Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 462 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm no expert, but I say it's absolutely fake based on the sigs I have and have seen.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Fake.

John

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

there is no way that it's the real deal - IMHO of course!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Fake

Gunslinger Apprentice Asterisco is on a distinguished road Asterisco's Avatar

Gunslinger Apprentice Asterisco is on a distinguished road Asterisco's Avatar

This one is reaching the top of the BS meter.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-Sig...QQcmdZViewItem

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

BS to both

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

The fake sig on the baseball looked more authentic than the fake sig in the Cujo book. No effort whatsoever was put into the fake index card.

I meant to sprinkle the word "alleged" before the word "fake" throughout this post, of course.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, of course. Wouldn't want to besmirch the good name of the forgers (i mean sellers) now would we.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post
    Looks like we have our next contestant in "Let's Play Ebay BS"

Seller Legendsinink COME ON DOWN:

http://cgi.ebay.com/STEPHEN-KING-SIG...QQcmdZViewItem

OK DT Members. You set the BS meter. Is signature real or fake?:
    It's official. Legendsinink.....your Ebay BS meter has been set to 10.

Stay tuned for more action on "Let's Play Ebay BS"

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Seller igotsigned COME ON DOWN:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Signed-Stephen-K...ayphotohosting

Look real close to the S.

OK DT members...you set the BS meter.

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone think it might have to keep a database of BS Ebay Seller IDs to help potential buyers out? Kind of like skfakes used to do before it flipped to a membership only site?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Salem's Lot Illustrated
    Not sure on the signature.

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Salem's Lot Illustrated
    Not sure on the signature.

The signature looks good.

If that's a fake signature it's a good one.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It is starting @ $49.00, and I have not seen (m)any of these signed for sale.
    Could be a nice purchase for someone.

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    It is starting @ $49.00, and I have not seen (m)any of these signed for sale.
    Could be a nice purchase for someone.
    Correct....not many of these found signed. I'm watching it

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

I hate to do it, but I have to disagree...I don't think that is a good signature. The loop in the "S" is really big, and it doesn't look anything like the sigs in the "Best Short Stories" books, or any recent limited edition...I don't like the "G" either. His real signature has been sort of cramped lately, not so much like this one...

It could be real, don't get me wrong, but the areas where it looks okay are overshadowed - in my opinion - by the areas where I would have questions about it...

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    I hate to do it, but I have to disagree...I don't think that is a good signature. The loop in the "S" is really big, and it doesn't look anything like the sigs in the "Best Short Stories" books, or any recent limited edition...I don't like the "G" either. His real signature has been sort of cramped lately, not so much like this one...

It could be real, don't get me wrong, but the areas where it looks okay are overshadowed - in my opinion - by the areas where I would have questions about it...
    Don't apologize. It's OK to disagree. Keep in mind this signature is from 2006. I think his signature changes from month to month and getting worse as he gets older. I actually hate the signatures in "Best Short Stories" even though I own a signed copy.

But this is a great conversation for newbie collectors on flat signed books. Buy from someone you trust, Hutch, Shibus, Stu @ Betts, etc.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

We are talking about the same sig. right?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-Sal...QQcmdZViewItem

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I posted an enquiry on the SKFakes BB. We'll see what some of their experts say.

SK Fakes

John

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

I don't like that sig either. It seemed very deliberate, neat and the loop too big. The kind of pen used is also one I've never seen on any King signatures. A fine point calligraphy pen?. Also, wouldn't he date it as 06' instead of 2006?.

Just my 2 cents. I could be wrong too. Would love to hear opinions from other members here.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Yes, we're talking about the same signature...

I think King's signature has been pretty consistent for the past couple years, actually...the one in "Best Short Stories" is pretty similiar to the "Buick 8" and "Dark Tower 5" signed books I got in Pleasantville...and it's similiar to the SOD limited ed. sign.

But it is NOT similar to the signature in this Salem's Lot edition...that's just my opinion though...

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post

Seller igotsigned COME ON DOWN:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Signed-Stephen-K...ayphotohosting

Look real close to the S.

OK DT members...you set the BS meter.
    BS Meter set at 10.

Stay tuned for more "Let's Play Ebay BS"

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

OMG That is not even close. There are a dozen things wrong with that sig. BS at 10!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, we're talking about the same signature...

I think King's signature has been pretty consistent for the past couple years, actually...the one in "Best Short Stories" is pretty similiar to the "Buick 8" and "Dark Tower 5" signed books I got in Pleasantville...and it's similiar to the SOD limited ed. sign.

But it is NOT similar to the signature in this Salem's Lot edition...that's just my opinion though...
    Rahfa,

I see what you mean on the signatures. hehehe....I pulled out some of my S/L's, opened them up on the pool table, carefully looking at all the signatures. Of course my wife walks by with this look "Are you selling them", she says.

It's amazing the different sigs I have in signed limiteds. I even pulled out some of the older signed limiteds Firestarter, Cujo & Danse Macabre etc. to compare.

I have signatures ranging from cramped to neat. Of course we all know these are real because of the signed limited state.

My flat signed books (yes I know the signature is real, I was there

I only own a few. To answer one of the questions from an above message. Wouldn't he sign it with 06 instead of 2006? He's done both. My Fear Itself is signed with 1986. My Lisy is 07 instead of 2007.

My Gunslinger is 1984 instead of 84.

Again, like I said in an above message. If your buying a flat signed book. It pays to buy from someone you trust. Hutch is an awesome, honest seller. So is Stu @ Betts Books, Greg (Shibus), etc.

John, Thanks for posting the sig on SKfakes. It will be interesting to hear what Calla wolf has to say. I think it would be awesome to get the mega collectors together in a room and learn the trade secrets of "How to tell a real King signature from a fake". Pressure points, what makes it fake, etc.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 462 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast