Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 462 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 109 159 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 11535

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I copied the item number and opened the listing in US eBay to report it since I always have weird stuff like that happen if I try it in UK or Canada eBay.

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Okay guys...here's one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-autographs-Ste...QQcmdZViewItem

What connection does that comic have to SK other than being 'signed' by him?

Life is a garden...dig it!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Good question.

What are the stories in it? Signed in 1982...
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Looks like he got the idea for Dolan's Cadilliac from it...

Both sigs look legit, by the way.

M-O-O-N Chooch is on a distinguished road Chooch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone delt with ebay seller Tinah3 before. I see that he/she always has a lot of upscale King items for sale. Is it a store or person?
    If it weren't for integrity...what would you be? Ka is a wheel.....

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Chooch View Post
    Has anyone delt with ebay seller Tinah3 before. I see that he/she always has a lot of upscale King items for sale. Is it a store or person?
    From what I've heard here and on other sites, it is woman in BC. She bought a lot a few years ago (evidently quite a King collection was amassed) with the intent of selling for a profit to fund her kids' college or something to that effect. Her prices are way too high, but I haven't heard anything negative about her.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

That's what I heard also. Too bad her prices are so high--she has some things I wouldn't mind having, but not at those prices!

John

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    That's what I heard also. Too bad her prices are so high--she has some things I wouldn't mind having, but not at those prices!

John
    Some of them are "consistent" with prices when she would have been buying all these. But some are way out there. $2000 for a PC of the Regulators S/L? $750 would be GREAT at auction. $1400 for the UK S/L of Wizard and Glass? $300 tops.

I only ever tried to make an offer on the PC of the Regulators. I offered $800 (figured I'd say some $$ on customs with keeping it in Canada) and it was auto-rejected.

Gunslinger Apprentice Earth's Militant Mind is on a distinguished road Earth's Militant Mind's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have made offers to her before as well, she is very expensive. I got into a e-mail discussion with her once about her "Letters from Hell" but she was very stuck on her price.

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

anyone have any idea what the story is behind this Duma Key? Who published it, etc...? Never seen it before.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=110334826886
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

Gunslinger Apprentice inertia1215 is on a distinguished road inertia1215's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Gris View Post
    anyone have any idea what the story is behind this Duma Key? Who published it, etc...? Never seen it before.

It was published by Hodder & Stoughton, it is the UK edition. A very nice cover, but is the same book. Heres a link to Amazon, they have used copies starting at Ł4.30.

[ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Duma-Key-Stephen-King/dp/0340952199/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1231941565&sr=8-2"]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Duma-Key-Stephen-King/dp/0340952199/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1231941565&sr=8-2[/ame]
    In a book,in a box,high upon a shelf
    In a locked a guarded vault
    Are things I keep only for myself
    Its your fate,but its not your fault

Gunslinger Apprentice Clacke will become famous soon enough Clacke's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Gris View Post

The cover shown is of the UK trade edition published by Hodder & Stoughton.
    Edit: Too slow - beaten by inertia

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

thanks for the infos
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I too think that Tinah3 overprices her sales. But then this is a free market and she is very patient and from what I can acertain, she appears to be getting her prices most often! More power to her if she can do it! And I trust her - if she says its a signed copy then I am pretty sure that is a valid statement! Of course the S/Ls speak for themselves anyways! :-)

Looking at her sales over the past 6 months I think she has amassed plenty to pay for her kids college education!

I like seeing her auctions, but only as a passive lurker - way over my budget! :-)
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    I too think that Tinah3 overprices her sales. But then this is a free market and she is very patient and from what I can acertain, she appears to be getting her prices most often! More power to her if she can do it! And I trust her - if she says its a signed copy then I am pretty sure that is a valid statement! Of course the S/Ls speak for themselves anyways! :-)

Looking at her sales over the past 6 months I think she has amassed plenty to pay for her kids college education!

I like seeing her auctions, but only as a passive lurker - way over my budget! :-)
    I entirely agree. Theres nothing wrong with having absurd prices. Although on the signatures, there was a few about 4-6 months back that were thought to be fake. BUT, it seemed that she was entirely unaware aswell.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

She may overpriced her items, but i guess that in the end she also looses a lot of money by ebays fees : as she have to relist items, i guess that putting them higher is also a way to do not lose too much money

(and i think that someone in the past mentionned that she sometimes accept cheaper offers.. i guess, as long as it isnt TOO much cheaper... everyone gain)

thats really a thing that is missing in ebay : if auctions are getting relisted and relisted : it would be nice to make a cheaper offer to the seller...

===

on amazon, there are few "duma key" books which are presented as being in french... but being "hodder and stoughton export". published in june 2008
    any idea of what it is? actually french language?
    the book will be published at the end of march in France...

[ame="http://www.amazon.fr/Duma-Key/dp/0340934263/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1231949112&sr=8-1"]amazon.fr[/ame] : [ame="http://www.amazon.fr/Duma-Key/dp/0340934263/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1231949112&sr=8-1"]http://www.amazon.fr/Duma-Key/dp/0340934263/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1231949112&sr=8-1[/ame]
    any idea?
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    on amazon, there are few "duma key" books which are presented as being in french... but being "hodder and stoughton export". published in june 2008
    My guess? Hodder & Stoughton are now part of the Hachette Livre group, so I expect they are sharing resources.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

The way Tinah lists them - 30 days at a time with a buy-it-now - means the listing fee is only .15 cents...they've changed the fee structure....that's why there's so few auctions, and so many buy-it-now listings.

M-O-O-N Chooch is on a distinguished road Chooch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That is true but they also charge 2 - 3 % of the end price so $4500 us means a payment to Ebay of $90 - $135. I agree she is way out there on price, but she does have items you dont see all the time I.E. The "zippered" Skelton Crew
    If it weren't for integrity...what would you be? Ka is a wheel.....

Gunslinger Apprentice blg is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Chooch View Post
    I've bought a few things from her and have had nothing but good interactions. Also, even though I agree that certain items are way overpriced, I've been able to get her price down as much as 25-30% on a few books. It just depends as there are certain things she won't budge on.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    My guess? Hodder & Stoughton are now part of the Hachette Livre group, so I expect they are sharing resources.
    What do you mean? You think that it could ACTUALLY be french translations?

I've searched Lisey's story & Just After Sunset, to see if there could be french version of it. Sometimes they appear as in french through amazon and within the description are then in english. I guess must be the same for Duma. Probably some mistake... should maybe try to email H&S for asking, just to be sure...

Gunslinger Apprentice Earth's Militant Mind is on a distinguished road Earth's Militant Mind's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I definitly think she is a trusted seller and should be added to that list here, I too love seeing her items...just can't afford them either.

Kvothe The Bloodless SigTauGimp is on a distinguished road SigTauGimp's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey everyone...not sure if I'm posting in the right thread or not(It's rare that I venture to this section of the site), but since you all were already on the topic of Tinah3, I had to mention it.

This is a very cool item. I wish it was possible to find nearly the exact same item, only the lettered edition being "RF". I'm pretty sure I'd pay the amount Tinah3 wants, if I could.
    Last edited by SigTauGimp; 01-15-2009 at 03:09 AM. Reason: Figured out stuff....n/m. :(

Elodin: "Tombs is for feckless twits who can't chew their own food. My boy's a Re'lar! He has the feck of twenty men!"

Kvothe: “Books are a poor substitute for female companionship, but they are easier to find.”

Simmon: ”It’s just ointment in case you get burned...but if you mix it with piss, it turns into candy.” Sim’s expression was deadpan. “Delicious candy.”

Were you there to see the Bear?
    YouTube

Gunslinger Apprentice Hutch will become famous soon enough Hutch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Copy "RF" does not exist. They were lettered A-Z and double lettered AA- ZZ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Earth's Militant Mind View Post

I definitly think she is a trusted seller and should be added to that list here, I too love seeing her items...just can't afford them either.

Country
    Country Flag

Post says RR unless this was changed later, still F is right below R so typo is possible. Either way I trust her products, just wont pay that price. I know that it is worth more but I wouldnt pay more than half of what she is asking for on the stand(just me of course). Well maybe I would pay $2000 if I had it either way I dont so.....damn I wish I were rich some times.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 462 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 109 159 ... LastLast