Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 383 of 462 FirstFirst ... 283 333 373 381 382 383 384 385 393 433 ... LastLast
Results 9,551 to 9,575 of 11535

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

I also don't blame Ebay for these problems.

The problem I would have is that you're then letting somebody at Ebay - hardly an expert - make decisions about signatures, or anything else like that.

Do you want to be a customer who informs yourself and can have faith in your own decisions....

OR

Do you want a company without any real knowledge to make those decisions for you? Or rather, decide what auctions are available and which aren't?

Personally, I'd let the buyer be the one to decide. Paypal allows for refunds, etc., so you can always get your money back within a window - so there IS recourse.

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

this is the kind of thing that makes me think of one of my favorite lines from Tommy Boy, " If you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed i will, I got spare time..."
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/STEPHEN-KING...0AAOSwNRdX4o8F

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sgc1999 View Post
    this is the kind of thing that makes me think of one of my favorite lines from Tommy Boy, " If you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed i will, I got spare time..."
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/STEPHEN-KING...0AAOSwNRdX4o8F
    I actually believe there is a good chance that signature is legit.

Now this Dreamcatcher and this Tommyknockers are dumps in a box.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

This one actually irritates me.
    The seller has a lengthy "babble-speak" (Corporate word, not even in a dictionary) going on and on. Purporteldy traded an 1851 Navy Colt Drawing.
    Doesn't matter.
    I wouldn't want it.

Note on provenance. I am an acquaintance of Michaerl Wheelan (Illustrator for all of King's Dark Tower series) and he was kind enough, in exchange for a drawing of an 1851 Navy Colt (pictured above), to have Mr. King sign my Grant Editions of the aforementioned books, along with a number of bookplates and other volumes. Please note also that the original return letter etc from Mr King is NOT included in the auction. As written below in the Provenance section, it relates to other items I received from Mr King and is a personal correspondence between myself and the author and contains his home address. It is also a well known fact nowadays among all serious King collectors that he will no longer sign back copies of any of his work, even at signing/promotional events. As a result such older genuine signed volumes are now at a premium..
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Signed-Steph...UAAOSwLnBX5xnp

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

It's a terrible signature. I love how he spells Michael Whelan in his auction.......ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Love how he goes on and on with all the bullshitty tangential details (sleight of hand) to help persuade you of his legitimacy... ("the letter from Mr King is NOT included.") hahaa. Start by spelling your acquaintances names correctly, strunza...

Gunslinger Apprentice Ivo will become famous soon enough Ivo will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amused

Looking at all the pictures around the stories made me hungry and crave some wagon wheels pasta.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    It's a terrible signature. I love how he spells Michael Whelan in his auction.......ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!

Mulleins
    I find it amusing that he corrected the spelling of Michael and left the spelling, "Wheelan."

It is also passing strange that "Wheelan" didn't sign the books himself.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It is also a well known fact nowadays among all serious King collectors that he will no longer sign back copies of any of his work, even at signing/promotional events. As a result such older genuine signed volumes are now at a premium.

I must not be a serious collector.

I do agree that "older genuine signed volumes are now at a premium." Too bad he isn't selling any.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I could be wrong, but I can't imagine King would sign across someone's artwork.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

It is no bueno.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

More crap from Greyfell:

Signed Cell
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Seller has posted a bunch of questionable signed books recently.
    Stephen King signed MR MERCEDES

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Sig looks possible. I don't recall (even in The Plant) King writing "Merry Christmas".
    Bag of Bones by Stephen King (1998, Hardcover) signed copy w/special inscription

Edit: The "M" looks pretty good.

Second edit:

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A blatant forgery!

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Seller has posted a bunch of questionable signed books recently.
    Stephen King signed MR MERCEDES
    They deleted their previous description which said recently bought from a signed lot sale - therefore I cannot tell the authenticity of the signatures. But I think he can - since he poorly forged them all

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thoughts on the BOB?

Gunslinger Apprentice hyraxia will become famous soon enough hyraxia's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi all,

It's been a long time. I'm sorry to have been absent. It's always a joy being here. Anyway, I'm just writing a note as a client of ours mentioned that someone on here had been questioning our reputation. I'm just here to address any concerns, because there's nothing more important to us than our reputation.

Anything you think we have that's not right. Tell me, I'll take it off right away. I know the experts here and I value their opinions. I've been appraising King signatures for years, but of course, many opinions is better than just one. I'm here to protect our reputation and if that means disposing of a few hundred quid of books that I clearly think are authentic, then so be it. Of course, every signed King we get through the door we examine. We dismiss probably nine out of every ten signature we get offered, it's such a minefield now that it's barely even worth it. Let me know your thoughts.

Other than that...how are you all?
    www.hyraxia.com - Specialist sellers of Speculative Fiction Modern First Editions.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by hyraxia View Post
    Hi all,

It's been a long time. I'm sorry to have been absent. It's always a joy being here. Anyway, I'm just writing a note as a client of ours mentioned that someone on here had been questioning our reputation. I'm just here to address any concerns, because there's nothing more important to us than our reputation.

Anything you think we have that's not right. Tell me, I'll take it off right away. I know the experts here and I value their opinions. I've been appraising King signatures for years, but of course, many opinions is better than just one. I'm here to protect our reputation and if that means disposing of a few hundred quid of books that I clearly think are authentic, then so be it. Of course, every signed King we get through the door we examine. We dismiss probably nine out of every ten signature we get offered, it's such a minefield now that it's barely even worth it. Let me know your thoughts.

I don't recall someone questioning your reputation, but I do recall other members here touting your quality service when I was looking for a particular Joe Hill book. And my experience with you was quite good!

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hyraxia View Post
    Hi all,

I don't recall someone questioning your reputation, but I do recall other members here touting your quality service when I was looking for a particular Joe Hill book. And my experience with you was quite good!
    Yes, some months ago there was a discussion on this thread around a suspect signed book for sale at Hyraxia. This was the book at the centre of that discussion.

Stephen King - IT - Signed - Viking

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The "F" in "For" is unlike any I've seen on King inscriptions beginning with "For". King doesn't create an almost nazi symbol bringing the left side of the cross of the "F" directly up. He rarely tops the "F" with a straight horizontal line equal in length (on each side) atop the vertical part of the "F". I've never seen the "...or" part of "For" look like oz. (as in ounces).
    Looking at the year "87", I've looked through numerous inscriptions from King in the 1980's, and the "8" never has the long stroke extending above the top when finishing the "8".

Those are just a few things that IMO make the inscription highly questionable.

I could cite more things, but I'd like other members who are highly regarded collector's (I consider myself to be a competent, but not great expert on King signatures) chime in.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 383 of 462 FirstFirst ... 283 333 373 381 382 383 384 385 393 433 ... LastLast