on is to attend an event where King is signing or buy from a trusted friend who has.
    I will also add Tony & Kim at Camelot Books and Gifts as a seller I (and many others here) trust for fine books and top notch service. http://camelotbooks.com/books

My Mood
    Cold

thank you and yes I have Betts bookmarked, I believe that all of my Joe Hill books are 1st edition and signed with doodles. and as far as my SK books I think only my Insominia is 1st edition, it is a leather bound book signed by king, and 2 others. I bought Nightmares and dreamscapes last night and got a fab deal on it. I dont know how to post pic yet to see if it is a legit signature. I will try to

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

what makes the Gunslinger 1,200 say on abebooks and 7,000 on amazon?
    Welcome, Amber. I would echo Alan G's comments. To this specific question I would say that there are different editions of The Gunslinger. The one priced at $7,000 is likely one of the 500 numbered copies that are signed by King and Whelan. The one priced at $1200 is likely one of the 10,000 unsigned trade edition copies. You can find most (if not all) of the different editions of all of King's books in the Stephen King Collectibles Catalog on this site.

My Mood
    Cold

Many Thanks for the replys... here is a pic of the book I bought last night, Its 4 past Midnight
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/131088034255...84.m1497.l2648

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

oh I forgot what does S/L mean?
    Signed Limited.

Welcome to the site.
    For our encyclopedia on Stephen King Signed Limited books, go here:
    http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...le=Test+Thread

For similar information on King's 1st Trade editions, go here:
    http://www.thedarktower.org/?page=imagelimit2

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Echoing the welcome Amber.

Are you looking for direction on just signatures or on WHAT Stephen King books to collect?
    If it's the latter then you have many options (and you will see many different collections)

Most start by collecting 1st trade editions (normally US but UK or foreign editions are also collected)
    This will give you a core collection to start with. (Note even this will cost a considerable amount if you want 1st printings in very good condition - mainly because of the price of the early books)

Next up is gift editions, then limited, signed limited, numbered and lettered, price increases as the limitation count decreases.

Other options include collecting same numbers (good luck with that!) as well as memorabilia, Remarques, paperbacks, associated art, the list is endless.

If you have not already done so, be sure to check out the collections thread to see what other members have collected. I heartily recommend looking at collections from Carlos Detweiller, Bad Penny, Room 217 Caretaker, Shannon, Mr Rabbit Trick and many many more!

Whatever you decide to collect, remember it's YOUR collection and that's what makes it special
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Traveler Carter is on a distinguished road

TEST reply. I'm new to the board, but having trouble accessing some content. Please forgive the test.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Carter View Post
    TEST reply. I'm new to the board, but having trouble accessing some content. Please forgive the test.
    Welcome to the site. Once you have 5 posts (helps us avoid spam bots), all of the site's content will be available to you.

My Mood
    Cold

that must be why my photo pic isnt showing up

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Welcome to the site. Once you have 5 posts (helps us avoid spam bots), all of the site's content will be available to you.
    Awesome, thanks. But...

I AM A SPAM BOT! Hahhahahha.... At last I've succeeded in infiltrating the dark tower! You are all my prisoners!

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Glad to see you made it. Welcome.

Ralph Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    Glad to see you made it. Welcome.

Ralph Mulleins
    Hey, I know you!

Thanks Ralph.

It was a challenge, but then again, I've been called a bit challenged.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Another piece of shit from allstarbooks2010:

HEARTS IN ATLANTIS~SIGNED~STEPHEN KING~1999~1ST/1ST~HC/DJ
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Another piece of shit from allstarbooks2010:

HEARTS IN ATLANTIS~SIGNED~STEPHEN KING~1999~1ST/1ST~HC/DJ
    Crafty wording too. "signed on title page" doesn't explicitly say it was signed by Stephen King.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Cold

Ok Many questions coming yalls way: I am REALLY lusting after a FLATSIGNED copy of the Gunslinger(it is my MP5SD in gun terms) or my Holy Grail in other terms, Does that exist or will I only be able to find an inscribed copy, on this one it does not need to be 1st edition although that would be AWESOME. and I really dont want inscribed copies unless it has been made out to me make sense? I have been collecting my hardcover books since 8th grade just now starting to buy signed copies, and WOW some of his books are CRAZY expensive. While I have no problem paying for them I just I dont want to be ripped off.make sense and also please someone tell what S/L means

My Mood
    Cold

why arent my posts showing up ?

My Mood
    Cold

this is a test post, I know I have posted more than 5xs but am unable to acess anything or see any of my posts

Gunslinger Apprentice Amber is on a distinguished road Amber's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Can you just purchase the slip covers for books you already have?

Gunslinger Apprentice Amber is on a distinguished road Amber's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Please let me know if this copy was a good purchase

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I assume $$ is what your asking.
    ?? How much did you pay ??

Quote Originally Posted by Amber View Post

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

It's the S/L (signed limited) edition, Amber. 100% authentic.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 264 of 462 FirstFirst ... 164 214 254 262 263 264 265 266 274 314 364 ... LastLast