Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 462 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 ... LastLast

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

She still has a lot of auctions with signed items, just none claiming to be signed by King.
    I have no idea if any other auctions are legitimate signatures, but based upon the King stuff, I would be highly suspicious.
    Listing of auctions

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Firstly?your assertation that King has never signed with the underlining you describe as ?calligraphy?. You and your other so-called ?experts? are incorrect. I have 3 signed King works which contain such in my own collection, all of which have COA?s issued by James Spence Jr.
    Pardon my ignorance, but who the heck is James Spence Jr? A COA is only as good as the person issuing it (and in most cases, nothing!).

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I rely on several people to provide COA's:
    Ben Dover
    Seymour Butts
    I.P. Freely

Gunslinger Apprentice Hutch will become famous soon enough Hutch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Firstly?your assertation that King has never signed with the underlining you describe as ?calligraphy?. You and your other so-called ?experts? are incorrect. I have 3 signed King works which contain such in my own collection, all of which have COA?s issued by James Spence Jr.
    Pardon my ignorance, but who the heck is James Spence Jr? A COA is only as good as the person issuing it (and in most cases, nothing!).

John
    http://www.spenceloa.com/

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Dave. I've never heard of him before. How is his reputation? His site seems real enough.

John

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Dave. I've never heard of him before. How is his reputation? His site seems real enough.

John
    no idea... I only just googled his name. The trouble I have with many companies that claim expertise in multiple fields ( multiple authors, celebreties, sports figures,. etc ) is that I think it nearly impossible to be good at all of them.

You're much better off finding a few who can honestly evaluate as a group.
    Ceri ( SKfakes ) found a good mix of well known collectors and sellers who have been specializing in Stephen King for decades to evaluate signatures for his site.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

A small victory, but a meaningful one nonetheless.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post

John
    no idea... I only just googled his name. The trouble I have with many companies that claim expertise in multiple fields ( multiple authors, celebreties, sports figures,. etc ) is that I think it nearly impossible to be good at all of them.

You're much better off finding a few who can honestly evaluate as a group.
    Ceri ( SKfakes ) found a good mix of well known collectors and sellers who have been specializing in Stephen King for decades to evaluate signatures for his site.
    well. i looked at the JSA site and i don't see a single one of the many "experts" listed as having any expertise in literary signatures.
    sports...yes, history...yes, movie stars...yes, but no literary experts.

i personally think i... (and the other hardcore king collectors on here)- having hundreds of stephen king limited edition signatures to compare to, having 17+ years of serious collecting of everything king - i think we as a group are much more qualified to authenticate king signatures than someone who probably has never owned a limited edition king book and simply specializes in sports memorabilia.

i'd trust hutch's or my own opinion way over any or the "experts" at JSA - when it comes to stephen king at least.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Agreed.

John

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

My turn to bug them:

From me:
    "I was wondering if you have had Mr. King's signature authenticated?
    If so, can you send me an email or scan of this authentication.
    Thank You"

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tales-of-Witchcr...QQcmdZViewItem
    Auction
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Check this out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/3-SIGNED-Stephen...QQcmdZViewItem

Does it say Stephen Kling?

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I believe it does!

None of those sigs look real to me. Seems like your dead uncle would have left a bit of info if he was that big a fan.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Got a reply from them:

"Actually that listing shouldn't even be there and I'm not sure exactly how you managed to bring it up. I removed all my listings containing King signatures on Sunday morning and won't be re-listing any of them until they are all individually and independantly verified. Thanks for letting me know that apparenly one is still coming up."

damn was hoping it would be nasty!! LOL
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    Got a reply from them:

"Actually that listing shouldn't even be there and I'm not sure exactly how you managed to bring it up. I removed all my listings containing King signatures on Sunday morning and won't be re-listing any of them until they are all individually and independantly verified. Thanks for letting me know that apparenly one is still coming up."

damn was hoping it would be nasty!! LOL

Actually, her reply is funny. The following is taken direct from her Ebay auctions:

COA (Certificate Of Authenticity). This can be a touchy question. Unfortunately most COA's aren't worth the paper they are written on unless actually issued by the original publisher of the title and related to a signed limited edition book.

This could get interesting.

We may invite her back for another series of "Let's Play Ebay BS"

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

My Mood
    Lurking

weeeeeee

Sounds like fun!

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post
    Check this out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/3-SIGNED-Stephen...QQcmdZViewItem

Does it say Stephen Kling?

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

you couldn't give me those books for free... the 50.00 shipping is 5 times what all three books with scribbling in them are worth. you gotta be kidding

Gunslinger Apprentice midnightrambler34 is on a distinguished road midnightrambler34's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Those are bad...Im curious if she made up that whole story herself, pretty imaginative.
    The ones we've lost are never really gone
    If we hold them in our hearts while we go on.

Dream as if you will live forever, Live as if you will die tomorrow.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Or perhaps the uncle was pulling the leg of the gullible niece or nephew?

In any case, yeah, those sigs suck.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Here we go. renaissance_auctions crap flows down hill.

This person bought this book from renaissance_auctions
    Nov-21-07 09:39

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-Sal...QQcmdZViewItem

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

LOL, Kling even signed the back end-paper on Insomnia! Is that a first???

Oh, and when she say's retail is over $100, I'm assuming she's talking Canadian there.

I'd even give her BS story a hig rating. Especially the "I had a book collector in town look at these and he offered me a pretty fair price " part.

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post
    Here we go. renaissance_auctions crap flows down hill.

This person bought this book from renaissance_auctions
    Nov-21-07 09:39

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-Sal...QQcmdZViewItem
    Wow, that's a quick turnaround. And a hefty price increase!!! Good job keeping on top of this, mulleins!!!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Not a very big picture. Thoughts on this signature?
    Nightmares in the Sky

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

My gut feel is no. It's done in too straight a line. King's not that neat.

John

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

That's kind of what I thought, too. It almost looks like someone used a ruler.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Not a very big picture. Thoughts on this signature?
    Nightmares in the Sky

this seller was at the top of Ceri's Habitual forgers list at SK for quite some time.
    When a clear close-up is provided the signatures appear obviously traced.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 462 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 ... LastLast