Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 101 of 462 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 151 201 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 11535

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I sent a message to the seller and told him that he should contact King and complain because he spelled his last name wrong.

Life is a garden...dig it!

Country
    Country Flag

This is the response I got from the seller:

"Check any of his autographs; anywhere, and you will notice that this is how he signs his name. For what reason; I don't know. It was signed not long after the release of this book in Massechusetts or New England, or one of those upper states, in a bookstore. This was a gift from my brother-in-law who attended the book-signing while on a trip."

I responded back with : Stephen KING does not spell his last name "KAIG".

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm surprised at you people. Clearly what happened here is the seller's brother-in-law made a time machine and travelled back to a time when King was doing an especially copious amounts of drugs, got the signature, and then gave it away. Now the recipient is selling this fine book WITH a COA. A COfuckin'A! Some people just don't want to believe.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

That's got to be it Brice!

I am so ashamed I doubted that seller.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    ... when King was doing an especially copious amounts of drugs...
    ...which, along with the beer, produced his best works!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Definitely some of them.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by ChristineB View Post
    I asked where this was signed to the seller and he sent back this in reply:
    "...it was signed in a bookstore in New England, or Massachusetts. I can call him when he gets back from his business trip, tomorrow, to be sure. He travels quite a bit, and actually saw the sign about the book signing when he drove by, and thought it would be cool just to go in and see him..." He also mentions his brother has a COA for it too, like that matters.

So...
    huh...so he stumbled by some random signing...

...thought it would be cool...

...and the bookstore wasn't content with the signing, but also handed out COAs apparently to!

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

http://cgi.ebay.com/STEPHEN-KING-STE...item1e59aa4448

Not a whole lot to say about this one

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Good Onan bad King

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I couldn't say either way regarding O'nan's sig, but that King is just terrible.

If you rescue me

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

My 3rd grader could fake King's sig better than that.

And he doesn't even know cursive.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I like how this bidder, k***r, bids to find the high bid amount then retracts his bid.
    13 bid retractions in the last 30 days, 2 on the Stand S/L, 1 yesterday & 1 today.
    Talk about BS

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Karl

Gunslinger Apprentice SkippyD023 is on a distinguished road SkippyD023's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Maybe he needs a keyboard with bigger number keys so he stops entering the wrong amount each time. I could see how once might be an honest mistake but to do it 13 times in 30 days, come on!!!

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone see this?

AUTHOR STEPHEN KING SIGNED GUNSLINGER BOOK ON TAPE

The signature looks good to me, but autograph dealers make me cringe.

I think someone got a good deal.

This is not the signed/numbered edition, but a good deal just the same.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Anyone see this?

AUTHOR STEPHEN KING SIGNED GUNSLINGER BOOK ON TAPE

The signature looks good to me, but autograph dealers make me cringe.

I think someone got a good deal.

This is not the signed/numbered edition, but a good deal just the same.
    Wow! Yeah, that is a deal. A great deal.
    It's not a S/L - those had the number right below Sai King's autograph.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Signed in the same silver ink as the s/l though...probably an unnumbered variant from that edition...

Yeah, good deal for an authentic signature...but can't say I'd be that excited about it at any price.

Citizen of Gilead burial will become famous soon enough burial will become famous soon enough burial's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So what do you thing about it?

Different Seasons

Is it legit?
    Looking for:
    S/L: "Insomnia" (#117), "Firestarter", "EOTD #98"
    US 1st/1st: "Night Shift"
    Portfolios: "'Salem's Lot", "Cycle of Werewolf" (#192)
    please help me find any #731 or #431

My full Wanted List

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by burial View Post

Different Seasons

Is it legit?
    There's something that just doesn't look right to me. I could be mistaken, though.

John

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by burial View Post

Different Seasons

Is it legit?
    Even if it IS legit, I think the current price is too high for a book in such poor condition.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

It's def. legit...sig. matches the style from that time, as does the inscription.

But you'd need to spend the money for a first edition to get a dustjacket w/a price...if you wanted a signed edition, it's still not a bad price...not a great one either. The book's kind of beat up, but a decent d/j would cover that up.

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If it were just a case of a beat up looking book, I would agree with you Rahfa, but it looks to me that the actual binding of the book has been compromised along the interior of the spine. The last picture clearly shows where the endpapers have started to spilt and this indicates a seperation of the spine from the book. Plus there is obvious water damage to the pages when you see the edge of the book. It may not be extensive damage, but I feel it's enough to warrant a lower price than it currently has. However, that's MY price. Someone obviously feels the book is worth that much and as long as they are happy with the purchase when the auction is over, that's really all that matters.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by willie3 View Post
    I like how this bidder, k***r, bids to find the high bid amount then retracts his bid.
    13 bid retractions in the last 30 days, 2 on the Stand S/L, 1 yesterday & 1 today.
    Talk about BS

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Karl
    Just curious, Is it odd that this copy of The Stand is an unnumbered S/L edition. Meaning that it says this is copy #________ of (whatever). But there is no number written in that space. Is that common.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    If it were just a case of a beat up looking book, I would agree with you Rahfa, but it looks to me that the actual binding of the book has been compromised along the interior of the spine. The last picture clearly shows where the endpapers have started to spilt and this indicates a seperation of the spine from the book. Plus there is obvious water damage to the pages when you see the edge of the book. It may not be extensive damage, but I feel it's enough to warrant a lower price than it currently has. However, that's MY price. Someone obviously feels the book is worth that much and as long as they are happy with the purchase when the auction is over, that's really all that matters.
    You're right...I didn't look closely enough to see that damage...

Still an 'okay' price for a legit signed first, but not one I'd ever go for.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BROWNINGS CHILDE View Post
    Just curious, Is it odd that this copy of The Stand is an unnumbered S/L edition. Meaning that it says this is copy #________ of (whatever). But there is no number written in that space. Is that common.
    According to Barry Levin there were approx 20 copies.

"This book was originally limited to 52 LETTERED copies and 1,250 NUMBERED copies. With about 20 out-of-series (unlettered and unnumbered) copies produced to provide back-up in case of damage to in-series copies."

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Sooooo, that would make an out-of-series volume more rare than an lettered copy.
    Sloth Love Chunk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 101 of 462 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 151 201 ... LastLast