Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 462 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 112 ... LastLast

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

If that were true, I would probably start a crusade like Indiana Jones to try and get it.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    renaissance_auctions is back at it again
    EOTD "Signed"

Report it as a fake using the link at the bottom of the auction item's page.
    I reported it.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Holy cow, did my GRANDMOTHER sign that? It looks like her handwriting.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    Holy cow, did my GRANDMOTHER sign that? It looks like her handwriting.
    Your grandmother has a future in forging SK signatures... You're going to be rich!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Time to stop her fake signature auctions

OK....Plan B. PLEASE READ ALL THE MESSAGE

I've reported several times to Ebay, renaissance_auctions and questioned the King signatures she keeps placing on Ebay.

I asked her tonight if she can personally guarantee that the Stephen King signature is real. Ebay has the following Authenticity Disclaimer: If a seller cannot verify the authenticity of an item, the seller is not permitted to list it.

HER RESPONSE:

Dear mulleins,

Once again I would advise you to READ the item listing. Please don't message me again with this question. Regards. Diane.

- renaissance_auctions

Here is plan B. I'm willing to put my excellent Ebay rating on the line here. I'll spend my own money to buy one of these pieces of crap and use it as a legit reason to complain and maybe start an investigation through Paypal and Ebay.

Neg Ebay feedback will be left clearly stating a FAKE SIGNATURE

Any Paypal donations would be appreciated because, unfortunately her auctions are selling high. Maybe this will help bidders to think before buying on future auctions.

Any suggestions from anyone?

Am I allowed to ask for donations or is this a violation of this site?

Ralph Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Ralph,

I'd be willing to donate. But instead of using your own ebay ID, what if you open another one for this reason specifically?. I have also reported this seller to Ebay previously.

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ooooh, see if a name like StephenKingCollector is available!!

Honestly, I don't think you can have 2 eBay accounts that are related in any way--PayPal, Credit Card, Address, Email, etc.

It would be hard--unless someone here did not already have an account.

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    Ralph,

I'd be willing to donate. But instead of using your own ebay ID, what if you open another one for this reason specifically?. I have also reported this seller to Ebay previously.
    I think it would look suspicious to Ebay if the account complaining about the fake signature would have 0 feedback.

I really don't mind using my Ebay ID Mulleins because Ebay will investigate and see I have sold/purchased signed items without any problems.

I'm putting up $50 of my own. I'm hoping this will start an investigation and Ebay will contact past winners.

I don't know if Ebay will do anything at all. I've been reporting this lady and so far Ebay seems to care less because they are making money off this lady.

Mulleins

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Renassiance_auctions is starting to get very defensive now. I asked nonchalantly for proof and I got a "learn to read the listing" in response. I responded pointing out that if she can't prove its real she has no right listing it, and that it looks very much like a poorly done forgery, I await her response.

Maybe instead of wasting your money Mulleins, if we all annoying her with questions demanding proof, she'll get annoyed and give up?

Country
    Country Flag

And here is her response:

Please be aware that I have forwarded your message and accusations to the Ebay Trust and Safety Department for further review. I strongly suggest you think very very carefully before making further unfounded allegations. Having had extended email communication with the Trust and Safety Dept before listing my items I am already aware of the policies regarding signed works and am folowing them to the letter. You as a private individual have no right to demand providence of anything. I have listed the history of the articles and am in possesion of 2 seperate signed noterised affadavidits from the vendor of the signed works I am selling as to their authenticity. I am also in possesion of over 50 noterised copies of photgraphs of this person with a number of the authors themselves. This documentation has been made avalable to ebay at any time should they wish to view it as is their right. To repeat, they have a right to view it, you do not. They are private documents relating to a private finacial transaction and ar not for either publc display or perusal. I once again strongly suggest that you think very carefully before making any further false allegations as I will have no hesitation whatsover in pursueing you to the full extent of both ebay's policies regarding member harrassment and libel, and whatever legal avenues are available via your own ISP and State Law.
    VERY defensive now. And slightly illiterate.

Gunslinger Apprentice Hutch will become famous soon enough Hutch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The seller will not seek legal action for obvious reasons. A reliable source contacted Stephen King's office about 3 or 4 weeks ago regarding this seller. The reply was that they may look into the issue via Ebay's own vero rights program. I don't know if King's office staff has proceeded or not. Maybe if a few other collectors contact King's office staff action may take place.

Per Ebay's Vero Rights:
    "eBay is committed to protecting the intellectual property rights of third parties and to providing its users with a safe place to trade. eBay created the Verified Rights Owner (VeRO) Program so that intellectual property owners could easily report listings that infringe their rights. It is in eBay’s interest to ensure that infringing items are removed from the site, as they erode buyer and seller trust."

http://pages.ebay.com/help/tp/programs-vero-ov.html

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    And here is her response:

Please be aware that I have forwarded your message and accusations to the Ebay Trust and Safety Department for further review. I strongly suggest you think very very carefully before making further unfounded allegations. Having had extended email communication with the Trust and Safety Dept before listing my items I am already aware of the policies regarding signed works and am folowing them to the letter. You as a private individual have no right to demand providence of anything. I have listed the history of the articles and am in possesion of 2 seperate signed noterised affadavidits from the vendor of the signed works I am selling as to their authenticity. I am also in possesion of over 50 noterised copies of photgraphs of this person with a number of the authors themselves. This documentation has been made avalable to ebay at any time should they wish to view it as is their right. To repeat, they have a right to view it, you do not. They are private documents relating to a private finacial transaction and ar not for either publc display or perusal. I once again strongly suggest that you think very carefully before making any further false allegations as I will have no hesitation whatsover in pursueing you to the full extent of both ebay's policies regarding member harrassment and libel, and whatever legal avenues are available via your own ISP and State Law.
    VERY defensive now. And slightly illiterate.

Country
    Country Flag

Got yet another email from her:

Pursuant to my last communication. Please also be aware that I have contacted all 121 customers to which I have sold signed volumes from various authors over the past 2 months and requested that they immediately contact either myself or Ebay should they receive any form of communication from you containing accusations of fraud. You will no doubt be disappointed to learn that 21 have already replied, including 8 who have already had their purchases independently authenticated. I should also inform you that, whilst you are indeed correct in your assertations concerning Ebay?s listing policies, you should also be aware that they take EXACTLY the same stance in regards to punitive actions against those who dilute confidence in the buying environment by making false accusations against either other members or rival vendors. I have forwarded the 2 signed notarized Affidavits to the Trust and Safety Dept containing, firstly, a full list of the items I purchased and which are covered by the guarantee of authenticity, and secondly, the guarantee itself and certification of identity of the vendor. Allow me to add in closing that I find your accusations both offensive and ungrounded. Regards. Diane.

- renaissance_auctions
    Haven't decided if I'm going to continue this back and forth, as it seems a bit redundant, but who knows, maybe if I feel a bit more testy later.....

She says some have been authenticated, but I doubt any of the King signatures have!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

The "lady" doeth protest too much, me thinks!

John

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

If there's one thing I've learned about ebay "threats" like that, is the more legalese the babbling gets, the less chance any of it means...in this case, of course, none of it means anything. She hasn't had anybody reply to her, there have been no items "independently authenicated," nor "noterized" statements written...such nonsense...I'm going to write her too.

We'll see what this brings us:

"Other than your claim of a "stewardess" in a first class cabin, what provenance can you offer for these Stephen King signatures? Obviously, you must not be aware they are clearly fakes, because that would make you a fraud and a thief. But, you are making good money selling them to stupid rubes, so good for you anyway."

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    If there's one thing I've learned about ebay "threats" like that, is the more legalese the babbling gets, the less chance any of it means...in this case, of course, none of it means anything. She hasn't had anybody reply to her, there have been no items "independently authenicated," nor "noterized" statements written...such nonsense...I'm going to write her too.

We'll see what this brings us:

"Other than your claim of a "stewardess" in a first class cabin, what provenance can you offer for these Stephen King signatures? Obviously, you must not be aware they are clearly fakes, because that would make you a fraud and a thief. But, you are making good money selling them to stupid rubes, so good for you anyway."
    She can't provide provenance, but apparently CAN provide providence!

I think our best bet is to just annoy the piss out of her on every one of her King auctions. 20+ members harassing you each time you list an item? I'd get tired of it pretty fast.....

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

So what do you think are the odds that she bought these in good faith and that she was swindled? That wouldn't justify screwing over the next person down the line, I'm just wondering if this is any real possibility.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    So what do you think are the odds that she bought these in good faith and that she was swindled? That wouldn't justify screwing over the next person down the line, I'm just wondering if this is any real possibility.
    I'd say virtually nonexistent. Who would buy as many signatures as she apparently does/did (if they were real) without at least being relatively certain of their legitimacy. I just can't imagine those 121 books (or more) she says she's sold were bought in good faith. And as has already been pointed out she's way too defensive. I think she not only is selling fakes, but knowingly selling fakes and probably signed them herself or had friends do it.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, that's about what I figured too, just thought I'd throw out an option that gives her the benefit of the doubt. I think you're right though.

Gunslinger Apprentice Hutch will become famous soon enough Hutch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Check the auctions she's won... you'll see a few unsigned King titles that appear
    for sale a few weeks later.... signed.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I really think that spending an inordinate amount of money- financially helping her out, to provide one negative comment and try to get her nailed for fraud is a waste of resources.
    Continually reorting the auctions to E-bay, writing to King's office and peppering her with e-mails is a better use of time. I am suprised, but pleased that she gives such lengthy reposnses as it takes time and effort.

Country
    Country Flag

We have a victory people! She has pulled all her King auctions! In the latest email she tells me:
    Firstly?your assertation that King has never signed with the underlining you describe as ?calligraphy?. You and your other so-called ?experts? are incorrect. I have 3 signed King works which contain such in my own collection, all of which have COA?s issued by James Spence Jr.
    I have suspended all of my King auctions until such a time as I can have all signatures verified and authenticated independently in order to resolve this issue. I have noted the prices and cost contained in taking this action, and will be further calculating the cost of each COA obtained and will be seeking damages against you for the full amount once the items are re-listed for sale.
    And best best gem:

I am frankly appalled that I order for an honest person to do business in a free market environment they are forced to deal with this kind of harassment, time wasting and offence.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Be careful. She could get treble damages..................oh wait, she'd first have to prove she's not a fraud.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    We have a victory people! She has pulled all her King auctions!
    I think ebay has pulled her auctions after all the complaints we made!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 462 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 112 ... LastLast