Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 462 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 73 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmmm...this is interesting information.

I got a slipcase as a gift for my Born Arc from TOC--he had planned to donate some for the giveaway as well.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Dave Hinchberger from Overlook has been a buddy of mine for many, many years. He sent me all three of his recent slipcases -- the one for Blaze and the ones for the hardcover edition of Gunslinger Born and the individual Marvel comics. I probably wouldn't have purchased them, but I like having all the comics and ancillary booklets gathered in one case.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

That's pretty much how I feel Bev. I am not sure if it is something I would intentionally shop but its great to have a simple place for them to all be together.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Dave Hinchberger from Overlook has been a buddy of mine for many, many years. He sent me all three of his recent slipcases -- the one for Blaze and the ones for the hardcover edition of Gunslinger Born and the individual Marvel comics. I probably wouldn't have purchased them, but I like having all the comics and ancillary booklets gathered in one case.
    I like the 3 of them all together in the slipcases as well, but I had to buy them. I don't have any friends.

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

The Green Mile

This guy has about 5 Stephen king signatures he selling for around $500 each. I'm not the best judge, but I don't feel comfortable with this guy at all.
    Geoff

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gguthrie View Post
    The Green Mile

This guy has about 5 Stephen king signatures he selling for around $500 each. I'm not the best judge, but I don't feel comfortable with this guy at all.

Total crapola in my opinion.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

The Green Mile

I agree. Almost certainly a forgery.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

That Green Mile above is beyond a doubt a fake.

Here is one that was up for a short time.

STEPHEN KING SIGNED & DATED 6/5/02 "ON WRITING" MEMOIR

I believe it to be a forgery...but one that is better than most.

The private auction and the fact I have seen some less than genuine items from that seller in the past make me 99% sure it is a fake.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree. The "g" in King looks all wrong to me.

John

Gunslinger Apprentice Hutch will become famous soon enough Hutch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Green Mile

If they are real .... they are not real good. They could be authentic. Signed on the run as shown in the images. Regardless if real or fake they are too sloppy to make it to my collection.

Gunslinger Apprentice Calla_Wolf is on a distinguished road Calla_Wolf's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
    The Green Mile

If they are real .... they are not real good. They could be authentic. Signed on the run as shown in the images. Regardless if real or fake they are too sloppy to make it to my collection.
    I'm with Dave (hmmm....Dave, did I ever disagree with you? LOL)

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Yea Unfortunately I bought the one for Blaze and as everyone can see it's pretty ugly. But I like the Gunslinger Born slipcases, they are more attractive and it is nice having a slipcase for the comics, as they are usually a little awkward on a bookshelf.
    Geoff

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Calla_Wolf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
    The Green Mile

I'm with Dave (hmmm....Dave, did I ever disagree with you? LOL)
    there may have been couple of times when you had an opinion other than mine. After reading my thoughts you agreed with me. Not too many though over the last 7-10 years. Has it been that long?

Gunslinger Apprentice artan is on a distinguished road artan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

...Do you think this is good?

http://cgi.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...MEWA:IT&ih=015

I'm not expert in king's signature, so the opinion of all of you can help me

8)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by artan View Post
    ...Do you think this is good?

http://cgi.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...MEWA:IT&ih=015

I'm not expert in king's signature, so the opinion of all of you can help me

8)
    Yes .. it's good

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It looks good to me. It is also consistent with King's signature when he toured the USA in 1994 on a motorcycle, stopping at independent bookstores and signing ~200 copies of Insomnia at each stop.
    Let me know if you are going to bid. I am interested in it, but don't want to inflate the price for a friend from the board.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

That's pretty much all you need right there

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    It looks good to me. It is also consistent with King's signature when he toured the USA in 1994 on a motorcycle, stopping at independent bookstores and signing ~200 copies of Insomnia at each stop.
    Let me know if you are going to bid. I am interested in it, but don't want to inflate the price for a friend from the board.
    Hutch and Jerome, thanks for help...

Yes, I was interested in it, the white background is very nice, but he/she has put reserve on the book and I don't know if my budget will be enough.

Of course, you are free to bid on it and I will send you a PM in these days with details of my decisions...Jerome you are a gentleman!!!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I will pass on bidding. I have a signed Insomnia already.
    Good luck if you choose to bid.

Country
    Country Flag

I have sent an e-mail to the seller...He/She doesn't ship to Italy, US only.
    Sometimes this it's very frustrating!!!!!!

Please feel free to go on with the bidding. If I don't have the chance of buying this book I like the idea that the book is won by someone who deserve it

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

You could have them ship to me if you want Artan, I will ship it out to you.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks a lot Matt, you are great...next time I will ask to you

But I was so disappointed that I didn't follow the auction till the end!

Country
    Country Flag

AUTOGRAPHED softcover book by Stephen King, "The Colorado Kid"

http://cgi.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...MEWA:IT&ih=018

You set the BS meter, real or fake?

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

The It looks okay to me, but the Colorado Kid is definitely a fake.

John

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by artan View Post
    I have sent an e-mail to the seller...He/She doesn't ship to Italy, US only.
    Sometimes this it's very frustrating!!!!!!

Please feel free to go on with the bidding. If I don't have the chance of buying this book I like the idea that the book is won by someone who deserve it
    I won this auction.

I probably paid more than I should have, but the auction states the book is perfect, and I do not have a signed copy of this title in my collection.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 462 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 73 123 ... LastLast