Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 86 of 462 FirstFirst ... 36 76 84 85 86 87 88 96 136 186 ... LastLast
Results 2,126 to 2,150 of 11535

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

John

M-O-O-N Chooch is on a distinguished road Chooch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lophophoras View Post
    "A BABY CHUE ON IT ALL UP AND DOWN" - quote from seller.

http://cgi.ebay.com/STEPHEN-KING-SIG...item2a02122b38

What do you guys think?

LMAO
    If it weren't for integrity...what would you be? Ka is a wheel.....

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

I'm not convinced...even though it looks good, something doesn't click with me...plus I would trust any COA a whole lot less than I would trust a zero feedback...haha...

Traveler possum is on a distinguished road

Rusher and Hutch: I took a look at the www.neatograph site. It is remarkable. They even have a movie poster signed by Biggie Smalls for the film the Nortorious B.I.G.! Remarkable since Smalls was murdered in March 1997 and the film project wasn't even initiated until 2003!

By the way, Paladin Rare Books is advertising some King material. Check it out at: http://www.bonanzle.com/booths/Paladin_Rare_Books

Gunslinger Apprentice Rusher is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by possum View Post
    Rusher and Hutch: I took a look at the www.neatograph site. It is remarkable. They even have a movie poster signed by Biggie Smalls for the film the Nortorious B.I.G.! Remarkable since Smalls was murdered in March 1997 and the film project wasn't even initiated until 2003!

By the way, Paladin Rare Books is advertising some King material. Check it out at: http://www.bonanzle.com/booths/Paladin_Rare_Books
    LOL !!! Its amazing how many people blatantly get away with stuff like this

as for Bonanzle...its a great alternative to ebay and WAYYYYY cheaper to do business, but unfortunately they just don't have the traffic yet that ebay does.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think the correct URL is:
    http://neautograph.com/

Poster

Traveler possum is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the correction on the URL. I would be interested in opinions on Paladin's King material.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think it is interesting that The Dead Zone, and Firestarter were both signed 8/11/80

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Both pretty clear fakes...

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

How can you tell apart from the dates?

Well, the dates are a big part of it...since the signatures don't look anything like sigs from that same time period...plus the 'g' looks terrible. Plus, the dates don't look right. So bad all the way around.

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

As a point of reference, here's a good SK sig from 1980. Besides the 'g' in King that Rahfa mentioned, the K looks wrong, too.

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for that. im always wary of flat signed books which is why i prefer signed limiteds. though i have bought 2 flat signed books of Ceri in the past!

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And Ceri is in no way questionable!

Gunslinger Apprentice johnsmith87 will become famous soon enough johnsmith87's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes. Pretty bad. Thanks.

Gunslinger Apprentice Calla_Wolf is on a distinguished road Calla_Wolf's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed

Quote Originally Posted by gsvec View Post

...no fakes here...

...but am I reeeeeally "in no way questionable" ?

Bet my wife would have something to say 'bout that
    Calla Wolf

Gunslinger Apprentice Calla_Wolf is on a distinguished road Calla_Wolf's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed

Quote Originally Posted by Cloysterpete View Post
    hmmm has ebay got a new policy regarding postage?.

I noticed that every new book posted today (ebay uk this is) has free delivery, have they forced book sellers to give free delivery?, I noticed in the DVD category your only allowed to select the free del option when listing something.

Great for buyers like me, makes it a lot easier to see how much something is without having to total up postage on top.
    Yes...thankfully I don't sell much these days. Now that Ebay forces sellers to equate shipping a worthless paperback with a £200 limited edition...NOT going to rant here, 'cept to say "it sucks"
    Calla Wolf

Gunslinger Apprentice Cloysterpete is on a distinguished road Cloysterpete's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sellers seem to have got around it already, they select the 'courier' option and then specify how much the service costs in the item description. For expensive books I would guess a courier service would be a better bet than Royal Mail which is all temp workers on min-wage to cope with the strike action by the regulars.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Calla_Wolf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gsvec View Post

...no fakes here...

...but am I reeeeeally "in no way questionable" ?

Bet my wife would have something to say 'bout that
    Apparently, I should've been more precise in my statement. Allow me to rephrase: And Ceri is in no way questionable when it comes to authentic SK signatures!

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone up for a $3000 signed BCE of the Stand? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:X:RTQ:US:1123

This one blew me away, I mean my goodness.

The sig looks authentic to me but I am in no way even close to an expert.
    Last edited by ChristineB; 11-03-2009 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Note to self: add the link!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ChristineB View Post
    Anyone up for a $3000 signed BCE of the Stand? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:X:RTQ:US:1123

This one blew me away, I mean my goodness.

The sig looks authentic to me but I am in no way even close to an expert.
    Yeah, definitely a BCE no matter what the seller says. If you look at the picture of the back cover, you can clearly see the word Edition (aka BOOK CLUB Edition) at the bottom of the front dust jacket flap. Plus there's no price on the jacket, either, in the 2nd pic. The seller's trying to get away with not including a full pic of the DJ flaps and luring people into believing it's a 1st/1st. I think I'll report it.

On the other hand, I think the sig's good.

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, definitely a BCE no matter what the seller says. If you look at the picture of the back cover, you can clearly see the word Edition (aka BOOK CLUB Edition) at the bottom of the front dust jacket flap. Plus there's no price on the jacket, either, in the 2nd pic. The seller's trying to get away with not including a full pic of the DJ flaps and luring people into believing it's a 1st/1st. I think I'll report it.

On the other hand, I think the sig's good.
    He even states it's quater cloth boards in the decription but you can plainly see in the pic's it isn't.

I told him that it is a BCE and the answer I got back was: OK. I didn't tell him it isn't worth 3000 though, was trying to be civil.

Country
    Country Flag

The part that irritates me most is that he KNOWS it's a BCE since it says it verbatim on the DJ flap. Quite simply, a liar.

Country
    Country Flag

Decided to give him a chance before I report it. Here's the question I sent - we shall see!
    Hi! Hoping you can answer a few questions about this book. Does it say FIRST EDITION on the copyright page? Is there a code on the inner margin on page 823?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 86 of 462 FirstFirst ... 36 76 84 85 86 87 88 96 136 186 ... LastLast