Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 103 of 462 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 153 203 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 11535

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by artan View Post
    The image isn't clear enough...and I can't understand if it is ok...what do you think about this?

Stephen-King-Under-The-Dome-Autographed-Book
    IMO

We have our first fake Under the Dome making an appearance on Ebay. It was just a matter of time.

If it is real, King was having a rough night.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Pure rubbish.

Gunslinger Apprentice Hutch will become famous soon enough Hutch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think it is real. Albeit real sloppy. There sometimes comes a point when an authentic signature is too sloppy to resell. This one may have crossed that point. The bottom line is that if I was looking to buy a signed UTD....I'd have to pass on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by artan View Post
    The image isn't clear enough...and I can't understand if it is ok...what do you think about this?

Stephen-King-Under-The-Dome-Autographed-Book

Gunslinger Apprentice artan is on a distinguished road artan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post
    If it is real, King was having a rough night.
    Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    Ahahahahha

We have our first fake Under the Dome making an appearance on Ebay. It was just a matter of time.
    Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    Maybe the first one but not the last one I think....
    Look this one...

STEPHEN-KING-SIGNED-IN-PERSON-UNDER-THE-DOME-1ST-EDITON_

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's a tough one. I'd say fake though due to the "g" being too swoopy and "complete". The underline is too long and signature too slanted.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree, it's pretty bad. I'd ask the seller for more details and proof of when and where it was signed. Without a definite answer, I'd avoid it.

John

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

ETA: That second auction is suspect though, based solely on the 'g'.

None of the signatures I've seen on UTD are that great, IMO. Poor guy's gotta have writer's cramp with the signing tour, plus age, etc., are starting to take their tolls. Here are the 4 sigs I have on UTD copies - I think I might question some of them if I didn't personally know they were legit. Sorry about the crappy pic quality . . .

SK Trades - gray & white

S/L - UK & US

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gsvec View Post
    ETA: That second auction is suspect though, based solely on the 'g'.

None of the signatures I've seen on UTD are that great, IMO. Poor guy's gotta have writer's cramp with the signing tour, plus age, etc., are starting to take their tolls. Here are the 4 sigs I have on UTD copies - I think I might question some of them if I didn't personally know they were legit. Sorry about the crappy pic quality . . .

SK Trades - gray & white

S/L - UK & US

I would take any of your signatures over this one in the auction

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Yeah, that one's real...but I'd never want it.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Clearly both of those auction items' signatures are real. They each come with a COA.

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

OK. Real

Let me ask our members this

If you received this signature at a signing would you ask King to redo it or just walk away after standing in line for 3 hours?

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

OK. Real

Let me ask our members this

If you received this signature at a signing would you ask King to redo it or just walk away after standing in line for 3 hours?

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    I'd put it on ebay.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Haha...you'd be hustled along so fast you'd never have the chance to ask again...

However, I'd just take it and be happy...it would have been signed "to" me and that's acceptable.

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Get back in line and try for another sig. Sell the worst one on ebay.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Get back in line and try for another sig. Sell the worst one on ebay.
    Ditto...

Life is a garden...dig it!

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

All good answers.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Gunslinger Apprentice artan is on a distinguished road artan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

After standing in line for 3 hours...I could think...I could do it better

And at the end I don't like these signature....even if they are real...I think.

I know that some authors use STAMPS...
    (i.e. Chuck Palahniuck)

...I think it could reduce the number of fake signatures...
    Would you like the signature with stamp for a SK book?

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

IF an author is known to use stamps or some other type of mark to guarantee the signature is authentic, I don't think there's really any problem with that. For example, King had several books signed and sold through the Haven Foundation. If the Haven Foundation had used some sort of stamp or permanent sticker to mark them as authentic AND from the Haven Foundation, I don't think there would have been any real problem with it.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Ralph's question: I wouldn't think you'd have another chance, but if so, I would get a second book signed rather than the first one twice. Ultimately I would keep the book anyway if he signed it right in front of me - that in and of itself would make it special to me and I wouldn't care what the secondary market thought of it.

I think Palahniuk uses custom stamps because they are cool and fun. It's only a bonus side effect that they also help with authenticity.

Gunslinger Apprentice SkippyD023 is on a distinguished road SkippyD023's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Can anyone tell me if this is a legit Bernie Wrightson signature. I tried comparing it to others I found online but they all seem different. Any help would be appreciated.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SkippyD023 View Post
    Can anyone tell me if this is a legit Bernie Wrightson signature. I tried comparing it to others I found online but they all seem different. Any help would be appreciated.

That looks OK to me.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Related questions: Does Wrightson's signature get faked much? Should that be a concern to watch for? I was not under the impression that his signature adds enough value to items to bother. Perhaps I am mistaken.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Gunslinger Apprentice Hutch will become famous soon enough Hutch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

these are not the original endpages... they have been replaced.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-RAR...item58858b4a6f

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Hutch. Of course, look who the seller is!

John

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

What an absolute attempt to mislead. Sorry Flatsigned, but in my opinion you are a person I would recommend avoiding.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 103 of 462 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 153 203 ... LastLast